Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glimmerbrook World Discussion

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    After the Del Sol Valley fiasco I’m happy to have smaller lots lol. I hope the next world brings back a couple of 20x15 and 20x20 lots. Also the lot in the magic realm brings a new lot size of 40x40 which I hope they continue with. Love the perfectly square lots.

40x40 isn't a new lot size.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    After the Del Sol Valley fiasco I’m happy to have smaller lots lol. I hope the next world brings back a couple of 20x15 and 20x20 lots. Also the lot in the magic realm brings a new lot size of 40x40 which I hope they continue with. Love the perfectly square lots.

We have that size already?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

There are two in Brindleton Bay.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I don't understand why the cramped neighborhood in Del Sol Valley had 1 50x40 and 2 40x30, but a secluded forest without constructions only has 1 40x30 and 4 (four !) 30x20.

I feel like the lot size should have been switched. It doesn't really make sense to have room for a mansion downtown but only a small house in the forest. Am I the only one to think so ?

Maybe it's just me, but I wonder if they were setting up DSV for future content. It's the only world to also have 2 lots connected and butting up to each other. And then them working on making mages function and be found in their separate areas makes me think they are working on allowing us to have/build functioning apartment complexes, townhome rows and various things in the same lot. It feels like that to me. It's a wait and see.
    Oh! And also the ability to build dorms and things for University when it comes. Building is slowly and surely getting some attention. Gonna play with the new stairs today! YaY!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Had just found them after that comment. Shows how much I pay attention haha 😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Had just found them after that comment. Shows how much I pay attention haha 😂

I remembered there being some but I had to look up where lol
    On one hand, great that we have a variety, on the other hand, who's supposed to remember it all? ;)
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    one thing that i noticed was the world its not so like granite falls, some teaser its seemed but yesterday when simguru's showed glimmer brook better i seen who he different.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member

The empty house and bar will get bulldozed. The occupied homes will stay safe.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    I love that the portal glows and there's a spellbook when you hover over the world
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    Wrenry wrote: »

It's all getting bulldozed. Even the hidden lot in the Realm of Magic is getting a complete renovation.

Debating, I know my Sorcerer's tower is going on the 40x30 Lot, and my Spellcasting brother's will reside there.
    good thing I decided to build it on a 40x30 Lot before hand so I know it'll fit.
    10ab1a4ed533a705e92e930939729c92.png

and I built a Cafe/Tavern/Inn Based of a Cafe in Kingdom Hearts's Traverse Town I could place that on the main road.
    71e2d2721eaa10a829da40fe8565e879.png

But That leaves the three lots in front of my Sorcerer's house. I don't really want to have neighbors.

However Maybe I could create a Small village? and I wanted to build a Feudalistic society, I could make those who live around my Sorcerer's mansion, have specific skills to Work the land and provide services.
    Writer: Willam Shakespeare Chronicle my mage's Adventures and accomplishments, and just write entertaining books.
    Painter: Leonardo DaVinci To paint my sim's Portraits, scenery and powerful moments. (would love to have a sculpting as a skill one day
    Maybe a Woodworker and build a wood shop.
    also would love blacksmithing could build a blacksmith skill too.
    I have the Inn, that's also a café/tavern (Restaurant Venue) on the street.
    I should think about having a couple of Farmers, maybe a hand full Knights to guard the Village.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Hmmm. Maybe I'll feel differently after I see them up close, but so far the premade houses and the bar seem very lackluster. Which is strange, because I really like the build and buy objects, but I feel like players are going to do a much better job with those assets than what's actually coming with the pack.
    MasonGamer wrote: »

It's all getting bulldozed. Even the hidden lot in the Realm of Magic is getting a complete renovation.

I dont think any lots in the realm can be bulldozed. Those have to be there.
  • N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Hmmm. Maybe I'll feel differently after I see them up close, but so far the premade houses and the bar seem very lackluster. Which is strange, because I really like the build and buy objects, but I feel like players are going to do a much better job with those assets than what's actually coming with the pack.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they just figured everyone's just going to bulldoze them anyways so they didn't put much effort into it. I wonder if any were just base game recycles like in strangerville?
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »

I dont think any lots in the realm can be bulldozed. Those have to be there.

With bb.enablefreebuild you can change the way Magic HQ looks, I've done it before with the Hospital, Police Station, and Science Labs venues in Get to Work. These Special Lot types it will have Lot requirements of course to be functional... but I am prepared to be disappointed, once more.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited September 2019
    EAxis put less and less efforts in premade houses. It's just boxes, with basic roof and zero love for architectural details.

