The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holy Horses Batman! There's More In the Code!

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Some codes been in the game for awhile and somethings were planned for later but have to keep quiet about until announced or maybe they were meant to be in the game but couldn't finish it. There were codes for toddlers before they were patched which is why I never doubted them being included.

I think horses are meant to be separate as they would a big area for them and all that. So probably for a farming pack (not my first choice personally) or maybe an equestrian one.

Anyways, the real question is how long has the code been in the game; but doesn't mean that would the next pack. Magic been hinted for quite awhile now but still got other packs first, so people shouldn't get their hopes too high as we still might not be getting horses for awhile still.

exactly, i know that a lot of people jumped to farming expansion but that doesn't mean its next!

i still think university is on its way first. considering the hints in the new sims, the re-packaging aimed for a new demographic, the rapper who recorded his song in simlish. i think its uni.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited September 2019
    I wouldn’t mind if we had a university pack first, then a farming expansion pack in the Spring or Summer (a full one) which might include new livestock like chickens, cows, llamas, sheep etc and new harvestables like eggs, milk, cheese, butter, wool etc as well as new crops (corn, berries, peaches, apricots, plums, olives, etc) leading to saleable products and new activities or skills like jam and cheese making, wool gathering and knitting (which could even be a bit competitive).

After that it would be nice we could get a game pack exploring horses in much more depth. If they are thrown in with a number of other animals I fear they wouldn’t get the full treatment they deserve. In a GP we could have horses for riding everywhere, equestrian jumping and competitions, maybe even horse racing. It would also be nice if kids could begin learning to ride on ponies in this pack and if they added a few new touches like the ability to ride in a carriage (for romantic carriage drives) etc. I just hope we get very well developed horses and a complete range of horse-related activities.
  • bloodydarkanglbloodydarkangl Posts: 74 Member
    I'm not a University stan so this is exciting to me! I wonder why the scrapped horses from Cats and Dogs? Maybe this time they'll be featured in a farming pack.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    With the animal testing they've done by having chickens and stuff in other packs I think that Farming is either coming late this year or early next year--especially with this horse stuff and the stream slip-up of sorts.

I personally cannot wait for horses and the idea of rural life/farming, so I want that over Uni. Of course, it might also be because the past 10 years I've been in college and post-grad so I'm ready for a change. :wink:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,863 Member
    In a GP we could have horses for riding everywhere, equestrian jumping and competitions, maybe even horse racing. It would also be nice if kids could begin learning to ride on ponies in this pack and if they added a few new touches like the ability to ride in a carriage (for romantic carriage drives) etc. I just hope we get very well developed horses and a complete range of horse-related activities.

This :)

I have never understood why horses always have to mean farming (do not get me wrong, I would love to havea farming pack ).
    Unless it is like an "amish-inspired" pack, or theme from the past like a "medieval pack". If not counting those two, I just cannot see why would horses mean farming .

If there would be chickens or cows or pigs in the codes, I would absolutely vote for farming too :) But horses, not so much.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    In a GP we could have horses for riding everywhere, equestrian jumping and competitions, maybe even horse racing. It would also be nice if kids could begin learning to ride on ponies in this pack and if they added a few new touches like the ability to ride in a carriage (for romantic carriage drives) etc. I just hope we get very well developed horses and a complete range of horse-related activities.

I have never understood why horses always have to mean farming (do not get me wrong, I would love to havea farming pack ).
    Unless it is like an "amish-inspired" pack, or theme from the past like a "medieval pack". If not counting those two, I just cannot see why would horses mean farming .

If there would be chickens or cows or pigs in the codes, I would absolutely vote for farming too :) But horses, not so much.

i think people mean country living and are using farming interchangeably with that. we want country stuff in general with cows, chickens, pigs, nectar, tractors, etc. includes horses and mechanical bull objects. sounds like a great expansion to me lol
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member

A plain old "horses, lol" pack seems a little out of left field and not enough for a EP unless it were with some sort of rural/country life/farming pack. I think a farming pack to introduce horses and then later on a "hobby/free time/money making" pack that included things like gambling, dog and horse shows, and races (combines the gambling and animal shows), and maybe even a craft table plus an online system for selling your sim's crafts, like they're doing Etsy, would be neat. Of course, for the dog/horse shows, you'd need those packs already, but stuff like gambling and a craft table could potentially make it stand out on its own. Not to mention more banking/money options as a free update could really fill a pack like this out for story telling
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    "I wonder what the Fall EP will be?"

