Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving Background

In my current Sims game, a Sim and her closest friends on vacation in Sunlit Tides. I wanted to do something that involving them driving, like they do in this video....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04Rgfxrlxew&t=56s

How on Earth can I make that happen? What are your tips?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @ilikethesims30

As a player who uses a lot of umpa dance mods in my game my first thought was you are going to need a animation mod to make this work

Then I discovered while searching for a chatting inside the car mod it also states in the mod description that you also need the pose player as well and these are both available on the following links

pose player

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=438706

animation player

http://linna.modthesims.info/download.php?t=441682

both the above will show up in your game as an object which will require placing closeby to your sims you wish the pose/animation you want it to work on.

Last but not least you are going to have to download the creator animation mod (which is placed in your mods folder in my documents) to make all the animations work and come together.

The talking in the car codes that need adding to your animation player (and presumably the pose player but not sure on that) are as follows below which I extracted from the actual car talking mod to make sure it download okay (however there are a lot more than this small list i paste here)

a2o_sedan_drive_driver_x - static
    a_car_driver_talk01
    a_car_driver_talk02
    a_car_driver_talk03
    a_car_driver_talk04
    a_car_driver_talk05
    a_car_driver_talk06
    a_car_driver_talk07
    a_car_driver_talk08
    a_car_driver_talk09

An example of the animation player is in this pic of my teen dance group i play with just with using the animation player object (not the pose player as not required for the dance sequences) and you can see it in front of the group as a small black box in front of the floor lights and this is what you click on and add the codes similar to the ones shown above to make my sims dance the animations i want them to.

9bfAjvv.jpg

I found a mod creator on youtube for the inside car chatting animation you need but I have not used this myself.. I did download the mod from the mediafire link provided and it does work and provides the mod and the animation codes (a sample shown above) you would need to use in the animation player. (and presumably the pose player)

I also downloaded the pose player from the link above and there were 3 options and I have no real clue which one might be required as I have not used or required a pose player mod before in my game as i only play with the animation player so hopefully another player may drop by and explain that better than me however there is also an instruction link under the video on youtube just make sure when you click on this link to translate the text under the video to English as it is a different language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhhhY5FFHi0

I hope you are able to make sense of some of my explanations-)

Good luck :)

• ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    edited September 2019
    A little more info on how to do the moving background! Sparky1922 has given you a lot on the poses and animations.

To get the moving background you have to do a green screen. So build a square box, paint the walls bright green and use the debug lights to brighten them. Place the animation player anywhere and type in the codes. Film the sims doing the animation with the green screen in the background. Then film the scene you want them to be driving through. You need to learn how to use the green screen settings in your editor to put the two together and edit out the green so it looks like they are driving through your scene.

I'll warn you also that you need to watch your angles. For instance, don't film anything through the windshield or you will have two separate colors of green screen and that will be hard to edit. Also don't have anything bright green on your sims or it will wreak havoc with erasing the green. Just play with it until you get a feel for it.

Here is an example of a couple on a motorcycle (Jared Frio and Lolita if you know SV townies). This was my first green screen and it started at 4:32 of this video. This was my beginner effort so not the greatest but it's probably good that you can see 'how' it's done because of my mistakes! To see perfection, watch any of Remi's videos. He's the king of green screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmbDef3izVI
    edited September 2019
    Also, besides Pixiedust machinima, Lonewolf Simmer has some excellent car animations. Here's her channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLOAfwDJIvZtd8CVZ1x9gFg

For a 10 year old game there's still a lot of animations flying around out there if you look!

Edit to add: You don't need the pose player unless you are doing still poses.
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    Gosh it's amazing what people can do with the Sims 3 and using a few mods.......

:star:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @emorrill That's for sure! Love your new siggy :kissing:
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
    @ZeeGee Thank you. :blush:

And I LOVE your videos! <3<3 Anxiously looking forward to the next one. ;):kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
    @ZeeGee

Thank you for coming along and explaining further I had no idea about a green screen or what one was so I have learned something new and while I am reasonably adapt with the animation player I have never used the pose player because I see that as something a video creator like yourself would use more for your stories and I simply don't feel I am clever enough to make that work personally but you sure are as your videos are great :)

Thank you for the extra links as well I will take a look at those as well.

Just to clarify when you wrote Edit to add: You don't need the pose player unless you are doing still poses does that mean a pose player is not necessary for the car talking animations at all then because while I was copying and pasting the info from the creator page I kept thinking why is the pose player required this appears to be more of an animation but that aside I had no idea whatsoever how the heck the animation could look as if it took place in a car as it's so much easier just turning on MOO and making sims dance together on a stage or whatever lol :)

@emorrill

Agreed there are some very talented creators on these forums I often use @Karritz video instructions as well i think the last one was when I successfully completed making/adding dive spots to other worlds than IP and felt very proud of myself in that moment after completing that lol

emorrill wrote: »
    @ZeeGee Thank you. :blush:

And I LOVE your videos! <3<3 Anxiously looking forward to the next one. ;):kissing_heart:

@emorrill Thank you for that! It is such slow going now but I'm getting there, about halfway through maybe. :)

@SPARKY1922 Thank you so much! Yes that's correct, you don't need the pose player unless you're doing still poses. A lot of creators use it to pose their sims for pictures because the sim holds the pose and doesn't move. So that doesn't work well for video. If you can use the animation player you are certainly clever enough to use pose player because the animation player is more complicated. With pose player you don't have to type in the codes and there is a mod that you can just click on the sim and choose a pose. (If it's pose list enabled which most of them are)!

