Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guess the theme of EP08 (Nov./Dec. ?) !

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    University
    If I had to guess the year ahead (through the end of 2020), my money is on:

1) a University EP in November 2019 = big holiday sales
    2) a farming/rural life GP in February 2020
    3) another EP in June: could be any one of travel/adventure themed, hobbies-based, or any of various things I've seen people request on the forums, or something totally new. But definitely an EP in June.
    4) *possibly* another corporate or celebrity themed stuff pack in the summer. My guess is the focus would be on objects rather than CAS.
    5) Another fall supernatural pack, most likely focused on Werewolves.
    6) *Possibly* one more EP in late 2020.

I could imagine some variation in timing and scale, but I would be willing to bet that the next 16 months will hit most of those notes.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited August 2019
    University
    Plus, something as farming would require massive world because you just can't build a farm on a small lot (so a lot of at least a bunch 50x50 lots would be necessary, and several 64x64 - some pre-built, some free) - which means the landscaping of the subzones would be equally larger.

Sure you can. In TS3, I had several farms that were more like 30x40 or 40x40, and quite frankly, I enjoyed playing them much more than I did the larger farms I created.

You have to use your space efficiently, but at the end of the day, it takes so so many sim hours to tend plants, and if you add in bees, chickens, and a cow or two, you start running out of time in the day to take care of everything properly, even with a large household*. Bear in mind, on most real family farms, people aren't living in monstrously gigantic mansions. You have a modest sized farmhouse, a barn and one or two small outbuildings, and then your agricultural area. A 50x50 could still be somewhat manageable, but at 64x64, you're getting to kind of a ridiculous point where it becomes a lot less fun to play. Mind you, if you're just a builder, I can see the appeal, but for actual farming gameplay, it's not ideal.

My ideal farming world would be something like 15 lots (I know, dream on, right?): a handful of 15x20 and 20x20 for poor starter homes; maybe one 64x64 just for options, a couple of 50x50, a couple of 30x20 for venues, and the rest would be 30x40 or 40x40.

*And that's before you even get to activities like canning, baking, sewing, hanging laundry out, etc.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    University
    I have no desire for University at all. However I can absolutely see that a huge number of other people are really keen on it. If it did come I would want it to be open to everyone from YA up to elder and include more educational options and activities for younger Sims too. I would also want the dual option of either living in halls or living at home. I would love it to add interactive sports to the game too, I would love to see the Sims actually play with or against each other and react to each other.

To me, a pack has to either give me something I have been desperate for in the game, like a new lifestate that is really well-fleshed out, or lots for my Sims to do and that really impacts the game. Seasons does this, Parenthood does this. GT is fantastic because of Windenburgh, I don't see us ever getting another world as good (I would be more than happy to be wrong) and the pack is worth it - to me - for the place alone.
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    University
    i haven't aged my teens because i'm hoping University is next. I think Free time can be game pack
  • orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    University
    Ivyeyed wrote: »
    Hoping it's a general education pack and not just Uni, but regardless I would be shocked if University isn't what's next considering how long it's been requested.

ideally yes! i would love boarding schools, home schooling, university, community college, trade schools, and the opportunity to be an educator (what I do in real life)
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    University
    It’s probably going to be university.

I hope we at least get a college prep aspiration for teens and maybe private schools for kids and teens.
  • HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    University
    I really need this expansion! I don't care about other packs until I get this one.
    HSau :)
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2019
    Free Time
    I guess the community keeps on thinking University is next until it's released, even if it's like 2 years away from today.

I mean, yes, University is a big request, but that doesn't mean it's always the next pack.

Personally I couldn't care less about University because I think it's a boring grind and I think in the past getting a diploma didn't even really had a lot of value in game.

I hope it's something like Generations/Free Time.

But in the end: It comes when it comes.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    University
    After Island Living I feel that I wouldn't want an another expansion where its major feature is locked in one world. But it seems uni was next
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    University
    We need at least 3 EPs/year and less SPs. Maybe 1 SP/year, and 2 GPs/year.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • YBNS2468YBNS2468 Posts: 240 Member
    University
    This is the first time I think University fans will get what they want...

