Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Morgyn

Comments

• GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Maybe he went crazy because Aine disappeared, and that event made him to become wiser and he eventually became the Sage🤷🏼‍♀️ But still, I like the story where he has finger in the "disappearance" of Àine more.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    id just like to know why morgyn screaming in first trailer though
    and there is the part of ainé just blob out before it sooo? perhaps ainé was the one that disappeared off to somewhere instead? and morgyn is like nOoooOooOo

That's possible! It's such a sad backstory though... We will know soon enough, there's always a chance she is one of the premades of Glimmerbrock (fingers crossed)
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    id just like to know why morgyn screaming in first trailer though
    and there is the part of ainé just blob out before it sooo? perhaps ainé was the one that disappeared off to somewhere instead? and morgyn is like nOoooOooOo

The most likely thing is him exploding was a 'vision' or he exploded but his familiar blocked it mechanically they just didn't show that part.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    That individual reminds me of a used car salesman, at least in the lead-in screen shot. Would need to check their stats, but the only one of the premades I might trust is the lass in the yellow and white dress.
    you mean like this?
    JU45ZEl.png

Yep. I still remember an incident when I was a kid. My parents were looking for a replacement for our worn out 40-something Plymouth. At one place we went the guy actually pulled out the 'only driven by an old lady school teacher on weekends' line. (What Morgyn is probably using in your picture) We had that beast for a good 5 or 6 years.
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Looks like the perfect rival especially for Vlad... I wonder if there will be any special interactions between witches and vampires.
  • tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    I think my biggest question is: Is Morgyn good or evil? That smirk he has at the end of the second trailer, I really can't tell. And 2nd question is: What happened to the witch in the black dress with the key necklace that greeted Morgyn in the 1st trailer when he first came into the Realm Of Magic?

Oh! I think I just answered that second one. Something happened to her! That's why she's not in the 2nd trailer
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I think my biggest question is: Is Morgyn good or evil? That smirk he has at the end of the second trailer, I really can't tell. And 2nd question is: What happened to the witch in the black dress with the key necklace that greeted Morgyn in the 1st trailer when he first came into the Realm Of Magic?

Oh! I think I just answered that second one. Something happened to her! That's why she's not in the 2nd trailer

He’s not good, that’s for sure...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

He does have that evil smirk
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Hey I’m not saying he’s evil BUT no one good screams like he did in the trailer. 🙌
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member

At end you mean the first twenty seconds?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited September 2019
    Maybe he got too powerful and let the magic get to his head and removed Aine as one of sages despite her being one of the first sages he met and gave him his abilities (they said that if a sage does leave, another takes there place, so Morgyn took her place and she lost her sage title). Would make for an interesting story.
  • ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I absolutely adore Morgyn! Can't wait to get my hands on RoM someday (Christmas hopefully lmao) and bring him into the family. I still like the idea of him not being cisgender (nonbinary or trans maybe?), but I'm happy to finally have a name for his face.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I don't know what I will do with him yet. Maybe leave him as is until he fits my story. Just don't know.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Listening to him his voice doesn't sound 'slimy' as it just sounds like he has more of a lisp. :p
    5vJrxmT.png

Hey I’m not saying he’s evil BUT no one good screams like he did in the trailer. 🙌

You're right. Is it possible he's maybe both? Good AND bad?
    WolfNate wrote: »

At end you mean the first twenty seconds?

Yeah ... well ... both
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Okay, I think I got a backstory for Morgyn... (and Grace Anansi!)

Morgyn discovered the realm, and the Sage of Alchemy, Aine, took him somewhere to become a Spellcaster. But eventually, Aine would reveal her true colors as an evil witch and would cast a powerful spell to tear the realm apart. By this time Morgyn was an extremely powerfull Spellcaster, and the other two sages made a decision- a new branch of magic would be formed, called "Untamed", and Morgyn would be its sage. After being filled with the Untamed magic, he gained the erratic trait. Together, the Three Sages performed a Spell to strip Aine of her magic and hopefully rid Alchemy of it's need for a Sage. They were successful, but in the process, the Sage of Mischief magic lost her powers and all memory of magic. A different sim took her place, and they were left with the Three Sages. And in the second trailer, Morgyn turns Grace back into a Spellcaster.
    funny-gifs20.gif

I like that!
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    edited September 2019
    He is neither good nor evil, he is... untamed.

*snicker*

In all seriousness though- my guess from what we saw in the livestream was him dying from magical overload. And the gurus said whoever dies but comes back from that can no longer overload their magic and have surpassed limit. “A very powerful thing for a spellcaster” indeed.

Frankly, I’m here for our non-binary Sage who deals not in either petty matters of gender binary or the binary of good and evil.
  • Camille418Camille418 Posts: 24 Member
    I see that a lot of people have started thinking about what could be the story of this pack. ^^

Personally, I like the fact that they create backstories like this. It's very cool and so much more interesting!
    Like others, I wonder where is the sage of the first trailer. When I saw that Morgyn was replacing her, I thought several years had passed and that she had left her position to her most promising student to become the new sage. But now ... I'm not sure. Either there is no particular story, or Morgyn has taken the position of the woman by force.
    Maybe he's a power hungry person. Maybe he was too greedy and let the magic take the best of him. 🤔

I am more and more curious! :)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm thinking about making Aine after ROM comes out. I liked her, she looked cool. I'll give her nice thin eyebrows though.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    edited September 2019
    When he was introducing the untamed magic he said "if it's the power you crave..." doesn't that mean he's hungry for power. Also in the first trailer he is overcharged, doesn't that mean he tried to go further his limits, or even face death to be able to use his power however he wants.
    Post edited by GamingTweety on
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    As with most premades, I'm pretty much indifferent about Morgyn and will probably only interact with him in his role as a sage. (Then again, I said the same thing about Vlad and the other premade vampires, and now I'm actually playing with them, so who knows.) I really like how they set up that trailer, though, and his voice actor did a great job at making everything sound mysterious and magical, as well as hyping me even more for the pack.
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    As with most premades, I'm pretty much indifferent about Morgyn and will probably only interact with him in his role as a sage. (Then again, I said the same thing about Vlad and the other premade vampires, and now I'm actually playing with them, so who knows.) I really like how they set up that trailer, though, and his voice actor did a great job at making everything sound mysterious and magical, as well as hyping me even more for the pack.

He/she did do a great job narrating that stream, do we know who it is? My daughter is pretty good at picking voices, but I'm not sure, I'll see what she thinks if we don't know yet. Anyway, they'll probably get a heap of work out of it, well done!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    Dglbr1969 wrote: »
    He/she did do a great job narrating that stream, do we know who it is?
    Gordy wrote: »
    EDIT: It's Ken Chen.