Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Well let's see if I can post this here (I am on Forum punishment for posting too quickly (trying to get the banners out)

The blog posting winners is out <3 Super job all!

Monthly Simlit Short Story Challenge August 2019 and the Winners Are
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    Congratulations @MenaBuchner, @TheAemaSimming, @Qnshr5, @ra3rei & @katrinasforest! Thank you so much to everyone who voted for me - I honestly never expected to win first place! As always, everyone had great stories and this was a particularly fun theme! <3
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Congrats to everyone!
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • lillibattenberglillibattenberg Posts: 1,279 Member
    Congratulations to all the winners!
    Jacob_Banner.png
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Yay so excited to have placed 3rd! Also congrats to @divanthesimmer , @MenaBuchner , @Qnshr5 , @ra3rei , & @katrinasforest! As has already been said, all the stories (as usual) were great. A good portion had me rolling and it was a pleasure to read. Looking forward to the next month already!
  • LauraAnneBLauraAnneB Posts: 15 Member
    Congrats to the winners! There were so many great stories this month.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    There is no one who had anything to hang their heads over .. the vote (while much less than in other months .. almost half) was very very very close again. There were no landslides!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    Congratulations to the winners. 😃👍🎈
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    Congrats to everyone! ^_^ I can't wait to see all the September apple stories. (Can't participate this month, sadly, but happy to read and vote!)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    Okay, my September story for the Veteran category is up on the forum: Bad Apples.

8cca31cf45efa03ab75476be690855466a7a947e.png
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    Oooh - cool! Thanks for all the votes! This past month was super fun and I loved every story I read. I'm going to try to break my every other month pattern...so I'm thinking of apples....and apples and hmmmm...
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
  • Qnshr5Qnshr5 Posts: 459 Member
    Congratulations @MenaBuchner, @TheAemaSimming, @divanthesimmer, @ra3rei & @katrinasforest! Sorry I'm late. I've been out with a migraine for the last several days. Thank you everyone. It was a lot of fun to write and it makes me happy that it was enjoyable to read. There were so many fun stories this month. I had a great time reading. I've got to go back and comment on like half the stories now cause I didn't have time to do that toward the end of last week.
    7YZVoCi.png
    Here's my entry for September: "How a package of seeds can change a life"
    @Skeilah I read your entry. Good job! Very touching story.
    So I’ve been checking this thread so I could read the stories ahead of time, but only 2 people have submitted so far, and one of them is me! I guess everyone waits to the last minute? LOL.
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    @QueenofMyshuno Seems like it! I came up with something just this weekend. Now I'm dragging my feet on the screenshots, as usual. Guess we're each other's competition? Hahaha!
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
    I have a story for this month, I just need to be able to get it under the word count. It's killing me! But hopefully I'll get something out before the weekend.
  • MummaSimmaMummaSimma Posts: 11 New Member
    Hey guys I have my entry for this month but still cant seem to be able to post the link. Can someone please help?
  • Dollyllama108Dollyllama108 Posts: 268 Member
    Aaaaaaaand done. Let me transport you to a slightly anachronistic world, a world where Hungarian folktales are a field of study...

The Applied Apple Approach
    banner_both.jpg
    Catastrophe Theory: If, through loose ends, we could resume/Unrav'ling defects from the loom/And soften as the shuttle mends---/Then save for me a few loose ends!
    Haunted: Picture Oscar Wilde dating Willy Wonka, also Oscar Wilde is still dead
    edited September 2019
    @MummaSimma Highlight the text you want to become a link and hit the link icon (looks like 2 links in a chain). Paste in the url. It's a little tricky, at least for me on a PC, because there's already text in the box ("http://&quot; ), so I usually have to delete that first. Also, highlighting the existing text in the box and deleting doesn't work for me, so I have to put my cursor in the box, hit backspace multiple times, then when it's clear, I paste in my link.
    @LauraAnneB I struggle with word count, too, so I feel your pain. I'm looking forward to reading your story. :)
    mummasimma.com/2019/09/08/sabio-and-the-giant-apple/
    Like that?
    edited September 2019
    You are still a new member so you can't make hyperlinks yet.
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    Hi all, I finished my short story and it's up on my Tumblr: laurawritesandgames.tumblr.com/post/187993785743/purveyor-of-potions. It's a magic-filled romp of apples and betrayal.