Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Regular townies turning into spellcasters?

I was watching the Sims Community YouTube livestream of RoM and it looks like it’s turning normal sims into spellcasters. Anyone have any further information on this? I just don’t want people accidentally ruining their saves tomorrow if it’s actually a bug. Sorry if this has been discussed already!

Comments

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2019
    Gurus have coded it so that any played sims, or sims you have a relationship with will be excluded, but sims you haven't interacted with (and don't play) are available for the spellcaster role - like other NPC job roles.

Most people are likely testing out the pack in fresh saves, so they wouldn't have played anyone else in the save.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    This is a big deal for me, I don't want to ruin my normal realistic saves, I'm glad I didn't buy the pack yet..
    I thought they only practise magic in the magic world?!
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    This is a big deal for me, I don't want to ruin my normal realistic saves, I'm glad I didn't buy the pack yet..

Sims will never use magic outside of the Realm or you bug them to that's it.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • robjoneskidrobjoneskid Posts: 90 Member

From what I’ve heard they do only practice magic in the magic realm but it still gives them the occult status 😕

• EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited September 2019
    They only autonomously practice magic in the Magic Realm. Extra spellacasters aren't needed until you go there, so just don't visit and your save will be fine.

There will be premades in the world though, and these will likely regenerate as randoms if you delete them.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Gurus have coded it so that any played sims, or sims you have a relationship with will be excluded, but sims you haven't interacted with (and don't play) are available for the spellcaster role - like other NPC job roles.

Most people are likely testing out the pack in fresh saves, so they wouldn't have played anyone else in the save.

That's extremely useful info. Especially for me as someone who has a very long running save full of my sims and their relationships. As always, I want to pick who is a spellcaster. Just like I want to pick who gets with who, who has kids, etc. And that's why story progression will not work in 4.

I think they are doing what they can, but I am glad they are protecting players like me who build that entire community and rebuild the entire worlds.
    edited September 2019
    They only autonomously practice magic in the Magic Realm. Extra spellacasters aren't needed until you go there, so just don't visit and your save will be fine.

There will be premades in the world though, and these will likely regenerate as randoms if you delete them.

What the point of owning the pack if I never visit? I just want the magic to stay there and not spellcasters appear in other worlds?

And where these premades you talking about? In other normal worlds? Or in magic realms? I don't want spellcasters townies to spawn in other worlds and see them walking around, in the magic world its fine of course..

What the point of owning the pack if I never visit? I just want the magic to stay there and not spellcasters appear in other worlds?

And where these premades you talking about? In other normal worlds? Or in magic realms? I don't want spellcasters townies to spawn in other worlds and see them walking around, in the magic world its fine of course..

Why would you buy the pack if you don't intend to use it?
    Still super excited for the pack though!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

The game will make other spellcasters for your sim to interact with if you go to the magic realm. Since there is a big community of sims there it makes sense. It would have to delete them when you left if you do not want spellcasters in your save.

Hmm... think I will make my own spellcasters in a different save and just port those households into my save that I play now. I want expand the magical bit slowly in this story so no realm-visiting for my main sims right now. Looking forward to having a save with lots of spellcasters.
    Personally I don't care given the fact I want casters EVERYWHERE stupid no lot trait with this pack...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    fullspiral wrote: »

And that's why we don't have the alien invasions like we should and what we paid for. And why vampires were toned down. And why witches will be too.

They complained that the in game dynamics were not "fun" for their happy, happy, joy, joy white picket fence sim-lives. They didn't want garlic on the walls, or satellite dishes on the lawns. And those of us who love the "weird and wonderful world of sim crazy" get screwed so they can play family time with washers and dryers.

Ah well at this occult is the most advanced one we've had so least they have more to do then vampires (in fact vampires only have a skill tree for their powers while Casters have two 'skill trees')

Why would you buy the pack if you don't intend to use it?

I want to use it just I don't want to ruin my other realistic play, it's pretty simple..the magic should stay in the magic world..I dont want spellcasters in my realistic saves wondering around everywhere..I like both realistic and fantasy..but I don't like them to be mixed..simple.
    Then don't buy it..?
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @fullspiral People are... Odd and want the pack for build mode content and whine about fantasy plaguing them when they bought a fantasy dlc

And that's why we don't have the alien invasions like we should and what we paid for. And why vampires were toned down. And why witches will be too.

They complained that the in game dynamics were not "fun" for their happy, happy, joy, joy white picket fence sim-lives. They didn't want garlic on the walls, or satellite dishes on the lawns. And those of us who love the "weird and wonderful world of sim crazy" get screwed so they can play family time with washers and dryers.

