Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic SimGuru/Maxis-Sourced Info

Comments

• WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    @kalaksed Ah sorry not been on since Stream. So the mana charge system interesting... Curious how many spells you have to cast to 'upgrade' it

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member

I was waiting for toy to magically disappear and reappear like in Sims 3...
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    @Angellulu Same here. Why didn't EA bring back this little feature?

I'm not so sure. Noticeably, toddlers and children get ignored a lot especially when it comes to occult. ☹ Would've been nice to have that tiny thing, or something to tell that they're born spellcaster and not just regular human (I know you can tell by ring around plumbob, but I mean like from outside view)
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Angellulu wrote: »

I'm not so sure. Noticeably, toddlers and children get ignored a lot especially when it comes to occult. ☹ Would've been nice to have that tiny thing, or something to tell that they're born spellcaster and not just regular human (I know you can tell by ring around plumbob, but I mean like from outside view)

Didn't I hear someone say children can have familiars? Did I imagine this? But yeah I really hoped toddlers would do some small magical things like in 3
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Didn't I hear someone say children can have familiars? Did I imagine this? But yeah I really hoped toddlers would do some small magical things like in 3

Yes they can! However, having a familiar is not quite like casting spells, but I suppose I'll wait for mods to make it happen.
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Yes they can! However, having a familiar is not quite like casting spells, but I suppose I'll wait for mods to make it happen.

Thanks for confirming! :)
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    SO, magic CAN'T directly kill, even by striking with electricity twice, even by incarnate. That sucks, almost as much as that there is no rising zombies.
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

I was waiting for toy to magically disappear and reappear like in Sims 3...

Me too. What a shame.

—T
    Faust-RSI wrote: »
    SO, magic CAN'T directly kill, even by striking with electricity twice, even by incarnate. That plum, almost as much as that there is no rising zombies.

I'm not too worried myself, about no direct killing by spells, cause mods mostly fix that (I have one with vampire life drain that kills sims and mermaid when she pulls underwater it kills). But zombie thing... yeah I'm rattled I must say. I was hoping for some zombie action. Maybe I can get CC skin and...eh... it's not the same... i wonder if university could introduce zombies, cuz ya know, students are like zombies in the morning. 😆
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited September 2019
    I hate zombies so I am glad :smile:
    but this is wrong thread for chats
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    I do wonder what was happening in the trailer when Grace turned green. Is that the Strangify spell? Or maybe a curse or negative effect? She looks like a zombie though!
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited September 2019
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    I do wonder what was happening in the trailer when Grace turned green. Is that the Strangify spell? Or maybe a curse or negative effect? She looks like a zombie though!
    I believe that's a curse.
    Reminds me of a more traditional 'evil witch'.
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    Not sure if this has been shared but this is the world icon

Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• Celina_NagyCelina_Nagy Posts: 16 Member
    Is my imagination or the river (with waterfall at end) is the same at Granite Falls?
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    It's a long shot, but does anyone know the name of the song played on the trailer?
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    It's a long shot, but does anyone know the name of the song played on the trailer?
    Which trailer? For the first one it’s blood in the cut
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    Which trailer? For the first one it’s blood in the cut

Awesome! Thanks
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    Jean wrote: »

If it's a curse, then what does Strangify do?
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member

Yeah. Looks like the old green witch hag.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Faust-RSI wrote: »

If it's a curse, then what does Strangify do?

Heck if I know, its why I say 'believe'. I don't know what's fictional and factional with this pack since I've not yet played it. But from the clip we saw (the 2nd one) it is seemingly a curse.
    Err guys, not a discussion thread 😊
  • JCStormy1JCStormy1 Posts: 67 Member
    Will there be a system, like Get Famous, where you can opt out of the rest of your worlds being able to become sorcerers? Watching a livestream, I noticed that everyone from the Landgraabs to the Pancakes are suddenly made over and sorcerers.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top