Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

1940s Pack

2...Next

Comments

• KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    mika wrote: »
    No thanks. That wasn't a good time period for people like me.

Besides the chauvinism, the racism, and the homophobia...

I would love that. The 40's had such a classy fashion style, and the objects were so cute. I would like to see them adding an option for you to subscribe to receive newspaper too. My father is older, and he still reads newspaper, and thats so cute, i miss it in Sims. Maybe in a Elders GP? With the 40's theme for the fashion/furtniture? What about landlines? I really want the option to have telephones, and disable the smartphones whenever i want.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    All of the above and 70s/80s/90s pack. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • julieholmesbrownjulieholmesbrown Posts: 2 New Member
    I love this idea
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    only if there were packs for other decades as well. A lot of clothes for children
    6adMCGP.gif
  • munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    I'd love a pack like the 70s 80s and 90s sruff, but 40s, 50s and 60s! Loads of victory roll hairstyles, a Rosie the Riveter inspired look (bandana hair, denim body suit and Sim on the cover), circle skirts, record player, brogues and Simlish Elvis!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    They really should do decades stuff packs, and include clothing for all ages.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Whether it's the 30s or 40s who wouldn't want to create a woman wearing this dress with that hairstyle:
    c897e94a007f71fc2631089cd1702642.jpg

Me. That's an ugly dress.

I like the dress a lot <3
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    agree with a 1940's pack,

clothing
    kitchen
    bathroom
    bedrooms
    living spaces
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah I know we got Vintage Glamour Stuff, but I would love another i think the first chunk of the 20th century fashion was amazing, I would love another, Great Gatsby Styled pack.
    And If it came with Werewolves, it has my stamp of approval.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • sixdeadqueenssixdeadqueens Posts: 225 Member
    This and other Retro items and periods would be a phenomenal feature! I think it would be fun to have asewing/knitting/crochet skills added, and maybe you could unlocks new clothing options as you mater them.. and a seamstress career!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited September 2019
    I really want a retro pack!
    We need old TVs like this
    mJYkSs0.png
    a256aFi.gif
    mJYkSs0.png

they would be in a 50s packs. What would be in a 20-40s decade packs would be something like this:downton-abbey-and-the-radio.jpg
    6adMCGP.gif
    BTW if we have at least a late 1800s (19th century) and early 1900s (1901-1928).. could we have fashion like what is seen in Downton abbey. Also some servant wear for if Simmers are storytellers WE can dress sims we want to be our "toffs".. servants?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    mJYkSs0.png

they would be in a 50s packs. What would be in a 20-40s decade packs would be something like this:downton-abbey-and-the-radio.jpg

can I just have both so i can have ancient family learning how tvs work and grandma saying tvs are the work of evil :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »
    mJYkSs0.png

can I just have both so i can have ancient family learning how tvs work and grandma saying tvs are the work of evil :lol:

So like Dowager Countess regarding electricity? “First electricity, now telephones. Sometimes I feel as if I were living in an H.G. Wells novel.” or the phone? "Is this a instrument of communication or of torture?"
    6adMCGP.gif
    Simmingal wrote: »
    mJYkSs0.png

So like Dowager Countess regarding electricity? “First electricity, now telephones. Sometimes I feel as if I were living in an H.G. Wells novel.” or the phone? "Is this a instrument of communication or of torture?"

yes exactly that :joy:
    Speaking of the phones.. could we please get landlines.. and different styles of phones everything from wall phone (seen in Mary Poppins original movie)and hand-phone like the one Dowager countess uses to the dial circle (you have to use a circle to dial #) phone to dial button phones?
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited September 2019
    Speaking of the phones.. could we please get landlines.. and different styles of phones everything from wall phone (seen in Mary Poppins original movie)and hand-phone like the one Dowager countess uses to the dial circle (you have to use a circle to dial #) phone to dial button phones?

oh yes dial circle phone is much needed and option to disable mobile phones since not everyone owns one irl either and itd be better if it was optional since i am sick of my ancient sims taking out their phone to take selfie as if its normal
    Once I'm done with my Swanson legacy... I want to be able to do a history challenge and once I get to the 19th century I'm going to be decades mashup. But I'm going to be doing something interesting borrowing an idea from Downton Abbey TV series.. but the only problem is there isn't a lot of "Servant" wear CC around.. like I want a indoor cap like Anna's when she's the head housemaid.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • FrieaFriea Posts: 54 Member
    Now this is an idea but let me toss one at you as well! Imagine a through the decades expansion pack! Where it goes through each era with fashion from a starting point till now. I think that would be amazing and add so many different choices to the game! Id buy that in a heartbeat ♥
    fT4P3EZ.jpg
    ♥ Learn to Love Yourself