And after that...can we just get something completely new and unique to the sims 4?
  • lsprad72lsprad72 Posts: 5 New Member
    So with this new pack coming September 10th it is not University. I so wanted University. Ugh!!!!!!!! I play my sims in real world situations. No vampires, Aliens (that we know of), witches, mermaids. I want my sims to go to college. It is getting boring to me. While I am glad for the Simmers that do enjoy playing with things like that. I wished they would come out with alternating packs to satisfy fans that play like real life and then one for people who like to play with a non real world.
    Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of the Twilight movies. I just know Vampires aren't real. I want my Sims to be similar to real life not a fantasy life.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Farming
    Farming with farm animals. It would be neat if they brought out some medieval stuff with it. Also things like a butter churn, a canning station a sewing machine, and a rocking chair.
  • GorgeoiousGorgeoious Posts: 118 Member
    I think university or farming since that's what people seem to want most.
  • AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    Something else
    The only guess I can field that I feel relatively confident in is: Not University. (I know, I know -- my inner cynic is taking over. FWIW, I hope I'm wrong. But . . . time will tell.)
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    University
    Considering the simlish rap leaked this week, I'd say it's University or Showtime. I'd be up for all of the options though.
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited September 2019
    Farming
    found this on facebook and it's probably a university hint i guess. still voting for farming tho.

====================================================================================

This song is from an album called 'Groovy Land'... groovy is often associated with retro or 60's themed styles. College students are often associated with this theme as well (remember Sims 2).

University is more than likely to be the next expansion pack... if it's not, I would honestly be very surprised.

====================================================================================
    y'all got bread?
  • aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    University
    HCSau wrote: »
    I really need this expansion! I don't care about other packs until I get this one.

Same!
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• xsukinahxxsukinahx Posts: 6 New Member
    University
    I would be so ecstatic if it was University! :D
  • DaphneyyyDaphneyyy Posts: 70 Member
    University
    Hoping it's University or farming, although it probably wouldn't be farming yet, especially not in December.
    OldfashionedDearKestrel-max-1mb.gif
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    University
    We will most likely not be getting another pack until February
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Doesn’t anyone remember the “Theam madness” in spring? It probably doesn’t mean anything, but ‘Students’ won. So maybe uni is coming.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • VieraRedMageVieraRedMage Posts: 42 Member
    University
    While I would prefer a farming EP, I think University is the *most likely* choice to release in time for Black Friday and all the holiday shoppers. If it's ready to go, I can't see any economic reason to delay the cash cow until after the holidays...

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for making Hogwarts but I'm old, I've hit the 27-54 demographic and I'm just tired of school lol.

• PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    University
    Marnetti wrote: »
    Doesn’t anyone remember the “Theam madness” in spring? It probably doesn’t mean anything, but ‘Students’ won. So maybe uni is coming.

That was just for fun. If university is the next pack, it won't be because of the March Madness due to how long it takes them to make packs.
  • AmavariAmavari Posts: 167 Member
    edited September 2019
    Farming
    I know university is very likely coming soon unless they plan for it to be huge but honestly if anything comes out in November it would make sense for it to be based off of harvesting, so farming or something druid related.

Especially if the recent coding find about horses and the slip up about the equestrian outfit in the realm of magic stream is anything to go by.

You aren't likely to get many answers outside of "University!!!" On any polls for awhile since people are screaming for it and making everything a "popularity" poll regardless of the subject

But that's my hunch based on what would make sense, university seems like more of a beginning of the year thing.

So I'm going to guess farming/druid/off the grid themed stuff for the remainder of the year to get all the occult stuff people have asked for for literally years out of the way and then next year they will start big with university and things like that.

But then I'm biased and hoping for that at while also expecting that they are going to put a significant amount of work into the more "normal" themed packs they hand out. *shrugs*