Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Did Yesterday Convince You?

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Was going to buy it before today's vids
    All the trailer did was make me want it more.

This.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I’m still bitter hopeful but bitter. Over all I like the pack it’s just

I hate they made sages static NPCs why? I’m pretty sure the realm will continue to exist just fine without a sage.

You can play them though? They'll just be replaced with new ones. Or why don't you like them? I think it's cool, personally, I always like worlds to have something unique like the mother in Strangerville.

I think people were maybe hoping they could BE a Sage, which isn't possible because of the "once you take control of one, they'll get replaced" (the way maids and such work).
    Personally, I like that they stay NPCs.
    The fact alone that they're the only ones to teach a Spellcaster the three special spells is reason enough why the world wouldn't be the same without them.

Will our Sim ever become a sage and able to teach others? If not, bummer. Since we could become a master vampire and teach others.

@darrenfroggy oh that could be it ok. I prefer them being NPCs but I guess if you really want to be a sage that could be annoying.

@Cinebar actually I'm pretty sure they said during the stream that you can teach magic to other sims! And even turn them magical, just like vampires can. Lest I remember it wrong.

Thanks! that would add a lot to a story where your Sim could look like an ancient sage and have more powers than all. :D and bless someone who really didn't want any part of magic with magic. :p
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited September 2019

I hate they made sages static NPCs why? I’m pretty sure the realm will continue to exist just fine without a sage.

You can play them though? They'll just be replaced with new ones. Or why don't you like them? I think it's cool, personally, I always like worlds to have something unique like the mother in Strangerville.

I think people were maybe hoping they could BE a Sage, which isn't possible because of the "once you take control of one, they'll get replaced" (the way maids and such work).
    The fact alone that they're the only ones to teach a Spellcaster the three special spells is reason enough why the world wouldn't be the same without them.

Will our Sim ever become a sage and able to teach others? If not, bummer. Since we could become a master vampire and teach others.

At the very least, you can learn a spell to turn other Sims into spellcasters. The spells themselves can, I believe, only be learned from spellbooks instead of from another Sim.

The magic system is different than the vampire one - there isn't a dark or light branch, but there is one for each type of magic and then general perks. I think, because of the magic styles/types, they didn't include the overall master status (so players can stick to just the one they're interested in, like mischief). I do think you can teach and help others (minus the specific top spells that only the Sages know) with their magic progression.
    The Sages are definitely strictly NPC though, you can't become one.

Also, to answer your earlier question: curses are from backfiring magic practice & aren't timed. They CAN be removed with a potion or by removing the spellcaster lifestate (but you won't be able to immediately become one again, there's a timeout on that). Turning a Sim into something is temporary & the spells' duration I think depends on your spellcaster's abilities.
    Tbf, they left a lot of the "how bad can you go" open for players to explore.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

At the very least, you can learn a spell to turn other Sims into spellcasters. The spells themselves can, I believe, only be learned from spellbooks instead of from another Sim.

The magic system is different than the vampire one - there isn't a dark or light branch, but there is one for each type of magic and then general perks. I think, because of the magic styles/types, they didn't include the overall master status (so players can stick to just the one they're interested in, like mischief). I do think you can teach and help others (minus the specific top spells that only the Sages know) with their magic progression.
    The Sages are definitely strictly NPC though, you can't become one.

Thank you. If I got this I would pick the most devious. And then maybe another character like Bonnie (Vampire Diaries) to be more pratical and more helpful type. And Gandalf to hold the most skills and potions or whatever is the top of one of them. It's too bad we can't switch back and forth from the three to play some fell to the darker forces of magic.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes
    As I’m not a big occult fan I wasn’t sure if I wanted ROM however l love the cas and build/buy and it’s a pack I will buy at some point either in a sale or a bundle
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    ....why isn't there an option that you are waiting on reviews first? Or something similar?
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019

I’m very controlling, I like worlds that add stories too, I just don’t like it when someone else’s story, overshadows mine, I feel threatened when that happens. Now I feel I have to Find a place for them in my story. I’d prefer to have put my sims to fill positions and carry out certain roles.

I had other plans for the Realm of Magic, to turn world into a Prison for my Evil Sorcerer in the end.

But if the sages are always going to be there... I guess they can be the guards to make sure he doesn’t escape. Instead of using magic to stabilize what’s left of the Realm of Magic use their powers to contain my sorcerer forever In the realm of magic.

