Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Realm of Magic livestream

Comments

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    The Sims and The Sims 3 dragons:
    Dj6oF6P.pngptYEEoi.png

Unrelated to anything but TS1 dragons look so much better than TS3 I had to google check the games weren't inverted.
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    unknown.png

Look at it just look at it!! That cuddly dragon, that Art Deco needs panel!!!

i love the fact that they send some mensagens for us.
    I am very excited about this pack! There are so many exciting gameplay features, The Build/Buy objects are beautiful. I appreciate that they are matching and will give a real cohesive feel to a build.
    I am finding that I favour Game Packs over Stuff Packs. I enjoy the sense of purpose they provide in game. Solving the mystery of Strangerville was super fun! Embarking on a series of tests to become a Spell Caster will be interesting (^‿^) *ᕼᗩᑭᑭY*

I find myself eventually using more gamepack content than expansions in general. Amazing how better content ends up on a smaller budget than expansions.
  • Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    After watching this LS I got even more excited for this pack!
    I love the CAS and BB items and i'm in love with the stained glass windows :heart:
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Okay, just entered every Realm of Magic giveaway I could find... gotta have some chance of winning now, right?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, the art nouveau and gothic B/B and CAS styles really fit the mood of the pack. Overall the whole thing looks really well-made :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • deFafnyrdeFafnyr Posts: 10 New Member
    I'm so incredibly excited for this! Between this and the new stair function, I'm in Sim Heaven!!!! SO EXCITED!!! <3
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    One thing I'm not real keen on is the cartoony look of the familiars. I will likely add the crow to my witch along with her black cat. But mostly, I think I will stick with create a pet and make a familiar there.
  • Loves2draw1812Loves2draw1812 Posts: 168 Member
    I didn't watch the stream, just kind skipped to cas and build items. I'll discover the play elements for myself though.

I was happy when Vampires came out because of the options for vampire features in cas - tied in so well with some characters I wanted to recreate. The clothing and build items there were hit or miss, but with this pack?
    For the first time I'm going 'Oh oh I want ALL of these things!!' the style is perfect for the world I want to build ^^
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Love the stream! The items, cas, gameplay, so great. Hit most points on my wishlist, just a few missing...
    •Dragons as pets a la sims 1 style wouldve been cool.
    •toddlers and children having some powers (or like, hints of it by sparkles or such)
    •scrying ball, tarot cards, moon dial
    •horoscopes and moon cycles (maybe left for werewolves?)
    •more classic witch stuff, like smaller cauldron, pointy hats, witchy dresses (black, velvety, long and ragged with long sleeves) but that's ok, some CC can fix that
    •more spells, like for weather, frogs, frog rain? Hehe, and other fun ones. I wonder how modders can expand those? Would be very cool.

So, pretty pleased with the pack. I'm not as excited as I was with mermaids, cuz those ended up not being as fleshed out as I hoped, so my deflated balloon still needs inflating. But I'm pleasantly happy so far :)
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Is there a new trailer as well? I swear the livestream guys said there was going to be one yesterday but I can't find it?
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Is there a new trailer as well? I swear the livestream guys said there was going to be one yesterday but I can't find it?

https://youtu.be/r_J7sxZo1aA
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Thank you @Themrsg4422, I will watch it now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    One thing I'm not real keen on is the cartoony look of the familiars. I will likely add the crow to my witch along with her black cat. But mostly, I think I will stick with create a pet and make a familiar there.
    I didn't much like that either. Also I'm not a fan of art nouveau, so a lot of the BB was a little disappointing for me.

I enjoyed watching the replay, pity there was so much eating and slobbering down the mic going on though - a little off-putting.

The worlds look fantastic and I'm surprised just how impressive the magic realm is - not because it's floating in space etc, but the design of the areas around the buildings. I can't wait to move a sim into Glimmerbrook as that looks gorgeous too, and so remote. The kind of place I'd love to live. CAS was also amazing. The outfits and the accessories have really been done well.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I didn't much like that either. Also I'm not a fan of art nouveau, so a lot of the BB was a little disappointing for me.

I enjoyed watching the replay, pity there was so much eating and slobbering down the mic going on though - a little off-putting.

The worlds look fantastic and I'm surprised just how impressive the magic realm is - not because it's floating in space etc, but the design of the areas around the buildings. I can't wait to move a sim into Glimmerbrook as that looks gorgeous too, and so remote. The kind of place I'd love to live. CAS was also amazing. The outfits and the accessories have really been done well.

I'm a fan of art nouveau and art deco. The lines of the era and the intricacy of the art of the time is incredible. I have a bronze sculpture that I absolutely love....

baNMAsa.jpg
  • foxxfoxx Posts: 2 New Member
    Really excited for this one! :smile: my partner woke me up just to show me the trailer when it was first released :smiley:
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member

I'm a fan of art nouveau and art deco. The lines of the era and the intricacy of the art of the time is incredible. I have a bronze sculpture that I absolutely love....

baNMAsa.jpg

I actually love her! I was looking for a lamp not long ago, settled for something similar but she would have been perfect!!!
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Hmmm, I think this pack may work out well as I love fantasy/magic and sci fiction. However, I will wait for more definitive reviews on when I will get it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I was indifferent at first, because I didn't like how there is no second form. But thinking about it, it makes sense. Witches usually are human(oid) as well. I am in LOVE with how the needs panel looks.
    I just wish the other occults get an updated UI too.
  • RealTeacherPlaysRealTeacherPlays Posts: 40 Member
    I'm excited for the potions... is there an age-down potion LOL
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    No age-down potion, AGAIN. Is this so hard???
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited September 2019
    build/buy is so gorgeous, perfect for a fairytale cottage or tower in the sylvan glade.

i am kinda sad there's no witchy clutter though. melted candles, mortar and pestle, potion ingredients (jar of eye of newt?), a grimoire/spellbook to leave sitting out, scrolls, etc. most of all, a crystal ball. still excited for what we do get though, but i doubt there'll be another chance to add some witchy items and i hate relying on cc lol.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,873 Member
    I noticed the new kitchen counters don’t seem to have matching cabinets....
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    unknown.png

Check this perk out!
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Tuesday can't get here fast enough~
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Tuesday can't get here fast enough~

Tomorrow will help pass the time with a bajillion reviews and Let's Plays
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players