They say it's for low end computers to load the lots, but I think because players are encouraged to download on the gallery (or renovate themselves), they don't bother.
    Except they don't put effort anywhere, including non-editable lots by defaut, like Plumbob Pictures or the Sage house in the Magic Realm.

I don't ask for the prettiest houses ever, just something that isn't so basic.
    Compare any of the new houses with community lots in Willow Creek. What happened ?
    happyopi wrote: »
    EAxis put less and less efforts in premade houses. It's just boxes, with basic roof and zero love for architectural details.

They say it's for low end computers to load the lots, but I think because players are encouraged to download on the gallery (or renovate themselves), they don't put effort in it.
    Except they don't put effort anywhere, including non-editable lots by defaut, like Studios Plumbob or the Sage house in the Magic Realm.

I don't ask for the prettiest houses ever, just something that isn't so basic.
    Compare any of the new houses with community lots in Willow Creek. What happened?

I think the Mystic Manor looks awesome tbh...

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    treece01 wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe they just figured everyone's just going to bulldoze them anyways so they didn't put much effort into it. I wonder if any were just base game recycles like in strangerville?

I hope they did. I'd atleast expect for the new houses to have the new furniture that comes with Realm Of Magic.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Depending on how I feel about the family in the big house, I'll probably move them onto a smaller lot and use their house for my magic school. If I can't get it to work though, I already have two magic schools on Windenburg's island.

I want to keep that empty lot and use it as camping grounds. During holidays, it'll be changed into fair grounds with tons of witch-related stuff. I'll use my library to switch between designs instantly.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
    Anyone else in love with GB's icon?
  • TheSpeakerTheSpeaker Posts: 31 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Depending on how I feel about the family in the big house, I'll probably move them onto a smaller lot and use their house for my magic school. If I can't get it to work though, I already have two magic schools on Windenburg's island.

I want to keep that empty lot and use it as camping grounds. During holidays, it'll be changed into fair grounds with tons of witch-related stuff. I'll use my library to switch between designs instantly.

That's a great idea. I think I'll use Windenburg's Island in my game for a small magic community with a school.
    Magic Realm: Windenburg Campus
    I'll probably use Glimmer as is but might change the bar.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2019

Yeah I was thinking about using the big house for that too. It annoys me a little that there isn't a single free, large lot xD I had spent a while building my magic school only to find out it's probably too big to fit on any of these lots, except maybe one that's already been built on. Really wondering if I could use that large house for the school or not :/ maybe the family is really cool. We'll have to see I guess. It's, again, the only disappointing thing I've heard so far. I just don't see how I can fit an entire school on a 20*30 lot 😅

ETA: if it doesn't fit I'll just leave the school where it is now, GF, and consider it a getaway for magic school - as in I'll make an annual holiday for them where they're going off to GF to learn Herbalism and fly around the forest xD
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Do you realise this might actually be the first world released after seasons to have snow in winter.

Looks pretty from the little glimpse we had so far.

Umm, Newcrest snows heavily, and there is snow in Willow Creek, Windenburg, Brindleton Bay, San Myshuno, Granite Falls, Magnolia Promenade
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    troshalom wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Do you realise this might actually be the first world released after seasons to have snow in winter.

Looks pretty from the little glimpse we had so far.

Umm, Newcrest snows heavily, and there is snow in Willow Creek, Windenburg, Brindleton Bay, San Myshuno, Granite Falls, Magnolia Promenade

Yeah but all of those were released before Seasons, which I believe was Atreya33's point :D
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yeah I was thinking about using the big house for that too. It annoys me a little that there isn't a single free, large lot xD I had spent a while building my magic school only to find out it's probably too big to fit on any of these lots, except maybe one that's already been built on. Really wondering if I could use that large house for the school or not :/ maybe the family is really cool. We'll have to see I guess. It's, again, the only disappointing thing I've heard so far. I just don't see how I can fit an entire school on a 20*30 lot 😅

ETA: if it doesn't fit I'll just leave the school where it is now, GF, and consider it a getaway for magic school - as in I'll make an annual holiday for them where they're going off to GF to learn Herbalism and fly around the forest xD

So I did manage to cram my school on a 20x30 lot. It's a little crowded but I guess it works? Can't wait to take out half the stuff that's in it to replace it with RoM stuff :D
    jNtRzPV.jpg