Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Realm of Magic is coming!

Comments

• coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    I was impressed by most of what I saw in the live stream. The magic system looks really good and spellcasters can do a lot that other sims can't do, including vampires. I really like the way that curses work and am curious what the others will be. The build buy and cloths are also have really stuff. I can see myself using pretty much all of it, which is great, because there is a lot of stuff there.

The only a few things I'm a bit disappointed in are the fetch quest for non magic users and that you can't actually lose anything in a magical duel. I was hoping that a regular sim might need to complete an aspiration to become a magic user then go see a sage. It would have made becoming a spellcaster feel like more of an achievement. With the duels for items, it would have been nice for there to be some risk involved for your sim when there is a reward on offer.

I nice that you can form a magic club. But I guess that it will have to be based in the realm to really work outside the sims you are controlling, which limits what other activities that you could include in it. That's still better than my vampire club where the autonomous won't use vampire powers or drink plasma, despite having a lot of regular sims wandering around their meeting place.

Overall though it looks like one of the best packs so far.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited September 2019
    Arg stinks no one in the two sims discords I'm in are talking about magic... Like at all...
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • kit_kat96kit_kat96 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm extremely excited for realm of magic to be released.

But i'm curious does EA have any plans for bringing a promotion back for the sims 2 ultimate collection for those who missed out or even a resale would be nice as I've notice there's a lot of people who are interested in getting it. It would be completely amazing to distribute the collection out to those who missed it and want to be nostalgic.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    I just saw the Charm family, and woof are those sims ugly. When their bio said the produced generations of spellcasters, did they produce them with each other?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,336 Member
    kit_kat96 wrote: »
    I'm extremely excited for realm of magic to be released.

But i'm curious does EA have any plans for bringing a promotion back for the sims 2 ultimate collection for those who missed out or even a resale would be nice as I've notice there's a lot of people who are interested in getting it. It would be completely amazing to distribute the collection out to those who missed it and want to be nostalgic.

Me too! I really want the phoenix, but also it will be nice to have the two new worlds.
    Is anyone going to talk about spells and perks..? No?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • IrishDashhunIrishDashhun Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2019
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Is anyone going to talk about spells and perks..? No?

No :neutral: . :D Sorry I had to.
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    1 whole day feels like a week!
  • IrishDashhunIrishDashhun Posts: 60 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    1 whole day feels like a week!

I know right, I’m so excited for it though!
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
    What would be the point of this?

"Potion of Magical Aura
    Spellcaster Rank: Apprentice
    Ingredients: Emerald, Goldfish
    Description: A potion that will display a Sim’s magical aura."
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

"Potion of Magical Aura

Reveal a Spellcaster to the non-magical world?
    @darrenfroggy that sounds like a horrible idea given muggles hate you for magic
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @darrenfroggy that sounds like a horrible idea given muggles hate you for magic

Unless the goal is to be disliked lol
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @bshag4lv .

I gave you an awesome for your signature. I have had this happen to me (who hasn't), and all I can say is that I am glad I can laugh at myself.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @sixdeadqueens .
    I am also loving me some stain glass windows.
    Being a Caster makes archeology easier! Whoo I can now buy any gems I want stead of never being able to find any for my relics...
  • jasy80jasy80 Posts: 19 New Member
    When will this hit ps4?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,814 Member
    jasy80 wrote: »
    When will this hit ps4?

October 15.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Pinmat135 wrote: »

I can't even imagine what my reaction would have been had I been playing TS3 when Supernatural came out...

Eh it wasn't that fun and zombie apocalypse once a week that destroys all your plants unless you downloaded peashooters is just annoying as heck...

That was the most annoying part of Supernatural for Sims 3 I hated when full moon came around but luckily I could turn it off.

Full moon was the best part of it. I usually took my sim to the consignment shop and used the machine to turn out crystals. The zombies did nothing. And if you fenced off your garden it was safe.

Zombies did nothing but spawn and yawn. They were no threat.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

"Potion of Magical Aura

Sounds like the whim trait of instantly knowing a sim. Or knowing them better.
  • ForksnokenForksnoken Posts: 5 New Member
    Anyone know if there is an official release time (with timezone)
  • MissSisaMissSisa Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Forksnoken said:
    > Anyone know if there is an official release time (with timezone)

Available and listed on the Origin store at around 9:30AM PT / 18:30 CET / 17:30 BT
  • ForksnokenForksnoken Posts: 5 New Member
    Yay perfect!
  • pookysimsloverpookysimslover Posts: 339 Member
    Forksnoken wrote: »

Yeah I would like to know that too, its 2:15 am in Michigan where I am, and it is still not available to buy on Origin, doesn't make sense to me, because with Island Living it was available at 12:am the moment it hit the date, so why not do the same with this?
    To follow me or check out my creations my name is claramj and my avatar is Nikki Cat, she's in my gallery!
    Forksnoken wrote: »

Yeah I would like to know that too, its 2:15 am in Michigan where I am, and it is still not available to buy on Origin, doesn't make sense to me, because with Island Living it was available at 12:am the moment it hit the date, so why not do the same with this?

1pm our time

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top