Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Holy Horses Batman! There's More In the Code!

Comments

• cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    I seriously hope this isn't in a Farming Expansion... I don't want to pay $40 for something I'll hardly use, just to have horses...

You don‘t even know what‘s included in the pack and judge already.
    For example, there could be various new crafting hobbies such as canning, nectar making or sewing!

For me, I would use the hell out of a Farming expansion if it features farm animals like cows, chickens, pigs, sheep, horses and various new hobbies to pursue!

there was nothing about the other animals in the code, so i figure horses are probably cas and the others will be non-cas objects if they are doing it.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    cheescaeks wrote: »
    I seriously hope this isn't in a Farming Expansion... I don't want to pay $40 for something I'll hardly use, just to have horses...

For example, there could be various new crafting hobbies such as canning, nectar making or sewing!

For me, I would use the hell out of a Farming expansion if it features farm animals like cows, chickens, pigs, sheep, horses and various new hobbies to pursue!

there was nothing about the other animals in the code, so i figure horses are probably cas and the others will be non-cas objects if they are doing it.

Yes just like how it was in Sims 3

But hopefully they make the farm animals roam around a fenced off area like the roomba from Cats & Dogs!
    a256aFi.gif
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I do remember there being a reference to horses before C&D, but if this is new then I guess this means we're getting horses :smiley:
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?

Yes just like how it was in Sims 3

But hopefully they make the farm animals roam around a fenced off area like the roomba from Cats & Dogs!

yes!!! same! i don't want them hooked up to a footprint attached to the objects. i want chickens and pigs roaming my yard dangit!
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    If this is new - not the piece of code that's been in it since before C&D - and farming is indeed next, the (forgive me) uni crowd will become really annoying until uni releases in spring 2020

piece of code from cats and dogs was this: https://simscommunity.info/2017/01/12/the-sims-4-code-found-for-pets-expansion-pack/

"<Parameter name=”x:species” type=”enum” labels=”cat,dog,horse,human” default=”cat” />"

i thought so to as well so i looked it up to make sure i wasn't just seeing old code. but no this is a full blown animation timing and calls to rigs

Very intriguing. I mean I'd love a farming pack 😁 okay I'd rather they don't focus too much on horses but who knows how it would turn out. Excited to see where this is going.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    If this is new - not the piece of code that's been in it since before C&D - and farming is indeed next, the (forgive me) uni crowd will become really annoying until uni releases in spring 2020

piece of code from cats and dogs was this: https://simscommunity.info/2017/01/12/the-sims-4-code-found-for-pets-expansion-pack/

"<Parameter name=”x:species” type=”enum” labels=”cat,dog,horse,human” default=”cat” />"

i thought so to as well so i looked it up to make sure i wasn't just seeing old code. but no this is a full blown animation timing and calls to rigs

Very intriguing. I mean I'd love a farming pack 😁 okay I'd rather they don't focus too much on horses but who knows how it would turn out. Excited to see where this is going.

I‘m especially excited because it‘s finally a new theme they never really touched on (last time we got a new theme was Get Together) after remaking all those themes we had in past games!
    a256aFi.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member

I‘m especially excited because it‘s finally a new theme they never really touched on (last time we got a new theme was Get Together) after remaking all those themes we had in past games!

Agreed, at least it could be and do its own thing for once!
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    🙏 Please just let me have higher education before a farming pack. February 2020 is a great date for an awesome farming pack....just let this year finish with University PLEASE! Lol
    Just confirming that the OP is telling the truth. I checked the file they cited and it is indeed there.

