Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create Sims' Interests

When doing Friendly socials with other Sims, "Discuss Interests" is one of them but you have no idea what their interests are so maybe they could be chosen by players. For example, if two Sims meet each other and they find out their interests are Fishing or going to the gym, then maybe they could send each other a message inviting them to workout at the gym.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    That would be great.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Yes! The game definitely needs this! Especially when I have sims that I'd like to be artsy or sporty etc., being able to set those things as actual interests would be fantastic. It would have to also affect how easily/difficult it is for sims with similar/different interests to build a relationship.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes! It would be a way to pay homage to the Sims 2 Freetime. If we could set up to say 3 interests per sim, perhaps they would naturally gravitate towards those activities instead of always the computer.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I would love this! Interests/likes would really help give our sims more personality. Perhaps some dislikes too.
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    This could also relate to Clubs. If a Sim's interest is working out, they could get an invitation to join a relevant gym club. For example, "Hi Jane. It's Fiona. When we were talking yesterday, you mentioned you enjoy working out, and we have this gym club that you might be interested in. Wanna join?"
    2quwd7.gif

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    would be neat if I was able to choose what my sims are interested in and what they have 0 interest for
    would give them some personality
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes! It’s weird for me when a sim I create suddenly gains a programming skill. Like my intent is for them to be more of a technophobe, but they work on a school project and gain a skill point in something they shouldn’t care about.
    And in the sims 3, there were traits like “good sense of humor” or “no sense of humor.” But in ts4 comedy is a skill: anyone can be funny whether it is in their character or not.

If there was a way to control interests, it could affect out-of-the-blue skill gains, which I would love. So if my sim has ZERO interest in comedy, they can watch comedy on TV and not gain the skill. They can make baaaad jokes and not get any better at humor.