Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats your favorite skill to build?

I love the handiness skill. No matter what sim or storyline I want, I always end up gaining the handiness skill to upgrade my items. I buy items just to upgrade them. And i liked going to other lots just to uprgrade them! I dont know why - i dont have this kind of skill in real life or an interest in it. But for some reason its super satisfying in TS4
The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Comments

• JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    For me it’s cooking/gourmet/baking! I just love those skills. Also gardening.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    All my sims do the handiness, but that's because i am a diy'er irl too. If I have to do it so do they!

I like gardening in the game, and sometimes painting and guitar.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Acting. Sometimes I like going to work my sims and watch them act out scenes and see if they will get nominated for an award. Plus you can practice and act out scenes with sims to build up the skill and not just the mirror, so it makes it even more fun.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I really love the singing skill. It's fun to hear them sing better and better as time goes on. Hearing the new songs they unlock is fun too, the 'Theater Drama' songs are everything.

It may be because I wish I could become a good singer myself, but alas I am not. Doesnt stop me from doing it anyway though!
  • thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    Painting, I love watching sims pain
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Cooking. I just think it's the most fun to watch.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    This is a tough one! I think I'm going with handiness, though. As much as I love a Sim who can sing and cook and jog places instead of walking, I think I like them fixing their own showers more, and I always have them dig through piles of trash... er... scavenge for parts! Isn't it strange that if your Sim is cleaning out the toddler potty and drops the mess on the floor, there's a chance of finding an upgrade part in the mess? What have those kids been doing with the Wabbit Tablet?
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Painting and Writing are my favorites, don't know why though.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Cooking (I somehow max it out on every Sim), gardening and gaming. I try for handiness too, I have a few sims who are expert level.
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Cooking makes all meals really entertaining to watch. I love the early stages of painting, too!
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    Painting, limitless decor for all households.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I lump Cooking and Handiness under "utility" skills that I commit to having a Sim level for usefulness, but I don't find them entertaining per se.

Of skills to level just for the fun of levelling it, probably the one I am enjoying most is Wellness. Yes, it has a fitness utility, especially with Elders for whom more strenuous workouts can be fatal. But mostly I just enjoy watching my Sims do yoga - clumsily at first, and then with greater poise.

lmyjTCt.png

The various emotion, massage and incense buffs are nice, too, but the actual experience of having my Sims practice is its own draw.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Gardening and cooking.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Fitness, cooking and gardening
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Cooking, gardening and painting.
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    edited September 2019
    Probably cooking, herbalism or any of the music-related skills.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Cooking and handy. My working class Sims upgrade their appliances. My Sims who are rich hires random Sims to grade everything that can be upgraded with a mod by Little Ms Sam. It costs a lot to have someone upgrade all that stuff but I can get everything done in less than a Sim.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Probably piano and singing. I wish I was as creative as my sims. I quite enjoy wellness too. I find it relaxing watching my sims relax. I also like watching them dance and skate.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Wellness skill as I love sending them to spas to relax although I find the most practical one which for all my sims is cooking.
  • CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Any instrument + singing.
    I love hearing them sing and play. I hope we get more songs.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 997 Member
    Writing, painting, instruments.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Cooking, followed closely by gardening.
  • prettyscion06prettyscion06 Posts: 6 New Member
    I really like handiness as well. It looks like I’m not the only one! I always start with the lesser quality items so they break & I can easily build it up. It’s super satisfying to me. I should branch out a bit haha :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    My favorate skills for my sims are:
    1. Cooking
    2. Handiness
    3. Gardening
    4. Herbalism
    5. Dancing
    6. Writing
    7. Baking
    8. Mischief
    9. Charisma
    10. Fishing
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    edited September 2019
    1.Piano
    2.Singing
    3. Logic

I just love watching my sims play piano, sing and play chess and card games

anything that fits old world play really

though i do feel that the songs for singing skill are extremely limited without karaoke machine and i hate that machine for being big and way too modern for my sims house

and similarily wish there was more card games and that it would not be tied to table

and i think id love handiness if there was more objects to make with woodworking table and ornate ones if my sims master the skill but : ( its bit sad

+dancing feels regretful since there is no couple dance
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free