I suppose I could Cas.Fulleditmode the Sages and change them completely. Give them a whole new identity, to make them my own. And have them work under my Archmage and the Mages Council.

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    It was a nice trailer and a nice stream though ! SimGuruNinja and SimGuruRomeo are my favorite to have on livestreams.

I agree, Love when they do live streams
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited September 2019
    No.`` Except making potions, there's not that much to do. Already know it's gonna be boring after a few hours.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I was gonna get it regardless
  • RebeckaGabriellaRebeckaGabriella Posts: 23 Member
    I love everything magic, there's no convincing needed
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited September 2019
    idk I am sure of needing everything in this pack as occult player and been since first trailer so I will get it eventually

but just a tiny bit unsure if it is "enough" of new since I saw there was quite a chunk of spells with effects that are already in the game if you own vampires and cheat some

so I will maybe watch some reviews to see all it adds first and then think how soon I need this pack and if i can wait a sale

also it sort of annoys me already how there is only 3 foods for cauldron since i just know its going to be my main cooking method once i get this pack
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    Yes for me.

Unfortunately I will not be updating my game anytime soon due to recent... events, and so will not likely be buying it anyway.

It looks awesome though, more than half of the spells I was hoping for are in there and then some.

—T
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yes
    Simmingal wrote: »

also it sort of annoys me already how there is only 3 foods for cauldron since i just know its going to be my main cooking method once i get this pack

I agree. I hope someone will mod it to make more foods. Clam chowder, for instance, would be a good addition.
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    I didn't need convincing. They had me at the word 'magic'.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    telemwill wrote: »

I agree. I hope someone will mod it to make more foods. Clam chowder, for instance, would be a good addition.

Right what was up with that? They should have just connected food spells and cooking in cauldrons to Homestyle Cooking, Gourmet cooking and baking. and as long as you know the recipe you can conjure any food you want.

Clam chowder would be great.
    I wouldn't mind a Cauldron of chocolate fondue. or Nectar To say if you're having a Party you can serve nectar, root beer and other drinks out of the cauldron. Apple Cider. Oh we probably can't bob for apples with it. Someone needs to mod that in for sure.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I buy everything even though I don't enjoy fantasy gameplay, but I still had some hope it might be fun. Judging by the trailer and walkthrough, though, it looks VERY boring. All of the "gameplay" seems to be centered on pressing buttons in an on-screen journal.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Again another option is needed. What the LS video did was provide detailed information on the contents and operation of the pack. To be fair, the CAS & bb look very good and useable in more situations than just the magic world. Would have been nice for the ahchemy to be done by non-spellcasters as that is one of the foundations of modern chemestry, thus more science than magic, and anyone can learn how to make things from herbs, crystals, and other naturally occurring substances.
  • citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I didn't get to watch much of the stream but I liked what I did see and I was already going to buy it anyway.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited September 2019
    ....why isn't there an option that you are waiting on reviews first? Or something similar?

Cuz... I'm asking if your going to buy this based solely from 2nd trailer and LS or if you were already ready to buy it cuz you love the Occult? (or just really want art deco BM items...)
    Post edited by WolfNate on
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    I tuned in to the livestream, but was too busy to actually watch, lol. I've decided not to watch it so I can discover more on my own.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    This pack was gonna be mine from the getgo. The stream only convinced me to buy it on release. I only have a few mini issues with the pack, but with all the info we have from it, I really wish someone takes my shift on Tuesday so that I can spend all day on it! And plus Im basically getting this for free thanks to birthday money lol.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member

Right what was up with that? They should have just connected food spells and cooking in cauldrons to Homestyle Cooking, Gourmet cooking and baking. and you can conjure any food you want.

Clam chowder would be great.
    I wouldn't mind a Cauldron of chocolate fondue. or Nectar To say if you're having a Party you can serve nectar, root beer and other drinks out of the cauldron. Apple Cider. Oh we probably can't bob for apples with it. Someone needs to mod that in for sure.

how bout kava cauldron :joy: that could be...interesting
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes
    I am intrigued by the video as I love Fantasy/Magic and it may be right up there with GT as one of my favorite pack as an GP and in some way I wish it could have been an EP with more offerings and not just in CAS. I can overlook the lots and such as I can do an little work with them. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes
    I mean, what kind of cauldron doesn't make jam ?