Not saying this is new, it could be old code that we all missed. But it is indeed there in the game files for all to see.

someone on twitter is using their un-updated version of the sims on their laptop to see if it was in there before they rebranded. i wonder how long its been in there lol! i stumbled on it by complete accident hahah
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'd be surprised if a horses related pack is next...
    But if it is, I hope kids can ride them too. And toddlers riding on ponies would be cute.
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    🙏 Please just let me have higher education before a farming pack. February 2020 is a great date for an awesome farming pack....just let this year finish with University PLEASE! Lol

Can we just...wait a little while before getting upset?
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    edited September 2019
    Reddit saying something is fake? Don't be so qick to believe or trust Reddit unless they show you actaul proof that something is fake.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    jacechu wrote: »

Can we just...wait a little while before getting upset?

Not upset here at all. I would enjoy the heck out of a farming pack. Just putting good vibes out there for uni to come first.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I am a horse nut from childhood. I would much rather pay $20.00 for horses done with the quality of Vampires than pay $40.00 for horses done like mermaids.
  • stellanovastellanova Posts: 57 Member
    If this is true - I can't WAIT for off-the-grid farming lifestyles. Coupled with the Laundry Day, Seasons & Island Living packs this is going to be so much fun!

Also getting to relive my Saddle Club Pony Pals Horse Girl Realness from childhood is gonna be SO nostalgic <3
    call me stella!
    HeKrho4.gif
    twitter
    edited September 2019
    so my opinion on this, now that im actually doing calc and not obsessed about potential horses:

i think we're still getting university this year. i don't mind if im proved wrong but i think this code will be utilized still, but later on.

really its a freakin' toss up. you could point to multiple different hints for either expansion idea.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    I think I've seen this code before at the time of the cats and dogs release, but if it's really new I wouldn't be surprised, adding horses to a farm gamepack would be awesome, but supposing it is actually editable I suppose we'll have a farming expansion since gamepack for creation should not have so much budget. Will the next one really be a farm theme and not universities? I would be very surprised
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I posted it on reddit and got downvoted. Maybe people think I'm faking this?

It's Type 9AFE47F5. Instance 0E23607EE989C421. In Locomotion Config.

If Reddit says it’s fake, it’s fake. I trust those boys with my life.

But if it’s not, where the heck would the horse live?!? On my little 20x20?

And if they can add horses, they can add cars!

Yeah, I'm hoping they add cars eventually too.
    akaseven wrote: »
    I think I've seen this code before at the time of the cats and dogs release, but if it's really new I wouldn't be surprised, adding horses to a farm gamepack would be awesome, but supposing it is actually editable I suppose we'll have a farming expansion since gamepack for creation should not have so much budget. Will the next one really be a farm theme and not universities? I would be very surprised

that's what i've heard? i haven't seen anything ever reported about it though, besides that one little snippet that got leaked before cats and dogs was released.

if its old, i still think the code will be used eventually. horses are highly demanded
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would love horses. But I love real life horses and I’ve been riding since I was a little girl so I wouldn’t say no to horses and farming.
  • HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I’ve never really been bothered about horses in the game or a farming Expansion for that matter. That being said, it’s a pack that they’ve never tried before so I would actually like to see what features they would include in said pack.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited September 2019

Check out ideas for a Farming expansion here: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/952018/sims-4-off-the-land-expansion-pack-farming/p1

That's the exact kind of thing I don't want. I mean, if it's called Farming, there's gonna be farming, and I don't want it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited September 2019
    Some codes been in the game for awhile and somethings were planned for later but have to keep quiet about until announced or maybe they were meant to be in the game but couldn't finish it. There were codes for toddlers before they were patched which is why I never doubted them being included.

I think horses are meant to be separate as they would a big area for them and all that. So probably for a farming pack (not my first choice personally) or maybe an equestrian one.

Anyways, the real question is how long has the code been in the game; but doesn't mean that would the next pack. Magic been hinted for quite awhile now but still got other packs first, so people shouldn't get their hopes too high as we still might not be getting horses for awhile still.
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    Horses aren't on the top of my list, but I do really want a farming EP. My only concern with adding horses to a farming pack would be that they would take up a lot of resources and we would miss out on other features like new hobbies and a country fair.