Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Spooktacular Gift Exchange- Gifting is Open!

cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
edited October 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi! :D For anyone returning Welcome Back :D

For those of you who are new this is an event that I use to participate in during my sims 3 days and I decided to bring it to the sims 4. It's Basically a secret Santa, I’ll give you a name (only you and I should know it) and you shouldn’t tell anyone else your name.

This is for Sims 4 only and is CC free (well should be since CC doesn’t transfer in sims 4)

We will use the pm system to communicate when it concerns questions about your buddy gifts. However, you can post some sneak peeks if you’d like or if you’re having a major issue that you need help finding a solution to you can ask for help on the main thread.

Rules:
1. Please don’t sign up if you can’t follow through
2. You can make as many gifts as you want
3. When gifting starts please make a separate thread if you have a lot of photos and post in main thread to let host know when you add a gift (makes it easier to organize the gift section).
4. Everyone should get a gift so please let me know ASAP if anything comes up that may keep you from working on this so arrangements can be made so we can make sure your buddy gets something.
Ex of this would be…you sign up and halfway through a major life event happens (you don’t have to give details just say something important in IRL came up) totally unexpected. So I’ll thank you for the heads up and figure something out so your buddy gets something. (If you have something started but not finished we could also work with that)
5. Have Fun!
Post edited by cmbaker16 on

Comments

• cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sign-ups: Mon. Sept. 9th - Fri. Sept. 20th

Sign-ups close at 6pm EST on Fri. Sept. 20th

Buddy names: Everyone should have a buddy name by Sat. Sept, 21st @6pm EST, names will be sent via pm

Check-in One: Sat. Sept. 21st
    This is just to let me know you got your buddy name, if you did not get one please let me know.

Check-in Two: Sat. Oct. 5th
    This is a general check-in just to let me know how you are getting along. If you foresee any issues or complications that might keep you from working on gifts this is when to tell me. General questions can be asked in thread but buddy specific ones should be pm’d to me.

Check-in Three: Sat. Oct. 19th
    Your gift should be done or just needing a couple of touch-ups or screen shots taken.

Warning: If you miss a check-in and don’t let me know beforehand, or don’t get a hold of me the day after so I know what is going on you may not be allowed to participate in the next exchange if there is another.

Gifting will begin Sat. Oct. 26th - Sat. Nov. 2nd
    edited September 2019
    Buddy Letter: This is just to give your buddy a bit of information about yourself and game-play style, it’s like a guide line for your buddy.

Username/Gallery Name:

I have the following Packs:

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods:

Some of my favorite colors are:

I dislike these colors:

I love to use this particular item/object (this is where you could mention any skill items you love to use or ones you’ve not gotten around to use because you’ve no where to put them):

I enjoy this style of build most:

I prefer playing on this size lot (this is where you can mention if you like homes on this size lot but like commercial lots on this size):

I do/don’t want Berry sims (granted sims 4 only has Green, blue, and red but this is where you can mention if you want a sim with red skin or not):

I would/wouldn’t like Supernaturals:

Would you like your sims to have a few skill points? If so, which skills?

Do you like playing with families? Or prefer to play with a single sim or couple and grow the family yourself?

Other(Here describe anything you’d really like that wasn’t covered above):
    edited September 2019
    edited October 2019
    Gifts:

To: ADWilson

To: Airis6962

To: friendsfan

To: Gwiniel

To: illusie
    Part 2
    Part 3

Airis6962

To: Mystik

To: nerdfashion

To: Skymyst

To: Taoron
    Just tagging some of you who participated in previous ones and those who considered participating...

@ADWilson @AIRIS6962 @Charliimai @FaithofKaela @friendsfan367 @illusie @MsPrissy88 @Rostri-Jodu @withlovejulien @aabroady
    @reanseih @LadyEmillye
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,816 Member
    How fun! I'd like to sign up :) Thanks for tagging me
    edited September 2019
    Buddy Letter:

Username/Gallery Name:
    illusie

almost all, except Island Living, Realm of Magic and Moschino stuff pack

I love all worlds, so if you want to build something feel free to create something for the town you love most.

blue, green, bright colours, pastel colours

I dislike these colors:
    dark colours, pink and orange (can be used as long as it is not the main colour)

I love to use this particular item/object:
    since the release of seasons I like the umbrella rack :smiley: but I can always put it in myself :wink:

- I like both Community lots and residential lots
    - I love all styles

I prefer playing on this size lot:
    no preferences

I do/don’t want Berry sims :
    I don't want Berry sims, I prefer realistic sims

I would/wouldn’t like Sepernaturals:
    I say no to aliens and vampires (also to mermaids and witches since I don't own those games)

I have no preferences, it's up to you.

