Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Midnight Hollow vs Moonlight Falls: Let's VOTE

2...Next

Comments

• cocococo Posts: 2,723 Member
    I can't vote since I haven't played in Midnight Hollow before. I would be interested in seeing more of its architecture since I've heard so many good things :smile:
  • cwaddellcwaddell Posts: 4,960 Member
    edited August 2019
    Moonlight Falls

As I mentioned above I have been "lightening" the lots in Midnight Hollow.

Here are pictures of some of the few I've done so far:
    Mx7xEKx.jpg
    PW9f6Cq.jpg
    ypQ9Ygi.jpg
    64SaSkV.jpg
    pesDRgP.jpg

Here is a shot of some of them along the street.
    LwKY4QL.jpg

I took 3 and placed them in Moonlight Falls:
    XhDwB6Y.jpg
    JLPpwbd.jpg

8wdwq5Z.jpg
    2dPsWyx.jpg

LKc9GS5.jpg
    5av2Guu.jpg

I replaced the haunted trees and plants with the regular un-haunted versions but I would probably remove some of the trees and/or replace them with trees found in the town I would place them in.
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Midnight Hollow
    coco wrote: »
    I can't vote since I haven't played in Midnight Hollow before. I would be interested in seeing more of its architecture since I've heard so many good things :smile:
    There’s an online resource for all lots in TS3 EA worlds, which contains exterior pix along with additional info (lot name, address, size, description, # of bdrm/baths and household name if occupied; the only info not included that would be useful to have is the lot price.) Here’s the direct link for the MH homes: http://sims3-garden.blogspot.com/2013/10/Midnight-Hollow-Houses.html

Note that while the pages for the other neighborhoods seem to be comprehensive, the MH list is unfortunately incomplete for some reason—the guide is missing at least half of the occupied dwellings, as well as some of the unoccupied ones.

Behind the spoiler, I'm sharing some personal screenshots of several of the MH homes missing from the blog. There are probably about a dozen more houses not included in my pix or on the blog, but hopefully this gives you a better idea of what's there. :smile:

Pix are all completely unedited, although they were taken with a lighting mod installed.

1winchester_zpswiueieop.jpg
    2bledsoeamplau_zpsbuaxatql.jpg
    3stewart_zpswo29bgw3.jpg
    4finley_zpsfoqcn1kr.jpg
    5unoccupied_zpsfxhjxzx4.jpg
    6unoccupied_zpssieyzo9c.jpg
    7sombre_zpsfgjixbkj.jpg
    8vasquez_zps29qxym30.jpg
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I don't even own MH, though I have considered buying it for the houses that other players have said are so good, which I could place in other towns. Aurora skies is too dark for me to play in without getting an eyestrain headache, so I know I definitely could not play in MH.

@IreneSwift - If you Think Aurora Skies is too dark you would hate Midnight Hollow because it's A LOT darker than AS.

Personally I don't think Aurora Skies is too dark though. I'd say the lighting is about the same as Riverview and Sunset Valley.

Here's how Aurora Skies looks in my game around 8.30 AM on a sunny summerday. A rainy afternoon in the fall would of course be darker, but I rarely play any other seasons and weather than summer and sunny.

Ayqzirc.jpg

Kq9YWVu.jpg

WK648V5.jpg

urYGLe6.jpg

• KNORearKNORear Posts: 522 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    I selected Moonlight Falls by default because it is a great town, but I also don’t own Midnight Hollow. I’ve wanted to play it though, even with the mixed reviews about the town ( mostly the lighting )
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    @SuzyCue72 The terrain in AS is dark, and there tends to be a lot of trees blocking the sun, at least on the home lots I've had my sims live in there, so maybe the lighting isn't the actual issue for me. I did try a lighting mod someone suggested for AS, but it didn't make it any better for me. So long as my sims were all indoors, I had no problems, but I never play sims who stay inside all the time.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    I don't even own MH, though I have considered buying it for the houses that other players have said are so good, which I could place in other towns. Aurora skies is too dark for me to play in without getting an eyestrain headache, so I know I definitely could not play in MH.

@IreneSwift - If you Think Aurora Skies is too dark you would hate Midnight Hollow because it's A LOT darker than AS.

Personally I don't think Aurora Skies is too dark though. I'd say the lighting is about the same as Riverview and Sunset Valley.

