Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living Mermaids need to be DEEPER

Hey guys! I wanted to make this poll so hopefully Simgurus can take notice. I'd like to see how many of us would like more deeper mermaids, or a pack with scuba diving, or satisfied the way they are now. Thoughts?

Island Living Mermaids need to be DEEPER 97 votes

Yes, free update Island Living to have deep sea diving = actual scuba diving and mermaids get a proper home
70%
LaBlue0314sillehbeeEIisabettaMartinvbabajayneSimQueenie9IrdiwenMariefoxprice83IObellealanmichael1SlayeurTownKaeChan2089determigMilutinMujovicJerrelloDanceSingLoveLivetaydevKhrisstyneFroilFoxrox77 68 votes
Yes, but I prefer deep diving for sims and mermaids in a separate game pack
9%
AngelluluKalaniCoolHumility925elelunicyGorgeoiousSheepilingMonaveilLquinncasi 9 votes
No, I'm satisfied the way I am with current Island Living
17%
Anmirlacchant86scoedluthienrisinghalloweenchildXxAirixXEnkiSchmidtManakoHimeEvilyn_1007GamingTweetyEttadoublenoodlesRobinGreenthumbpopstarsleynetney52KimmerFallenxroses7 17 votes
I don't have Island Livinf, but would like to support this thread in making a Deep Diving a game pack
3%
PreCiiousBecka28jadonbakes 3 votes

Comments

• HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I'm not sure my stance fits with any of these. I'm okay with diving so far, although I haven't really delved into yet. The only thing is that I would have expected mermaids to have a little more about them, and I wasn't even crazy about them in my game to begin with. It's just that by comparison with other occult life states, they've pulled the short straw. :)
    HSau :)
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    HCSau wrote: »
    I'm not sure my stance fits with any of these. I'm okay with diving so far, although I haven't really delved into yet. The only thing is that I would have expected mermaids to have a little more about them, and I wasn't even crazy about them in my game to begin with. It's just that by comparison with other occult life states, they've pulled the short straw. :)

That's alright, thank you for support either way! I feel the same way, that they pulled a short straw. I feel there is much more potential for them being more fleshed out, and big part of it is them having underwater swimming, animations, and living conditions. Like, eating kelp and fish, sleeping on sand/rock bed, swimming around and exploring, communicating with other swimmers (mermaids, divers, fish), mermaid bassinet and tombstones, and more.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I'm satisfied with mermaids the way they are, but I certainly wouldn't complain if we got a free update. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    Yes, free update Island Living to have deep sea diving = actual scuba diving and mermaids get a proper home
    I like Island Living a lot, but I must admit I wish there was underwater gameplay (and hotels), particularly for mermaids. I would love a patch for this, but I would also welcome a pack if it included more in depth gameplay.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Yeeeaahh...I personally feel if you were going to do MERMAIDS of all lifestates...least let us be able to explore the ocean since that is a big part of a mermaid.
    Yeeeaahh...I personally feel if you were going to do MERMAIDS of all lifestates...least let us be able to explore the ocean since that is a big part of a mermaid.

My very same reaction! You'd think, its a given, when mentioning mermaids that there would be underwater? That is what I thought. I love how beautiful they are, and I wish they would add a free update or a game pack with underwater so they can feel like fully fleshed out occult, instead if half-occult!
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    If they do it, don't make me pay for it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Everything needs to be deeper in TS4, especially this GP.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    This EP should definitely be updated. Honestly, they wouldn't add underwater gameplay anyways, but I do think they should give mermaids more powers and let us set Sulani as a travelling destination.

• IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    If we got a unique mermaid tombstone and a bassinet then I'd be happy
    Icewolf wrote: »
    If we got a unique mermaid tombstone and a bassinet then I'd be happy

Yes! I hope for atleast that. And transformation animation. So they feel legitimized and part of other occult. To think of it, in Sims 3 they were kinda left out as well. Because every occult had color border to their sim icon, but mermaids didn't. And they easily lost mermaid status due to dehydration.

Make Mermaids part of legit occult!! *waves protest sign* 😆
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    #makemermaidsfun
    Even aliens have more than mermaids (unique tombstone and bassinet) - please for the love of the Watcher I just want a beautiful underwater world for human/other occult Sims and mermaids to explore! Pleeeaase EA!!!
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    #makemermaidsfun
    Even aliens have more than mermaids (unique tombstone and bassinet) - please for the love of the Watcher I just want a beautiful underwater world for human/other occult Sims and mermaids to explore! Pleeeaase EA!!!