Funny, because even without doing anything not even touching the logic skill or being a scientist I get abducted, where GTW where actually isnt even a "fantasy" type of pack and people bought it for active jobs, everyone got forced to be abducted whether you like it or not..and people who play realistic had to use mods to stop that..
    I never touch vampires or read about information on them on the computer yet everyday I found them knocking on my family play doors..and even get bitten when sleeping even when not interacting with them at all..

Why I got vampires? Because I love vampires but I want them to be more active when I interact with them or search for them on the PC..not appearing everyday on my door and biting me in my sleep when u live far in the island and have nothing to do with them..

There are tons of way to increase your chance of abductions like being a scientist or collecting rocks..logic skill, but some people too lazy to search and want their gameplay to be forced on everyone..
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited September 2019
    @fullspiral People are... Odd and want the pack for build mode content and whine about fantasy plaguing them when they bought a fantasy dlc

This. I will again pay $20.00 for a pack and have $10.00 worth of features stripped out because a bunch of people buy it as a stuff pack and only want the BB and CAS. Features. The way I figure it, EA owes me money for nerfing the aliens, vampires, and weather related deaths I plunked down my money for that they later came in and extinguish it. It’s almost like running a bait and switch which technically is illegal. If people are going to pay for a pack knowing the features it contains and then gripe about not wanting those exact same features then they should have to turn to modders to tone down or eliminate them and stop having them snatched out of the games belonging to those of us who paid for them and enjoyed them.

The way I understand this is in the Magic Realm you may see Bob Pancakes or some other pre-made autonomously practice magic, but in the other worlds outside of the realm you won’t am I correct?

So for example he might be spell casting his little heart out in the realm, then you see him 2 minutes later in WC and he’s just plain old mild mannered, hen pecked, gloomy Bob. Is that correct?

This. I will again pay $20.00 for a pack and have $10.00 worth of features stripped out because a bunch of people buy it as a stuff pack and only want the BB and CAS. Features. The way I figure it, EA owes me money for nerfing the aliens, vampires, and weather related deaths I plunked down my money for that they later came in and extinguish it. It’s almost like running a bait and switch which technically is illegal. If people are going to pay for a pack knowing the features it contains and then gripe about not wanting those exact same features then they should have to turn to modders to tone down or eliminate them and stop having them snatched out of the games belonging to those of us who paid for them and enjoyed them.

The way I understand this is in the Magic Realm you may see Bob Pancakes or some other pre-made autonomously practice magic, but in the other worlds outside of the realm you won’t am I correct?

So for example he might be spell casting his little heart out in the realm, then you see him 2 minutes later in WC and he’s just plain old mild mannered, hen pecked, gloomy Bob. Is that correct?

Yes that’s correct about Bob and should be fine for some people but it definitely ruins roleplaying aspects for others such as myself.

Funny, because even without doing anything not even touching the logic skill or being a scientist I get abducted, where GTW where actually isnt even a "fantasy" type of pack and people bought it for active jobs, everyone got forced to be abducted whether you like it or not..and people who play realistic had to use mods to stop that..
    I never touch vampires or read about information on them on the computer yet everyday I found them knocking on my family play doors..and even get bitten when sleeping even when not interacting with them at all..

Why I got vampires? Because I love vampires but I want them to be more active when I interact with them or search for them on the PC..not appearing everyday on my door and biting me in my sleep when u live far in the island and have nothing to do with them..

There are tons of way to increase your chance of abductions like being a scientist or collecting rocks..logic skill, but some people too lazy to search and want their gameplay to be forced on everyone..

I have a level 10 scientist in my game. He was abducted twice. He has alien twins (daughter and son). But that was way back when GTW came out. And he even used the satellite on his front lawn. (He sells them now btw) But it was toned way down. Maybe it's because I have a long running save or something, but it's extremely rare for me to have anything occur. I get vampires on lots that designate them as vampire nexus.

Maybe I play different. But I don't bother with strange sims who knock at my sims doors. I ignore them all. And it absolutely depends on which house I am playing in my save as to what happens. But I WANT the option for "something" to happen sometimes. But that's all been toned way back.

100% exactly and you said it better than me.

The autonomous alien mind meld is nerfed. So much that we PAID for is nerfed. For the complainers who want stuff packs from game packs.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited September 2019

100% exactly and you said it better than me.

The autonomous alien mind meld is nerfed. So much that we PAID for is nerfed. For the complainers who want stuff packs from game packs.

Thanks. This game sorely lacks randomness and every time we get some a small handful complains loudly and the very reasons I bought the pack...unpredictable happenstance ends up getting patched out. It’s depressing. Literally nothing happens in this game that you don’t absolutely force to have happen.
    Post edited by Pamtastic72 on