Do you like playing with families? Or prefer to play with a single sim or couple and grow the family yourself?
    I love both single sims and families. I also love pets for my sims.

Other:
    Surprise me! I'll love anything you create for me <3

I was thinking about things I'd like for my game (in no particular order):
    - families / single sims
    - pets
    - houses (for families, friends or single sims)
    - (fancy) restaurant
    - playground for kids and toddlers
    - park for pets
    - community garden
    - wedding venue
    - community lots where my sims can go on dates
    - Magnolia Promenade is standing empty at the moment in my game. If you like making community lots, maybe you can help me fill it? Maybe a restaurant, spa, store, bowling alley or roller skater venue or something else that is fun.
    Post edited by illusie on
  • AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Thanks for tagging me, dear! <3
    I´m going to think it and I will give an answer in this week.
    You should join, @AIRIS6962. You know you want to!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited September 2019
    Username/Gallery Name:
    nerdfashion

City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Vampires, Bowling Night Stuff, and Laundry Day Stuff.

San Myshuno, Oasis Springs, Brindleton Bay

Blue, yellow, green, darker shades of purple. Black and white is the best color scheme though if you ask me!

I dislike these colors:
    brown, orange, and all light shades of purple.

I love to use this particular item/object (this is where you could mention any skill items you love to use or ones you’ve not gotten around to use because you’ve nowhere to put them):
    I don't really build much, but I would love some items from City Living that are crazy and fun.

Modern, but I also really love traditional homes.

I prefer playing on this size lot (this is where you can mention if you like homes on this size lot but like commercial lots on this size):
    Homes on 30x30 and lower, I don't care for community lots.

I do/don’t want Berry sims (granted sims 4 only has Green, blue, and red but this is where you can mention if you want a sim with red skin or not):
    No, I'll save that for the day I have Get to Work.

I would/wouldn’t like Aliens or Vampires:
    No aliens, but Vampires and Mermaids are fine.

No skill points- I prefer to do things myself.

Single sims then grow the family myself.

Please, if you know how to build, do that. I love making sims almost more than I love playing the actual game, but I just cannot build a house!
    Post edited by nerdfashion on
    funny-gifs20.gif

• AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member
    illusie wrote: »
    You should join, @AIRIS6962. You know you want to!

I want? Sure! :smiley: LOL
    But I have to see if I could do it!
    @nerdfashion there won't be any exchanging of packs it's just a sim/build exchange so you are good :D
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited September 2019
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @nerdfashion there won't be any exchanging of packs it's just a sim/build exchange so you are good :D

Okay, good, I've never done this before :D Gonna go edit my Buddy Letter real quick.
    funny-gifs20.gif

I was lazy and copied my letter from last time :D
    @illusie that's okay I copied and pasted alot of the info think only thing that i changed were the dates lol and the letters can be hard to think of what to put so i see copy and paste as a way to guide you, perhaps some updates but yea. :D
  • GwinielGwiniel Posts: 996 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sign me up :)

Buddy Letter:

Username/Gallery Name:
    Gwiniel

EDIT: All except my first pet stuff. (I have ROM also) <3<3<3

I have actually played so little that I don't have a favorite... but I love building in Newcrest and Brindleton Bay.

Blue, purple, strong red and dark wood but you can use any color fit for the gift.

I dislike these colors:
    None.

I love to use this particular item/object:
    Romantic Garden stuff pack items <3

Victorian, Tudor and Cottage either residential or commercial: doesn't matter.

I prefer playing on this size lot:
    No preferences.

I do/don’t want Berry sims:
    Doesn't matter as long as they aren't goofy/silly/manga/cartoon sims.

EDIT: I'm fine with all occult sims (alien/vampire/mermaid AND witches/sorcerers)

Rather not.

