Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thoughts on the new way the cheats bar comes up???

13...Next

Comments

• simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Old cheat bar
    It's really annoying if you want to disable a cheat for a few moments then re-enable it, because you have to type the whole thing in again instead of paging up.
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    [quote="lzbthnndgls;c-17207558"][quote="CaprianaB;c-17206537"]All I want to do is change my former NPC's mean trait to something more positive so he doesn't keep insulting his new wife. Hope whatever this glitch is gets fixed soon. [/quote]

Oh, ok, just saw this. Then "testingcheats true" and "cas.fulleditmode" then shift+click your sim and choose "Modify in CAS" Then you should be able to remove the mean trait and put in a different trait you like.[/quote]

Yep, that's what I've tried doing, vbut over the past week or so, I'm unable to click on the sin I want to change. It worked fine before that. I must have some sort of glitch. Repairing and updating the game didn't work and neither did shutting down my computer and making sure no other programs were running.
  • MarjiaMarjia Posts: 363 Member
    Old cheat bar
    Seems like a waste of time to change the cheat bar when so many other things need attention. We'll just probably get used to it. I always react badly toward change, which is something I'm working on. It's not always a bad idea. I'm ocd builder though, so yeh, don't move things around in my fridge at home either.
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    Old cheat bar
    @CaprianaB Have you tried clearing out your Tray folder, your Cache folder, and deleting your localthumbcache file?

If you have done all that and you're still having the issue, I would just start a new save. You can save your families to the library and put them in a new game with the same skills and interfamily relaitonships and jobs, but all friendships will be gone. I've had to do that once. Took me a few hours to save everything to my library and then place them into a new save and rebuild their houses too. Once I did that, eveyrthing worked fine.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't care. I didn't even know it changed until someone talked about it ;) .
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    @CaprianaB Have you tried clearing out your Tray folder, your Cache folder, and deleting your localthumbcache file?

If you have done all that and you're still having the issue, I would just start a new save. You can save your families to the library and put them in a new game with the same skills and interfamily relaitonships and jobs, but all friendships will be gone. I've had to do that once. Took me a few hours to save everything to my library and then place them into a new save and rebuild their houses too. Once I did that, eveyrthing worked fine.

I did check the cache folder; nothing was there. Not sure about the tray folder. I'm out of town now so will have to wait until I'm back. I did stay a new save with different Sims but can't remember if I tried using the cheat bar.
  • SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    Old cheat bar
    I haven’t used cheats yet since the update but that sounds really annoying :o
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Old cheat bar
    If it ain't broke, please don't fix it EA.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
    edited September 2019
    Update, cache folder still empty. I moved the files from the tray folder to my desktop, and my current save and other saves have the same issue.
    My cheat bar problems are over! I think the patch corrected it. Hope it also resolved for everyone else with issues.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    My cheat bar problems are over! I think the patch corrected it. Hope it also resolved for everyone else with issues.

It's listed as fixed in the patch notes, so hopefully, it'll work as before again.
  • lzbthnndglslzbthnndgls Posts: 285 Member
    Old cheat bar
    (I am OP) So idk how to close this thread, but this issue was addressed with the recent patch. I am so very grateful to EA for fixing this issue. It bugged me so very much.
    Check out my builds on the gallery by searching my username: lzbthnndgls
  • paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Old cheat bar
    (I am OP) So idk how to close this thread, but this issue was addressed with the recent patch. I am so very grateful to EA for fixing this issue. It bugged me so very much.

Just message a current EA forum mod.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Old cheat bar
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    . And I can no longer copy and paste in and out of the cheats bar. It makes cheats take longer and I think that's ridiculous. .

I just use control C & V. Just as quick as copy and paste.
    Only didn't vote because it makes no difference to me when I do use it.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    New cheat bar
    I play, most often, in speed two, so I was glad to see the pause happen because now my sims don't go do dumb stuff like set the kitchen on fire while I'm typing!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I never seen my game go dark but it had gone all white before for some reason (nothing to do with cheats even from what I can remember as I don't use them all that much) and had two crashes recently. Once when trying to add a sim to move in and once when adding which sim I wanted to travel and an issue with photography forced me to shut down the game with task manager. These issues just started happening with the past two patches.

The only cheats I use is the basic ones and nothing really happened with the computer when I add them. Maybe it depends on the cheats used or something? Or to do with a mod? A lot of people seem to have that MCCC mod.

Can't vote as it all seems the same to me.
    I don't have any cc or mods, yet I had the issue with the cheat bar. I'm just happy it works again.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Old cheat bar
    It works better.