March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Doorbells

2...Next

Comments

• lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    MythicMiss wrote: »
    If they release a Showtime-like XP, there'll be paparazzi ringing the doorbell day and night.<br />
    <br />
    If that becomes the case, I'd like it if we had the option to click the door from the inside and get two options:<br />
    <br />
    -Buzz Them In<br />
    -Release the Hounds!<br />
    <br />
    ...and then a pack of attack dogs chase them off the lot. Maybe trotting back with a pair of pants in their jaws. I'd buy a Pets XP just for that...

"Release the hounds.." Haha love that!
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • Jerrid_120Jerrid_120 Posts: 41 Member
    If doorbells are going to be added, please make it an option to buy. Everytime I sim walked up in the middle of the night and rang my doorbell it woke my sim when he needed to get a good night sleep for work. I then encased that sim in a death chamber.......too harsh? XD But really we need to have the option to add a doorbell that way simmers that want the doorbell will be happy but at the same time a simmer who wants peace and quiet will also be satisfied.
  • lessthanzero1013lessthanzero1013 Posts: 464 Member
    Jerrid_120 wrote: »
    If doorbells are going to be added, please make it an option to buy. Everytime I sim walked up in the middle of the night and rang my doorbell it woke my sim when he needed to get a good night sleep for work. I then encased that sim in a death chamber.......too harsh? XD But really we need to have the option to add a doorbell that way simmers that want the doorbell will be happy but at the same time a simmer who wants peace and quiet will also be satisfied.

A death chamber in Sims too harsh??? ..Never haha! :D I agree, it should be a build/buy option. I always hated those silly paparazzi's that would come off of duty and ring your doorbell at 2am. They were the only ones to ever wake up my Sims.
    Feel free to add me on Origin: lessthanzero1013
    00d43057-3a6e-4d56-8f19-6ae0d13c18ba_zps7c6fa94e.jpg
  • 212751969212751969 Posts: 35 Member
    @MysticMiss got to say I rather enjoy the idea of being able to release the hounds on sims that do that, could be quite fun to watch.
    Origin ID Skotao55
  • Fullman_KatzFullman_Katz Posts: 79 Member
    Doorbells??!! I'm glad there isn't one. I 'd have to listen to that every in-game hour.
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Yeah, my hearing isn't very good, so the knocking sound doesn't register in my hearing range if I'm not actually seeing the sim knock. I only by chance can have my sims have company b/c I just don't see the visitors all the time. Most of the time I catch them when they are leaving. I hope at some point they either add doorbells back into the game, or use the little window that ts2 had that showed you when someone was trying to visit your sim. Otherwise, it's going to be a lonely place for my sims to live, lol.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • tropeziatropezia Posts: 5 New Member
    EA please I want doorbells :(
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    The savage - and I mean savage - thing about this is a knock on the door and a doorbell are the same thing.

Both are sound files.

Harsh, but true - in fact, totally savage.

There are no reasons why we can't have a stinking doorbell.
  • SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    runesong wrote: »
    Turn the front door back/front... Neighbors are walking in because the outside of the door is on the inside.

I was wondering how long it would take before someone figured it out . Lol :p
  • RolandasR1RolandasR1 Posts: 11 New Member
    Still no door bells? Why should it be with sound, when it can be with some light flashing like for blind persons? And they are NOT for the sims but FOR the PLAYER, to send a sim to invite friends! As someone suggested, it could be a simple message in the notifications.
  • wiseiamwiseiam Posts: 1 New Member
    if you have cc/mods, try this:

http://modthesims.info/d/630442/visitor-notifications.html

it's pretty awesome...
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I wish it would at least prompt my SIM to know someone's at door and allow me to pick to ignore or answer like in 3
  • Vermatrix1Vermatrix1 Posts: 35 Member
    If they were to add a doorbell it needs pranks, a prank to make the doorbell shock a sim or a thumbtack on the button prank