Here's how Aurora Skies looks in my game around 8.30 AM on a sunny summerday. A rainy afternoon in the fall would of course be darker, but I rarely play any other seasons and weather than summer and sunny.

Ayqzirc.jpg

Kq9YWVu.jpg

WK648V5.jpg

urYGLe6.jpg

This is about how mine is. I don't think this is dark. Midnight Hollow is dark. And sometimes, for whatever strange reason, when I go into it it's even darker than it was the last time I opened it.

• stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    Midnight Hollow

This is about how mine is. I don't think this is dark. Midnight Hollow is dark. And sometimes, for whatever strange reason, when I go into it it's even darker than it was the last time I opened it.
    That issue might be caused by the lighting glitch, which seems to happen randomly from time to time. My understanding is that sometimes the game's lighting files don’t load properly, so the world appears much darker than it should/did previously.

Because it's random, IDK if it happens in MH more than other worlds, but it would definitely be more problematic there. It’s not harmful, but it is annoying regardless of what world it occurs in.

The solution is to exit to the main menu and then reload the save. You may have to do it more than once, but it works.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    I loved playing my sims in Moonlight Falls in Sims 3. I used to have a household that had a beautiful Vampire, a very hairy Werewolf, a pretty Fairy & a handsome Genie. I had the girls fall in love & marry the guys but I don't remember which ones. One of my Witches lived in Twinbrook with her black & white cats.
  • Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    It has to be Moonlight Falls for me, mainly because I love my supes and the world has everything they need. Midnight Hollow has some great build/buy objects but the actual world is far too dark for me to play comfortably. When you have a visual impairment dark screens mean you are constantly straining to make out what is happening. A pity because I like the look of the houses and some of the townies look interesting.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
    Moonlight Falls
    It has to be Moonlight Falls for me, mainly because I love my supes and the world has everything they need. Midnight Hollow has some great build/buy objects but the actual world is far too dark for me to play comfortably. When you have a visual impairment dark screens mean you are constantly straining to make out what is happening. A pity because I like the look of the houses and some of the townies look interesting.

@Bettyboop55 - Can't you save the houses and townies you want to the library, and then move them to other worlds with better lighting conditions? :)
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »

@Bettyboop55 - Can't you save the houses and townies you want to the library, and then move them to other worlds with better lighting conditions? :)

Exactly, that's what I've done. I love the houses and use them in other worlds, including Moonlight Falls. I've also used some of the families elsewhere.

Moonlight Falls
    @SuzyCue72 @nickibitsward what a great idea :) I'm working on a couple of CAW projects at the moment but once I get back into active gaming I will give it a go. Thank you :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.

Sim enim est vita
    Moonlight Falls

@Bettyboop55 - I think Midnight Hollow is way too dark to play in for almost everybody, visual impairment or not, hence the need for various lighting mods. I believe there a few individuals though, who prefers it just the way it is... I think they must have cat eyes...
    Moonlight Falls
    @SuzyCue72 I am only just beginning to get into using mods. I normally play vanilla but I am having to use mods to build my worlds. When I get a chance I might have a go at installing a lighting mod to see if it improves the situation for Midnight Hollow.

Sim enim est vita
  • buffyballoonbuffyballoon Posts: 67 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    Midnight Hollow is so beautiful and pretty, but I have to say Moonlight Falls. Mostly because I've had a lot of good memories from playing there and Midnight Hollow is too dark unless you have a lighting mod.
    sup.

giphy.gif
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    Definitely Moonlight Falls!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I'm not even going to vote because the two worlds have very, very different purposes. I definitely play in Moonlight Falls more because the "realistic" landscape and feel works better for what I want.

BUT I don't like most of the CAS content that came with Supernatural but I like most of what came with Midnight Hollow. It's so over the top, I love it.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    Midnight Hollow
    I actually voted Midnight Hollow because I love how dark it is. I actually bought it because I wanted a creepy dark world for my not so normal saves. :smiley:
    I feel like it's a perfect world for "freaky" Sims or Sims with dark secrets.

Moonlight Falls is also amazing world! I have had so much fun while playing with supernatural Sims in it.
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,988 Member
    Moonlight Falls
    Midnight Hallow is definitely creepier, which is good if you want to play as an evil vampire or werewolf, but its also not as well designed overall in my opinion, also there's a lot more to do in Moonlight Falls, especially if you also have ambitions installed. Midnight Hollow is also hard to see at night in particular.