I'm headed out but will add a few links later to the pose mods and some pics. :)
    @ZeeGee

Trust me to choose the hardest of the 2 first that's typical lol I look forward to seeing more pics when you have the time :)
    @SPARKY1922 Lol, well now you'll find it easier going backwards. :)

So here's an example of 'green screen' that I'm working on right now. I used blue instead of green because of the eyeglass reflection. You can use any color as long as the color is not in something that you wouldn't want to disappear like eyes or clothes.

0Edo2L8.jpg

This is a playlist someone made of Sims 3 animations:

This is an AMAZING resource for animations. There are so many it's hard to get straight and this girl created a picture book of some of the best animators creations to remind you of what the animation looks like. The link to the document is in the description of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0stbZkGt5Y

Here are my two favorite pose sites, again these are still poses, no movement. I don't use them much anymore since learning to use animation for videos. You do need the pose mod to use these.

www.posesbybee.com

https://blamsposessims3.wordpress.com/
    And how could I forget this! This is not a tutorial but Remi shows how he uses green screen to produce his completely freaking amazing videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48fzsSf_5-E
    @ZeeGee

Thanks for a look at what a screen looks like and from this (and by this I mean a very limited knowledge and assumption on the subject-) you would need to run some sort of background screen as outlined in Remi's video then use the pose and/or animation player to make the sims look as you want them to then after all that add the music? If so that is some serious creative work going on there as it must take a lot of time an effort to get to the end result which shows just how much talent and creativity you all have :)

The requests animation video is awesome I have been looking for some vampire animations for ages and I adore the TS2 animation of a child dancing on another sims feet I can sit and watch that over and over today directly in the game.

I laughed at the animation book video as I am sure many creators looking for animation poses must find it a very time consuming job.

Lastly that's an awesome video showing how backgrounds are added but I am quite sure it's not as easy as it was made to look-)

I signed into youtube and subscribed to all 3 creators so I don't forget so thanks for sharing all the videos and links much appreciated :)

I am beginning to wonder if the OP has been scared off with the look of how hard it is to do lol
  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    @SPARKY1922 : It does look hard, but I just logged after a while of not being on the forum.
    @ilikethesims30

I was just joking :) I know sometimes in the past I have thought about something I have seen and wanted to replicate it then spent weeks making it happen because it was harder than I thought it was going to be.. Maybe you could start with the pose/animation player then move on?

After all the videos and links @ZeeGee posted it is making me wanting to go learn some more while the other side of my head is screaming don't you dare you will be lost for weeks haha :)

SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    After all the videos and links @ZeeGee posted it is making me wanting to go learn some more while the other side of my head is screaming don't you dare you will be lost for weeks haha :)

@SPARKY1922 More like YEARS instead of weeks lol. Depending on how much time you have. I started a couple of years ago and still have so very much to learn. But if you look at my very first video of Claire Ursine's story and my very last video of the Prequel, I've come a long way!

Very first machinima:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZTU5BHihO8&amp;t=47s

The Prequel finale:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmLsPexMuc
    @ilikethesims30 It's a lot of skills to learn but you can do it!
  • ilikethesims30ilikethesims30 Posts: 556 Member
    You two are great. One more thing? Can Sims actually sit in those bleachers that came with...one of the expansion packs or venues? If not, can you teach me how to make some?

Thanks for all of your help :smile: .
    Sims 3 doesn’t have bleachers that I’m aware of. You can use stairs to create a bleachers look but would have to pose or animate the sims and use OMSP to get them to sit on the stairs and in the right place.
    @ZeeGee

I laughed so hard when you said years not weeks lol I can well imagine and oh my goodness those videos like night and day but I bet you were so proud of them both for different reasons at different times as you should be. You have clearly come along way you need to link me to your youtube account if you have one so i can subscribe :)
    @SPARKY1922 Thank you and yes I was! But I actually hid the videos of Claire Ursine for months because I was so embarrassed by my beginning efforts. Then several people messaged me asking to see them again. :neutral: I do still love her story and I fully intend to go back some day and refilm it and do a much better job. :smiley:

Here's a link to my channel. I love seeing the subscriber number go up!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChLmSqcXTebhy0e6Qupqbpw?view_as=subscriber

Here are the playlists for my series:

First is Claire's story:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZTU5BHihO8&amp;list=PLrbiXzbuFmqEUSq7Sl4QoPCU24zpDHBoy

This is the Prequel: Cornelia Goth as a teenager and her little sister, Agnes Crumplebottom as a child - how they came to Sunset Valley and met the Goths.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaRDPFEqYq4&amp;list=PLrbiXzbuFmqEAFErhB22HbOvMPEc6UqUu

The Sequel: Which picks up where Sunset Valley boots up!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PblQBXtqRfo&amp;list=PLrbiXzbuFmqEMu-FQzoHgvht0laMp9uix
    @ZeeGee

Subscribed and I will get to working my way through the videos and tutorials (in some cases) and OMG is THAT Mrs crumplebottom AKA the handbag I can see in the Sequel pic because I adore her and have searched forever for an NPC version of her I can stuck in my 3 game lol :)
    @SPARKY1922 Lol, I plead the fifth but Agnes does have a handbag :lol: You'll see her story in the Prequel. :) Thanks for subscribing.
    @ZeeGee

You are welcome I tend to forget about you tube because i am so focused on my games then all of a sudden I spend several days there and will comment as I go along :)