Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighbourhood Pet Adoption Center at its finest...

Now the N.P.A.C. has done it again... twice :o:D

The first time with 3 white cats added to the household, exceeding the 10 max limit by 1:

7Rgu6WO.png

And the next time this:

2fbRpgX.png

y3Vt9Ah.png

Comments

• rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited September 2019
    :disappointed: The pets are so cute, but whenever I encountered a dog, cat, or even raccoon in my game my computer would freeze up and crash. So I'm stuck with birds, turtles, rodents and the other minor pets until I get a new computer.

And I have a big time love for dogs and cats. As for dogs, I prefer small breeds, but Labradors are so sweet.

On TS3, I'd get... Border Collie, German Shepherd, Beagle, Bichon Frise, Boston Terrier, Chihuahua, Cocker Spaniel, Dachshund, Jack Russel Terrier, Pekingese, Pomeranian, Poodle, Pug, Puggle, Shetland Sheepdog, Shih Tzu, or Yorkshire Terrier.

As for cats... American Shorthair, Calico, Persian, Shorthair Tabby, Siamese or Tuxedo

Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SuzyCue72

are you saying all these extra pets were added to your household without your consent lol :)

I have never experienced a real problem with pets in my game but maybe that many would make the game crash-)

@rubyskywalker

just encountering one animal in the game would make your game crash? heck I am glad that does not happen to me but then i do control the animal population with Nraas mods.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2019
    It should perhaps be noted again that the Neighborhood Pet Adoption scenario does not trigger by an option that can be set in NRaas Overwatch and will not happen at all in any event if NRaas StoryProgression is in play because of how unrealistic and prone to errors it can be. There are plenty of other ways that pets work their way into our resident households without that one running; I think perhaps EA might have seen it as a way to jumpstart sims having pets into our games when the EP was new, but like so many other things it more than gets carried away with itself.

The OP is not using mods, but for those of us who are it can be easy to forget sometimes that which we never see in our games anymore. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    ^ NRaas Overwatch mod is one of the best of the best for this very reason. :mrgreen:

Your post made me laugh @SuzyCue72 :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    @SPARKY1922 yep... It's soooo hard since all that I can really have on it is minor pets, horses, unicorns and deer are ok. I really miss the idea of raccoons tipping the garbage over or a stray pup finding it's way to my sims' porch... :cry: oh well...
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @SuzyCue72

are you saying all these extra pets were added to your household without your consent lol :)

I have never experienced a real problem with pets in my game but maybe that many would make the game crash-)

@SPARKY1922 - No, thankfully it's only the inactive households that have the dubious pleasure of being appointed Neighbourhood Pet Adoption Center. :)

igazor wrote: »
    It should perhaps be noted again that the Neighborhood Pet Adoption scenario does not trigger by an option that can be set in NRaas Overwatch and will not happen at all in any event if NRaas StoryProgression is in play because of how unrealistic and prone to errors it can be. There are plenty of other ways that pets work their way into our resident households without that one running; I think perhaps EA might have seen it as a way to jumpstart sims having pets into our games when the EP was new, but like so many other things it more than gets carried away with itself.

The OP is not using mods, but for those of us who are it can be easy to forget sometimes that which we never see in our games anymore. :)

@igazor - "Unrealistic", what are you talking about?!? 4 horses standing in the flowerbeds on a 20x20 garden lot, isn't that perfectly normal?!? Of course it is! Stop being such a nitpicker all the time! ;):D

emorrill wrote: »
    ^ NRaas Overwatch mod is one of the best of the best for this very reason. :mrgreen:

Your post made me laugh @SuzyCue72 :lol:

@emorrill - So far this N.P.A.C. feature has only been a minor annoyance at times, not a real problem, game breaking, or anything bad like that, but if I get seriously fed up with it eventually, maybe I'll head over to iggzy's favorite place, the Nraas Headquarters, and see what they've got to offer.

Thanks, that was the intention :)

Those little simmies, they've been laughed at so many times by so many people throughout the years... for almost 20 years now... fortunately their feelings can't get hurt... otherwise they would have been emotionally traumatised beyond repair by now, poor things...

@rubyskywalker - I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your game due to the computer not being quite up to the task. :( Hopefully you'll be able to get a stronger one some time in the future, the sooner the better. :)
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,119 Member
    @SuzyCue72
    Those little simmies, they've been laughed at so many times by so many people throughout the years... for almost 20 years now... fortunately their feelings can't get hurt... otherwise they would have been emotionally traumatized beyond repair by now, poor things...
    ^ :joy:
    Totally true! I like your sense of humor! :lol:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2019
    SuzyCue72 wrote: »

@igazor - "Unrealistic", what are you talking about?!? 4 horses standing in the flowerbeds on a 20x20 garden lot, isn't that perfectly normal?!? Of course it is! Stop being such a nitpicker all the time! ;):D
    No, I won't stop, you can't make me, and...and...if you don't stop picking on me then "I'm telling!" and ooh, you're gonna get it! >:):p

I don't care how small the lot is or how fond your mama horsie and newborn ponies are of unusually small spaces and flowerbeds. Who are their genetic parents? That's the unrealistic part, these baby animals appear spontaneously, the parent animal if there even always is one was never mated nor did they become pregnant by way of another animal, and the babies just disappear if they aren't adopted. Those are the unrealistic parts.

The prone to error part is worse, it's when the scenario gets stuck running forever and potentially breaks the ongoing game by doing so.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net