Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your Questions About Realm of Magic Here

Thought I'd make a thread about this, as I have thousands of questions. Course, I won't ask all of them. Then this post would be way to long.
  • What is the magical realm officially called, other than the "Realm of Magic"?
  • Will there be a love potion?
  • What style is the CAS?
  • Will the water in Glimmerbrook be open?
  • Will there actually be ghost shopkeepers in the new realm, as seen in the trailer?

Please, ask all your questions too. Let's see if a guru happens to stumble upon this and can answer... this was especially made for people who, like me, don't have Twitter and can't ask things on there.
funny-gifs20.gif

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Why wasn't my boy Torch brought back?
    • It would be nice to get the name of the grumpy-looking spellcaster from the trailer.
    • How many perks are in the skill tree, and what kind of bonuses can we expect to see from these perks?
    • Do the familiars have special default names/species names?
    • Why choose to introduce witches now, instead of years ago or years later?

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Besides some covered already (like how many perks are in the skill tree), I really only have two that I can distill down to a question.
    • Is there a lot trait that will allow npc spellcasters to use magic on lots outside of the magic realm?
    • Besides Get together (for Covens), and Cats and Dogs (for familiars), what (if any) other packs have notable impact on and/or are impacted by Realm of Magic ... ie is studying magical texts something parents can encourage via Parenthood, for example.
  • OneAdorkableGirlOneAdorkableGirl Posts: 2,379 Member
    edited August 2019
    • What game-play will children have. (It was said they'd be able to discover things, I think)
    • How does the Bloodline trait work. (just wondering if it has anything specific, or maybe they just turn into a spell-caster without.. ascending and things like that?)
    • Are there any new lot traits, if so, will any of them allow magic? (I want witches/spell-casters npcs to be able to do magic outside of the realm. If not, hopefully someone mods this. :x Wish I knew how to create script mods, lol.
    • How many different ingredients are there ? (I tried looking on simcommunity to see if this had been answered, yet, sorry if it has).
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    > *Will we have additional potions related to other packages? (Something like makin magic, having a high level of fame, or reputation.) Or even humanizing mermaids or aliens.
    > *The alchemy ingredients will be limited in the package or we will have base game ingredients

also I didn't understand that alchemy will not be a skill but will be a fourth way of the ways the spellcaster can take, does that mean that I can only be exclusively alchemist?
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited August 2019
    Thought I'd make a thread about this, as I have thousands of questions. Course, I won't ask all of them. Then this post would be way to long.
    • What is the magical realm officially called, other than the "Realm of Magic"?
    • Will there be a love potion?
    • What style is the CAS?
    • Will the water in Glimmerbrook be open?
    • Will there actually be ghost shopkeepers in the new realm, as seen in the trailer?

Please, ask all your questions too. Let's see if a guru happens to stumble upon this and can answer... this was especially made for people who, like me, don't have Twitter and can't ask things on there.

There is a love potion. That was confirmed somewhere.

My question is if you give a sim a potion who your not playing will they drink it?

Also
    What size are the lots in Glimmerbrook?

Can sims swim and or wade in the water in Glimmerbrook?

Can we fish in the Realm World?

Is the portal in buydebug and if so can it be used in other worlds?
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    My question is if you give a sim a potion who your not playing will they drink it?

God if they could add a "Offer drink/potion" interaction to basegame with the pre-pack update I would appreciate that so much. The number of times I have had someone over and their needs are clearly low and it's like "I am fully willing to spend the reward points to offer this sim a moodlet solver but I have no way to make them drink it" like SO FRUSTRATING.

I have, on occasion, bought the moodlet solver, deleted it, and then cheated their needs and justified it as "not cheating" since I still spent a moodlet solver potion but booyyyy would I appreciate just being able to offer then the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 drink.

Or being able to give them emotion potions! Ahhhh.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    When will it be on sale for 50% off?
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    > @catloverplayer said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > There is a love potion. That was confirmed somewhere.
    >
    > My question is if you give a sim a potion who your not playing will they drink it?
    >
    > Also
    > What size are the lots in Glimmerbrook?
    >
    > Can sims swim and or wade in the water in Glimmerbrook?
    >
    > Can we fish in the Realm World?
    >
    > Is the portal in buydebug and if so can it be used in other worlds?

i really think we will have some fishing space, probably to make alchemical potions, I hope at least.

