Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I love genetics!

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited September 2019
    Keanu and River are now adults and have lost the freshness of youth but, with the help of mouth height sliders for life stages other than YA, they still look good :) I woke them in the middle of the night to take a pic of them with Kier, now a teen :)
    48668696592_e3191e104f_o.jpg

A close look at the brothers so you can see how different they are :)
    48668196593_dbeeed75b1_o.jpg
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Mason finally aged up! Happy birthday kid!
    (my sound on my computer went loco so I had to save and quit. One more day until Conner ages up and Mom and Dad want another kid!)
    48653925013_99540fcfb8_o.jpg

@HilyBeth he is adorable. would love to see his mother and father,
  • HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Tell me.... How can Liam go from hottie young adult to smexy adult?!
    48680690673_4580a65671_o.jpg
    48680690538_33a0f6ca96_o.jpg

Even Victoria is still gorgeous!
    48681200252_35fe1d667f_o.jpg
    48681200002_d0e8f2bda8_o.jpg

Here's Conner, and their youngest, and only daughter, Gillian-Rose.
    48693191951_c902b7ea46_o.jpg
    48681199882_444a1ba669_o.jpg
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
    @HillyBeth Congrats on the birth of Gillian-Rose :)
    Who would you say Conner looks like? It looks to me that he favours his mother a bit.
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Who would you say Conner looks like? It looks to me that he favours his mother a bit.

A good mix of both. Mom's hair, dad's eyes. They'll have two more kids after Gilly ages up.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays

A good mix of both. Mom's hair, dad's eyes. They'll have two more kids after Gilly ages up.

Are you referring to hair and eye colour? I am only interested in slider positions as hair and eye colour (without mods) are subject to frequent random mutation, hence those god awful violet eyes and baby poo green hair that often appears :#
  • BreazonaBreazona Posts: 1,335 Member
    Here's Denali
    2nsYH0K.jpg
    And her husband Aleksei
    mYi4Nsh.jpg
    And their kids Reece and Eden!
    28Xv3ij.jpg
    Reece has black hair from his paternal grandma (the kids are only my second generation though)
    don't mind reece's piece of invisible neck...
    sims 2&3 my beloved♥
    @Breazona Reece and Eden are very good looking :)
    Eden seems to mostly favour her mother but it looks like Reece got his dad's nose (the best I can tell without a close up of Aleksei. Do you have a close up of Aleksei so I can see his eye shape?
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited September 2019
    Here's Juliette...
    Juliette-Montoya1.png

And Justin...
    Justin-Montoya1.png

And their son Luka.
    Luka-Montoya-Toddler.png

You're definitely right about pudding sims... the kids always end up clones of them. Any ideas how I could make Luka look like Juliette a little?

Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    @rubyskywalker Luka definitely looks like dad. Dad, however, doesn't look pudding. In fact Juliette looks more pudding than him. Pudding refers to default, game-generated sims with all sliders set to zero. I could be wrong, but Juliette looks like she would have way more zero sliders than Justin.

Are you referring to hair and eye colour? I am only interested in slider positions as hair and eye colour (without mods) are subject to frequent random mutation, hence those god awful violet eyes and baby poo green hair that often appears :#

I was actually, but now that I think about it, the boys favor their father as far as face sliders go. Although I won't really know about Mason for one more sim-day.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @Mikezumi Kinda funny... although I will admit I didn't do much tweaking to Juliette when I created her, as I thought she looked lovely. Justin is one of the townspeople in Twinbrook... all I changed was his hairstyle.
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
    @rubyskywalker I am interested in sim genetics and do not judge other people's sims on their looks. If you are happy with Juliette that is all that counts. I was just explaining what pudding means and that Juliette has mostly zero sliders from what I can see.
    I saw Justin in another thread and then googled him and saw he was a Twinbrook resident.
    I decided to load up even though it was after midnight when I loaded up. Lol! Here is a teenage Mason William Burkett!
    Victoria is pregnant again, but this time I gave *only her* fertility treatment.
    48710129446_413a8e8b0d_o.jpg

@Mikezumi I told you he has his mother's eyes. Lol. :)
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    @Mikezumi Thanks! I might move them to a new town, but I'm not sure yet.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited September 2019
    Looks mostly like Keanu. Definitely not bad. I need to get some zoom mod I guess.

I gave in and let Marcus and Jamie have another daughter. They went to the hospital in Oasis Landing and let one be made. You pick the parents (both have to be present), gender, hair and eye color, pay 5000 simoleons, and you can leave the hospital with the new baby.
    ARSBMpN.jpg
    Given Jamie isn't the youngest anymore (she should have at least another 100 days though), I sped a little bit through the baby and toddler phases. Here's Diana as toddler.
    FQFNwYk.jpg
    And here she is as a child.
    L2kRBpl.jpg
    JfVx1oK.jpg
    Sorry for not taking images in the stylist. It's always a bit risky to enter the stylist in that particular game, and although I changed the hair here (I'm not even sure whether it's an improvement or not), I simply forgot to take a pic there. Let's see if Diana will lose that puffy face.

Next up will be the birthday of Lucas. Finally.
    @Turjan Thanks :) Here's the link to the CAS Zoom Mod. If you have trouble with CAS you mightn't have much use for it but I love being able to zoom in real close when I am making sims.

Congrats on the new baby :) It's hard for me to see Diana's face. Who does she look like?
    edited September 2019
    I'd say a mix of both, if I look at the eyes. I have no idea where the chin comes from. I haven't looked at her aged up yet, as the game gets really flaky when I do that. I can try next time the family is somewhere else than SV.
    Looking forward to seeing her when she is a teen, @Turjan :)
    It will be much easier to see for myself then.
    OK, here are some not that lousy pics instead. The second one is less overexposed.
    KkkV7H1.jpg
    922iHqh.jpg

Lucas had his birthday, too.
    Wq4IWZV.jpg
    EEtvmuN.jpg
    A more neutral expression (well, Jamie not so much :smile: ):
    lx1iiVO.jpg
    The game insists on that haircut, I guess. It's the same he got as child and as teen. Paul is due in 4 days, and he'll probably end up bald, if this is an indicator.
    Anyway, I like the subtle changes around the eyes.

I'll have to look for some better custom hair. Some of his clothes are also off (his sleepwear is hilarious). I'll wait for Paul's birthday and send them to university, where it's probably easier to go into the stylist for me. The twins are due a week after Paul.
    @Turjan That's much better! I can see dad in Diana but, of course, children's faces can be tricky. Not sure why it's more obvious in toddlers than in the child stage! :|
    Lucas is very handsome! I can see Marcus in both of them :)
    I see two of the kids got the preset violet eyes. I use the Consort Eye Colour mod to stop sims from getting random eye colours.
    Changing their hair/outfits at uni is a good idea. I find my CAS, although it doesn't crash, gets very sluggish when a save has been going for a while but works well when they are at uni or traveling.
    edited September 2019
    Thanks. Yes, university and the vacation worlds don't have NRAAS SP activated and a lot less people, which means they run better for me.

Regarding eye colors, I'm a bit in a pickle, because I can't distinguish blue from violet (or green from brown). I guess it's my fault when Diana has violet eyes, because I was free to choose the eye color at the hospital where she was made. I should try the consort mod, which should eliminate any guesswork from my side. I'm not sure whether I have it installed - I know I have one for hair color, although I haven't used it yet.
    Does Lucas also have violet eyes?

Given Diana is engineered, I'm not overly concerned about the color, except that violet isn't exactly a natural eye color. I don't even know what eye color the parents have. If both have brown eyes, children with any other type of color would be okay, because brown is dominant.