Nobody:
    University players: "um, okay, so, we don't mean to bothe--"

EA: yeehaw

• PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    *Hyperventilates*
    I've been waiting 10 years for a farming pack. (Yes, since Sims 3.)
    The code only mentions horses, though, so it's more likely to be just a horse pack. Still ... *Throws money at the screen*
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,863 Member
    @cheescaeks , @jacechu ,
    Heh yes, I see. I was more like stuck at word farming, I admit :D Yes Country Life in general, then sure :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    I would LOVE to have an off the grid witch who lives out in the country with her animals (cats, dogs AND horses!), and uses magic for her day to day life! Best of both occult and realism!
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hmm I already found it quite strange they made a pretty big deal out of the 'Equestrian' slip up in the livestream, and now to see this new horse coding makes me think that a Farming related EP is next, and not University.

And I am totally fine with that.
  • thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    On an unrelated note -- I misread the title as "holy horses, there's batman in the code". :D
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member

Guys, is there any chance of having an expansion in November, be it universities or farming pack and another in February or March? where does the fiscal year end?

They said it's one of the best years in terms of content, I expect at least one gamepack in February or March, but I don't think farming should be a gamepack let alone universities.

If this were real we would have 3 expansions a gamepack and stuffpack in a fiscal year.
  • mordarlarmordarlar Posts: 38 Member
    I've wanted a farming pack for so long i will probably faint when one is announced. Pretty excited to see what they do with idea.
    akaseven wrote: »
    Guys, is there any chance of having an expansion in November, be it universities or farming pack and another in February or March? where does the fiscal year end?

They said it's one of the best years in terms of content, I expect at least one gamepack in February or March, but I don't think farming should be a gamepack let alone universities.

If this were real we would have 3 expansions a gamepack and stuffpack in a fiscal year.

i think its uni in november. country living/farm pack next year.
  • AnyahsAnyahs Posts: 36 Member
    I seriously hope this isn't in a Farming Expansion... I don't want to pay $40 for something I'll hardly use, just to have horses...

I mean, it would make sense to put them together for some sort of Country Living EP. Horses would be a huge gameplay add-on so unless they only dropped horses and nothing else it would almost have to be included into an EP. I mean, I don't much care for some of the stuff we've got. I bought the vampires pack only for the cobwebs and wall cracks)... and I sure the heck do not want to waste money on a university/Education pack at all (but I will because I like build stuff)... but you are not their target. I'm not their target. They look at the masses and go from there. Would a simple horse GP draw in alot of buyers? They know people want horses, they know others want farming... it makes sense to combine them. Farming has been one of the most requested EP's since the sims 2... it hovers just under Supernaturals and University.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member

I'm thinking we'll see an EP for sure in November and then another EP around June, so it could be May, as I THINK their fiscal year ends at the end of June. If it doesn't end until after July is over the EP might be July as well. I think June though as the last two summers we've had a June pack.

And I'm fairly confident that the two we get will be University/Education and Farming/Country Living type themes. Of course, I could be way off base.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    I checked older version of the game, and this piece of code is there. My oldest version is 1.53.105.1020. Current version is 1.55.105.1020. So 2 patches ago we already had it.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

I'm thinking we'll see an EP for sure in November and then another EP around June, so it could be May, as I THINK their fiscal year ends at the end of June. If it doesn't end until after July is over the EP might be July as well. I think June though as the last two summers we've had a June pack.

And I'm fairly confident that the two we get will be University/Education and Farming/Country Living type themes. Of course, I could be way off base.

one fiscal quarter ends in March. Don't know when the other quarter ends
    6adMCGP.gif
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I don't mind farming & horses, but I expected Uni before it.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully a farming expansion is next I'm not looking forward to University.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Anyahs wrote: »
    I seriously hope this isn't in a Farming Expansion... I don't want to pay $40 for something I'll hardly use, just to have horses...

I mean, it would make sense to put them together for some sort of Country Living EP. Horses would be a huge gameplay add-on so unless they only dropped horses and nothing else it would almost have to be included into an EP. I mean, I don't much care for some of the stuff we've got. I bought the vampires pack only for the cobwebs and wall cracks)... and I sure the heck do not want to waste money on a university/Education pack at all (but I will because I like build stuff)... but you are not their target. I'm not their target. They look at the masses and go from there. Would a simple horse GP draw in alot of buyers? They know people want horses, they know others want farming... it makes sense to combine them. Farming has been one of the most requested EP's since the sims 2... it hovers just under Supernaturals and University.

I did say "hope". I don't expect it at all :'(
    funny-gifs20.gif

• IM CRYING I CANT BREATHE
    y'all got bread?
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Hopefully a farming expansion is next I'm not looking forward to University.

Same.

Never been a fan of the University grind without a real impactful reward.