I hope we can buy the portal through buydebug, after all we have a new cheat that releases more objects
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I wonder if we will get more cross-pack gameplay (besides the weather in Glimmerbrook, the ability to have covens with the GT clubs, and the ability to have pets as familiars)?

1). Will there be weather-related magic or spells as there have been in previous versions of the Sims? Controlling weather has always seemed very efficacious and magically powerful even if it was mainly shown through cool animations or effects.

2) Will there be any animal-related magic (besides turning pets into familiars)? That is, will there be spells allowing for transformations to and/ or from pets? Will there be magical interactions with animals (like conversing with them or understanding them)? I would particularly enjoy it if there were new magical ways to interact with bees.

3) Will there be any special magical interactions possible in Sulani, like drawing upon or harnessing the Island elementals or spirits in some way? Or perhaps harnessing some power from the ocean or the volcano or affecting them somehow?

4). Will there be any special abilities pertaining to other lifestates like vampires, mermaids, aliens or ghosts? For the hidden ones, perhaps spellcasters could gain the ability to recognize them? Or maybe they could temporarily become them or else temporarily borrow their powers? (Like becoming a Ghost briefly and using its powers to pass through barriers or walls). I wonder also if it could also be possible for spellcasters to duel vampires in some way? Since we don’t have zombies it would be interesting and creepy if spellcasters could call up or control ghosts, and/ or create ghosts. I have a lot of ghosts in my game and would like to put them to use.

5) Will there be any unique magical holidays or festivals (apart from custom ones) with their own magical traditions? (Could there, for instance, be summer and winter solstice days where magical abilities are enhanced or renewed more quickly as part of the celebrations?)

6) Could magic be combined with herbalism or wellness skills somehow to create a unique ability or abilities? (Perhaps sims with high wellness skills could restore their magical power levels more easily or something. Or those with high herbalism could use magic to gather ingredients).

7) Will sims be able to use magic to increase or enhance skilling or cut the time of certain activities down? Will there perhaps be unique animations/ abilities pertaining to practicing certain skills? (It would be great for instance if a magical sim could cook by setting food to chop or simmer or roast on its own with invisible hands stirring the pots or flipping the omelettes or whatever. I
    wonder if sims could gather up dishes or books the same way?)

It would be nice if magic would build on and interact with other aspects of the game in a variety of ways.
  • MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    If witches can use their spells to control vampires? 🤔
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I just want to know what the architectural style of Glimmerbrook will be, how many lots, and what size lots. I hope they show the map Friday so I can get my answers. I want to start planning my builds for my save file.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    It's been a while I've been so excited with a new pack :D . So, I do have a few questions too.

1. Are there new career or perhaps hobby to be introduced in this pack?
    2. How about the after school activity for kids/teens, especially those with the magical bloodline?
    3. Can the magical bloodline baby/toddler floats while sleeping?
    4. What makes the magical bloodline unique besides being a spell caster?
    5. Can the learnt magics to be upgraded depending on the level of their specific skill?
    6. Can the curse been inherited by generations or perhaps cursing the household or the lot?
    7. Is there a magic that could control the weather, emotion, and relationship?
    8. Does the magic broom required a skill? I hope it's not only an additional activity for the fitness skill.
    9. Can the familiar be an object/Sims (such as ghosts) too? It would be interesting to use the relics or the Sims ancestor as a familiar. ;)
    10. Can the alchemist makes golds besides than potion only?
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    edited September 2019
    I just want to know what the architectural style of Glimmerbrook will be, how many lots, and what size lots. I hope they show the map Friday so I can get my answers. I want to start planning my builds for my save file.

5 lots, 4 of them are 30x20 and one is 40x40.

Edit....suddenly I'm 2nd guessing myself. For sure 5 lots is correct but now I can't remember if they are 4 30x20 lots or 4 30x40 lots? They said all the lot sizes in the livestream.
  • LaruhellLaruhell Posts: 48 Member
    Like some have already asked, im also curious about if there are any unique interactions between spellcasters/vampires, whether that's dueling or any other social interactions or powers they can use on each other
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 784 Member
    Are there going to be any new lot types/venues?
    Why do you hide inside these walls?