Yes!! This 100000%!!! #makemermaidsfun
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited September 2019
    No, I'm satisfied the way I am with current Island Living
    They're fine as is. We aren't going to get a mermaid pack so they weren't going to be the focus and they can do things that other sims can't. There is only so much they can really do.
  • Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 451 Member
    I personally thing every occult should have it's own relm to call home. The only ones that have it made right now are the aliens and witches.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I didn’t vote in the poll because I didn’t see an option that matched my preferences. I wouldn’t want mermaids to have a system like vampires or spellcasters because I don’t see them as being as complex or particularly powerful like those lifestates are; they are more natural creatures and tied to the sea. I have a mod that intensifies their songs, and another that permits them to drown others if they are evil.

Now that it seems as though we aren’t getting weather spells with RoM, I like that the mermaids have power to call up storms or clear skies. It makes them more uniquely powerful with nature in their own right. (If we ever get fairies or elves I hope they have a similar style of natural magic which includes powers over plant life or weather).

I do agree, though, that it would have been nice to have a secret grotto or undersea lot where the merfolk could hang out and maybe invite a privileged few of their friends or loved ones. I don’t mind the lack of a deep diving lot in general, but a secret underwater mermaid world would have been nice and would have made them seem more special.
    I didn’t vote in the poll because I didn’t see an option that matched my preferences. I wouldn’t want mermaids to have a system like vampires or spellcasters because I don’t see them as being as complex or particularly powerful like those lifestates are; they are more natural creatures and tied to the sea. I have a mod that intensifies their songs, and another that permits them to drown others if they are evil.

Now that it seems as though we aren’t getting weather spells with RoM, I like that the mermaids have power to call up storms or clear skies. It makes them more uniquely powerful with nature in their own right. (If we ever get fairies or elves I hope they have a similar style of natural magic which includes powers over plant life or weather).

I do agree, though, that it would have been nice to have a secret grotto or undersea lot where the merfolk could hang out and maybe invite a privileged few of their friends or loved ones. I don’t mind the lack of a deep diving lot in general, but a secret underwater mermaid world would have been nice and would have made them seem more special.

Hey there! I just want to clarify, I didnt mean Mermaids to be as complex as vampires. I just want them to be more occult to their own, for example, right now they feel unfinished. Theres no baby crib, and no tombstone, unique to mermaids whereas every other occult so far (aliens, vampires, spellcasters) get their own. That's 1. 2, is that they have NO transformation animation, at all, unlike other occultis. And 3, they have no home really, because aliens have Sixam, Vampires got Forgotten Hallow, Spellcasters get their magical Realm, and mermaids have to live off on island that's, let's be honest, not really theirs. All I want is justice for mermaids, for them to be upgraded to occult level as everyone else, and to have a world, even just one lot, to swim in and be themselves. To me it's like watching Ariel and never seeing any underwater plot story, it's just unfinished, and shallow.
    So, justice for mermaids! I just want them to be taken care of better, to be given proper baby crib, tombstone, and underwater lot location with proper animations for swimming, gathering, communicating, and eating underwater. Also wouldn't hurt to have water group activites like marco polo or something fun!
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Well they’ve already merged scuba diving, mermaids, and conservationism together in the same pack so no need to separate them now.

If they want to flesh out any of the above elements further, I’d support that. I don’t foresee them doing this though. I think we’ll be stuck with the way things are as they currently are.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    We need to see the Mermaids litterally swimming under the sea not swimming like the humans.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    No separate game pack though. It reminds me too much of the MFPS fiasco, and I dont want to buy another pack just to deep sea dive when it should have been included in the first place.

Anyway, I'd be happy if my mermaid sims can just eat in the water and that's it. I have a couple mermaids who have literally no interest in dry land so its kinda bothersome making them leave the sea for food. Yeah there's siren's call, but I'd like them to search the seafloor for actual food too.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Completely agree with those who said that if this is done it would be updated in a patch for those who already spent money on this pack.
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I'm not impressed with the lazy way they handled several things in the Island Living pack, like the "off the grid" lot trait. I was even more unimpressed with the lazy way they handled how a Sim transitions into a Mermaid. There is no transition.

I like the looks of Sulani, in general, but the gameplay is just shoddy.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    There's no way they'll patch in underwater gameplay. But they could add some additional interactions for mermaids. It won't be enough, but it could be something.
  • LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    With the amount of water in the Sims 4, it would be great to have swimming and under water game play increased and I don't think that is going to happen without a a financial incentive for EA. However, I am not sure it would be my first choice for a new pack.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    I would like better mermaids, more specifically a tail and swimming animations for younger sims. But I doubt EA will even consider it.