Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Patch

After the latest patch is anyone else’s The Sims 4 title menu freezing or do I just need to get a new computer? :-/

I’ve never had a problem with The Sims 4 glitching on me but lately it’s taken so long to load I go play XBox or Switch rather than on my PC.
71rbpi.png

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    On my first load after patching, I did notice it hung on the title menu longer than it had, but I figured it just had a lot to process. Still worlds faster than my TS3 game.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2019
    Whether it is faster or slower than Sims 3, problems are eithier in the game or it is on it way and I see Sims 4 having as much problems as time moves on because like in Sims 3 EA/Maxis has never addressed multiple problems/bugs and it is happening right here in Sims 4 and for some that may think they are it may be an bug that one particularily care about and not some of the others that been around for ages and I place blame where it needs to go and it may not have anything to do with one's system, just the need to be tweaked when it should be tweaked regardless of what expense as if you want the best, you must must put the money and work in to get more back and for me that is not happening. All will get different results which unlike consoles which utilize the same specs other than ISP, DL tier PC users utilizes different specs and since Sims 4 does not distinguish between High end or low end when it comes to features outside of graphics it may just depend on what each system is doing outside of the game.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    Mine is a bit slower to load too...
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    Mine did the same it froze the first time, so I shut it down and repaired the game and now it works fine.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited September 2019
    After patching the game just now i went into game (no mods or CC) to find when my parent mermaid sims tries the play animation with their toddlers all I get is a strange looking animation in front of the toddler no pick up or other play whatsoever with the toddler as the parent fails to pick the toddler up at all so i am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?

this is a pick of what the parent play interaction currently looks like

SAwy4Z2.jpg
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @SPARKY1922 That might not be related to the patch, I've seen the glitch before, on the forums and in my own game. If it's consistent though and happens every time, maybe check if AHQ has a bug report for it?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @SPARKY1922 yeah, I've also had that glitch for quite a long time. Occasionally the animation will work, but mostly it is wonky.
  • Options
    @darrenfroggy & @elanorbreton

Thanks both I thought it was new because it's never happened to me before only after this patch I will check if its a bug..
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    After patching the game just now i went into game (no mods or CC) to find when my parent mermaid sims tries the play animation with their toddlers all I get is a strange looking animation in front of the toddler no pick up or other play whatsoever with the toddler as the parent fails to pick the toddler up at all so i am wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?

this is a pick of what the parent play interaction currently looks like

SAwy4Z2.jpg

Check out my signature if you can. :D

I've noticed there is a ton of lag for a few seconds after using the camera (I don't have Moschino) and also when I go into build mode there is some lag.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    Hi @HowGreatThouArt

I am sorry you are experiencing lag thankfully as yet I am not however one of my most fav animations with toddlers appears to be borked defo after the patch and I am unhappy about that as I use it a lot in my families. I have still not tried the camera (I do have Moschino) as I keep reading there are issues with the it so i am trying to wait that out until players report it's okay..

Sorry but i am not sure what you meant when you said "check out my signature" as just clicking takes me to your page and I don't think that's what you meant..
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello @JasonSim16 If you are still having these issues, make sure report this on our Sims 4 Answers HQ.

EA_Joz
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    @SPARKY1922 Below each post in a thread there is a horizontal bar that can be filled with links, pictures, GIFs, etc., called a signature. It's only visible on computers, though. Mine is a GIF of that glitch you're experiencing.

At least I think it still is...I haven't used the computer for the forums in a looong time. :#
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    @SPARKY1922 Below each post in a thread there is a horizontal bar that can be filled with links, pictures, GIFs, etc., called a signature. It's only visible on computers, though. Mine is a GIF of that glitch you're experiencing.

At least I think it still is...I haven't used the computer for the forums in a looong time. :#

Yep, your Sim is still possessed in your siggy... :D
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    @Anmirla

Thanks for that info on the siggy for @HowGreatThouArt because it simply does not show up for me and I have no idea why but no worries :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I'm in the habit of always cleaning out my localthumbcache.package before I start my game. Give it a try and see it that helps.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm sure my households are losing their wealth once I've rotated away.
  • Options
    Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    I'm using a good quality new computer and even I'm having longer loading times.