Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic - Learn even more mysterious secrets (gameplay trailer + blog)

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @OEII1001 @kateoverend

The trailer's VA makes me think of a flamboyant drag queen seriously lol
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    This pack looks really good, and I liked the trailer a lot.

I just can't believe the difference in quality from Island Living (an extremely shallow $40 dollar expansion) to this (what could be a well-worth $20 gamepack).

Yes, even I'm tempted. SimGuruNinja and others did a great job in my opinon on the vampire pack so if he was over this one and those who really thought hard about the vampire pack I might break donw and spend some money on this as it seems interesting at the moment.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    No one is bringing it up...

But the 'idle I'm an Occult Sim btw" animation for Casters is really neat!!
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @OEII1001 @kateoverend

The trailer's VA makes me think of a flamboyant drag queen seriously lol

No way. I got nothing of that vibe.
    fullspiral wrote: »

Youtube Sharon Needles that drag queen and Morgyn's VA for trailer sound very similar.

• suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I wanna have Aine as a Sage... LMAO ILL JUST PLAY AS HER
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Youtube Sharon Needles that drag queen and Morgyn's VA for trailer sound very similar.

Well that's all personal opinions, I personally think Sharon's voice is more high pitched.
  • Binny240Binny240 Posts: 2 New Member
    The livestream made Glimmerbrook look really small, but I'm really glad there are 2 places added to the game instead of just none :D
  • Binny240 wrote: »
    The livestream made Glimmerbrook look really small, but I'm really glad there are 2 places added to the game instead of just none :D

actually. if each of those floating islands had lots of their own, that'd be great for builders who want more space,however, it'd ultimately ruin the immersion for live gameplay cos of the annoying loading screens so im very neutral about this.
    y'all got bread?
  • NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    Sages are NOT playable and if you marry them or anything of that sort then they lose their Sage status and another Sage will be chosen.

I believe you are right just like moving in Father Winter into your household will make him lose his status, but you can still probably have kids with them which would make an intresting story. I plan on befriending one of the sages and making a story where the household goes and visits the sage, but they never offically join the household. This will enable the family to have a sage as a founder of the household and in the bloodline. I'm pretty sure you can get sages to drink immortality potions so they can maintain thier place as sage and not be replaced if they arent immortal already.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I had a thought too, how about this new spell allowing spellcaster sims with the spell to steal things from afar, Ive always gotten observant as soon as possible to keep any kleptos out of my house, this will make that a little harder if they have this spell because there will be no way to see if they have it unless you play them. We are able to do magick outside of the special area too? Right? Just learn it there and can you duel in the other worlds too or just in the special area?
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    I had a thought too, how about this new spell allowing spellcaster sims with the spell to steal things from afar, Ive always gotten observant as soon as possible to keep any kleptos out of my house, this will make that a little harder if they have this spell because there will be no way to see if they have it unless you play them. We are able to do magick outside of the special area too? Right? Just learn it there and can you duel in the other worlds too or just in the special area?

Only the playable sim(s) will use magic out of Realm and only when you tell them to

Just like mermaids in Island Living the household your playing has to be "aware that magic actually exists".They said magic wasnt going to be wild and rampant. So I wouldnt worry too much about other household and NPC Sims stealing your Live household's stuff.
    Im glad on the stealing part lol, but I do really wish we could implement more magick users into the other worlds, do you think if we place some that already are ourselves into the world they will use it if they have it or it definitely has to be only an active house, like kinda where famous sims only gain or lose fame when being played kinda thing
    Im glad on the stealing part lol, but I do really wish we could implement more magick users into the other worlds, do you think if we place some that already are ourselves into the world they will use it if they have it or it definitely has to be only an active house, like kinda where famous sims only gain or lose fame when being played kinda thing

Probably like GF.
    edited September 2019

Dont forget if you have Get together you can probably make a Spellcasters club. There will probably be an tab for being allowed or not allowed to use magic as well( if they have gone any deeper maybe you can even allow or disallow certain magic depending on which school its from; e.g. pratical, mischievous, untamed). If magic is allowed other members will do magic and alchemy during meetings or if your friends with alot of spellcasters they'll probably be comfortable doing magic around your household of theyre spellcasters as well.
    NoirStasis wrote: »

Dont forget if you have Get together you can probably make a Spellcasters club. There will probably be an tab for being allowed or not allowed to use magic as well( if they have gone any deeper maybe you can even allow or disallow certain magic depending on which school its from; e.g. pratical, mischievous, untamed). If magic is allowed other members will do magic and alchemy during meetings or if your friends with alot of spellcasters they'll probably be comfortable doing magic around your household of theyre spellcasters as well.

That's right! Thank you! I had forgotten about being able to make a club, and they did say they added some things in club options to do so! I had been so blown away by all the other cool things I forgot that part! Thank you!!
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    > @Marnetti said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Have his baby. He must at least be romanceable. That’s what I’m gonna try to do.

xD xD xD
  • MochiMommaMochiMomma Posts: 41 Member
    > @WolfNate said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Youtube Sharon Needles that drag queen and Morgyn's VA for trailer sound very similar.

I got that vibe too. And not to say that's bad or offensive, or anything of that mind-set, just that it does
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Sages are NOT playable and if you marry them or anything of that sort then they lose their Sage status and another Sage will be chosen.

I believe you are right just like moving in Father Winter into your household will make him lose his status, but you can still probably have kids with them which would make an intresting story. I plan on befriending one of the sages and making a story where the household goes and visits the sage, but they never offically join the household. This will enable the family to have a sage as a founder of the household and in the bloodline. I'm pretty sure you can get sages to drink immortality potions so they can maintain thier place as sage and not be replaced if they arent immortal already.

I didn't know that Father Winter could lose his status! Does someone else take his place? Do they have the same name?

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

I didn't know that Father Winter could lose his status! Does someone else take his place? Do they have the same name?

Another Sim from the world (random, I believe) gets the Father Winter trait/flag and the one you've added to your household becomes just a regular human. There's always A Father Winter in game but the names may vary (I think also if the original one happens to die?)

Yes Father Winter can lose his status if you move him to a new household and a new one takes his place with a different name. I've heard from other simmers that Clement Frost was father winter for the 1st Winterfest and then a new person was Father Winter for their 2nd without them doing anything at all.
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    will681 wrote: »
    I wonder what it means when the video shows the three sages and below it says not all images appear in game. Are they just talking about each house of magic sigil and it won't be like a plumbob or do they mean that sages are randomly generated and won't look the same as they are in the video?

It means the visual animation. Holograms of those Sims won't be displayed randomly in the air lol.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    Now an important thing to know is how do we get charges? Do we have to cast x amount of spells? I mean knowing how many spells we can cast before dying is important... I'm going to get Discharge as my first perk just so I won't have to worry long as I dispell myself during overcharged.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Now an important thing to know is how do we get charges? Do we have to cast x amount of spells? I mean knowing how many spells we can cast before dying is important... I'm going to get Discharge as my first perk just so I won't have to worry long as I dispell myself during overcharged.

My guess is that anything magic related, spells or creating potions might fill the meter, maybe depending on the type of spell?