Any is fine as are realistic pets (meaning that I don't want the pet to be a painting - while such pets are skillfully done and beautiful, I'd much rather have a normal looking pet).

Other:
    Note to @cmbaker16: I can do small lot builds from 15x15 to a max of 20x30/30x20 due health. I can make households but would prefer not to make pets in them.
    Post edited by Gwiniel on
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member

I don't realy play all that much, if at all, but would like to be able to build something for someone who doesn't build, themselves.

Username/Gallery Name: Taoron/Taoron24121

I have the following Packs: Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Vampires, Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night, Movie Hangout

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods: I don't really play all that much at all. I just like to build.

Some of my favorite colors are: Any

I dislike these colors: None

I love to use this particular item/object (this is where you could mention any skill items you love to use or ones you’ve not gotten around to use because you’ve no where to put them):

I enjoy this style of build most: Any

I prefer playing on this size lot (this is where you can mention if you like homes on this size lot but like commercial lots on this size):Any

I do/don’t want Berry sims (granted sims 4 only has Green, blue, and red but this is where you can mention if you want a sim with red skin or not): I don't really play all that much at all. I just like to build.

* The ones I left blank, I think I covered with the couple of times I mentioned that I just build. I didn't want to sound repetative. LOL

everyone who's posted a buddy letter so far is listed under buddies :)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    can i join i have like 0 skills.
    @friendsfan367 you can join it's for fun, just make sure you have the time
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    cmbaker16 wrote: »
    @friendsfan367 you can join it's for fun, just make sure you have the time

well my niece and brother are having a birthday party but this year its combined cause my brother is turning one of the bigger ages. remind me to tease him . he told my niece how old auntie is :) other than that day i'm free. i only work about 4 hour total on weekends .2 per day
  • ADWilsonADWilson Posts: 6,755 Member
    Let a few friends know :)
    Had fun doing this before so will take a look at the calendar and see how timing works before submitting my letter.
    @ADWilson I hope the timing works for you and we see a letter from you :D
  • Mystik1978Mystik1978 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Username/Gallery Name: Mystik1978

I have the following Packs: All of them

I prefer to play in these Neighborhoods: All of them but I love the graphics in the Island Living World.

Some of my favorite colors are: Purples and Blues

I dislike these colors: Not a big fan of Orange but I don't really hate any color

I love to use this particular item/object (this is where you could mention any skill items you love to use or ones you’ve not gotten around to use because you’ve no where to put them): I love the creative ones like painting, writing stores and such but I would love to spend more time trying out gardening.

I enjoy this style of build most: I am more of a traditional type lover - for example I love old victorians and big farm houses and not too much into the more modern day styles like black and white.

I prefer playing on this size lot (this is where you can mention if you like homes on this size lot but like commercial lots on this size): Any size is good for me.

I do/don’t want Berry sims (granted sims 4 only has Green, blue, and red but this is where you can mention if you want a sim with red skin or not): I normally make myself Sims on the more normal side but maybe with a wild color hair .... but I don't mind different colors sims. Matter of fact it might even be a interesting change. So make whatever you will have the most fun doing.

I would/wouldn’t like Aliens or Vampires: I have never actually played with the Aliens and only dabbled in Vampires but again I am out if you want to make me something like this. In Sims 3 I was a huge occult lover and I still am!

Would you like your sims to have a few skill points? If so, which skills? Always nice when they know how to cook enough to keep from burning down the house. But, again play what you like I will enjoy them either way.

Do you like playing with families? Or prefer to play with a single sim or couple and grow the family yourself? I often start with one or two Sims and grow the family. Although it might be interesting to try to start with a full family already again whatever works best for you.

Other(Here describe anything you’d really like that wasn’t covered above): I am a huge role-player/story teller so I love Sims that have some kind of Bio or Back Story I can play off of. I am not the best as building and I would love a nice "witchy style house" for playing in Realms of Magic which I just got! Regardless what you choice to make have fun and enjoy yourself I don't want you to make me something because you feel you have to and it feels more like a job to you because you are not feeling the Sim or build.
    yay @Mystik1978 I'll add you tot he buddy list this Saturday :D thanks for joining :D