Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

countryside living expansion is probably coming soon.

TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
i made this comment back on August 21, 2019 and turns out i was right about them stairs. with that being said, i think EP08 will be about country side living / farming expansion.

edit 1: sorry for some sort of a clickbait title but i'd want a lot of people talking about this cos we have some solid hints right here everyone. uwu

edit 2: deleted the irrelevant stuff and changed the title
for now, i'm kinda basing this on facts and solid factors i guess.

as we all know, simgurugrant tweeted a few voting polls regarding possible new features and lifestates back in 2018. we had something about voting on occult life states, new stair types, and surprisingly farming as a new expansion.

the witches and mermaid lifestate were topping the voting polls.

now that we got watered-down water thriving mermaids and a wide array of witches and wizard of all sort in real of magic. that is two down and two way to go. and a sims fansite has confirmed an 8th expansion is coming this 2019. so my bet is on farming and not univeristy cos why?

the said features are finally being delivered. a university themed expansion suits best on graduation season, perhaps on June 2020, a school themed pack releasing on christmas kinda sounds silly .who would have thought that Get Famous was released on christmas and not Island lving.

im cool with having a university expansion although im just more excited for a country side farming gameplay i guess, however, i truly don't see university coming anytime sooner or later.

i know university in on high demand till this day but the polls speak to themselves. this university hype train has happened after the polls so initial decisions might have not changed.

anyways, that's the tea.
y'all got bread?
Post edited by TheIntrovertSimmer on

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited September 2019
    Get Famous was developed for at least 5 months only cos back in June 2018. YouTuber Hatsy has uploaded a Sims Machinima about a famous sim that has garnered so much traction and gained 14 million views and that's free but big marketing move for EA and they were aware of this, so, to do something about the hype, they quickly decided to develop a full expansion centered around fame and celebrity and want to rush it a soon as possible hence the underwhelming size of DSV and a lot of absent features.

anyways, that's the tea.

what
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,860 Member
    I sure hope you are right :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    edited September 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by TheIntrovertSimmer on
    y'all got bread?
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    while i think we're gonna get a farming expansion due to player-demand i think university is coming first. totally wouldn't mind farming before uni, but i think the uni players will be even more annoyed this year lol
    @Cupid A simmer Hatsy uploaded a machinima and gained over 19 million views so EA was quick and decided to develop a fame and celebrity expansion within a short period of time to live up the hype train.

that's just my theory cos that explains a lot about Del small Valley

anyways, here's the link:

SIMS 4 STORY | THE HATED CHILD (Fame Edition)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH93gTBjGXM&t=2s

del sol valley is small due to sim-population threshold and EPs take a year to create. 5 months isn't nearly enough time for even considering the concept art stage let alone doing an entire new career plus overhauling interactions to influence reputation + all the other careers to work with the fame system.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited September 2019
    To me, this all seems a little far-fetched. First of all, it'll be late fall in the northern hemisphere, where The Sims "headquarters" is located. It really doesn't make sense to release a farming pack when for most of the world it's snowing. Second, they usually give a hint to upcoming packs in other packs despite not admitting it, like the tropical calendar in Strangerville or the seasonal calendars in Cats and Dogs. There hasn't been even the slightest hint towards a Farming pack, except for a few people thinking chickens in IL were a hint towards farming. Whereas on the other hand, Univesity was mentioned in a fan mail letter you could get from a certain perk with Get Famous, and in the new "main" sims descriptions one of them is supposedly a college student. So, frankly, it seems more likely tome for a University expansion to come out this November, or next if they don't choose to go by last years pattern.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I feel bamboozled.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    I hope Sims 4 Univerity & Schools for everyone will be next. Then later they can have Sims 4 Farming. ( Hopefully with Werewolves in it).
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Remember that EA is not doing stuff on a whim. They have years of content all planned out, all in different stages of development. In no way they made Get Famous in 5 months because of a youtube video.

EA knows all too well what they are going to release and when. It's not like they decide last minute about the next pack when previous pack is released.

What I did find rather strange is their mention of a top/outfit being 'equestrian' in the RoM livestream and kinda putting emphasis on that a little too much instead of just going on.

We will see I guess. At least a farming EP is new to the franchise (not counting the store Sims 3 sets). Never really been a big fan of University, because I always thought it was a grind without much reward, but University will come in some way, I am sure.
  • To me, this all seems a little far-fetched. First of all, it'll be late fall in the northern hemisphere, where The Sims "headquarters" is located. It really doesn't make sense to release a farming pack when for most of the world it's snowing. Second, they usually give a hint to upcoming packs in other packs despite not admitting it, like the tropical calendar in Strangerville or the seasonal calendars in Cats and Dogs. There hasn't been even the slightest hint towards a Farming pack, except for a few people thinking chickens in IL were a hint towards farming. Whereas on the other hand, Univesity was mentioned in a fan mail letter you could get from a certain perk with Get Famous, and in the new "main" sims descriptions one of them is supposedly a college student. So, frankly, it seems more likely tome for a University expansion to come out this November, or next if they don't choose to go by last years pattern.

actually, there's a lot of farming references recently added in the game. there's an object from Get Famous named after the chicken coop from TS3 Store, a fence from Island Living, countryside barn painting from Seasons and a western painting of a cowboy riding a horse in StrangerVille.
    y'all got bread?
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    They do twitter polls mostly for fun. They don't use twitter poll results to make decisions.

qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • DaphneyyyDaphneyyy Posts: 70 Member
    I really hope we get University and the farming pack, they both sound very fun.
    OldfashionedDearKestrel-max-1mb.gif
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    To me, this all seems a little far-fetched. First of all, it'll be late fall in the northern hemisphere, where The Sims "headquarters" is located. It really doesn't make sense to release a farming pack when for most of the world it's snowing. Second, they usually give a hint to upcoming packs in other packs despite not admitting it, like the tropical calendar in Strangerville or the seasonal calendars in Cats and Dogs. There hasn't been even the slightest hint towards a Farming pack, except for a few people thinking chickens in IL were a hint towards farming. Whereas on the other hand, Univesity was mentioned in a fan mail letter you could get from a certain perk with Get Famous, and in the new "main" sims descriptions one of them is supposedly a college student. So, frankly, it seems more likely tome for a University expansion to come out this November, or next if they don't choose to go by last years pattern.

actually, there's a lot of farming references recently added in the game. there's an object from Get Famous named after the chicken coop from TS3 Store, a fence from Island Living, countryside barn painting from Seasons and a western painting of a cowboy riding a horse in StrangerVille.

Well then, agree to disagree.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    edited September 2019
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    What I did find rather strange is their mention of a top/outfit being 'equestrian' in the RoM livestream and kinda putting emphasis on that a little too much instead of just going on.

I think when they said equestrian in the livestream there was instant regret. That slip could indicate that there's horseback riding in the future, but I highly doubt that it does. I think the gurus just immediately feared the community would misconstrue his use of the word 'equestrian,' and so they backtracked for a bit and it got kind of awkward. I'm not saying horses will never come and I'm not even saying they won't be in the next expansion pack. But I do not think that their saying 'equestrian' was meant to be a hint that horses are coming--or even an accidental reveal of what is to come. It was just a clumsy description of the clothing and use of a sensitive word that has already inspired undue speculation.
    jadonbakes wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »

I think when they said equestrian in the livestream there was instant regret. That slip could indicate that there's horseback riding in the future, but I highly doubt that it does. I think the gurus just immediately feared the community would misconstrue his use of the word 'equestrian,' and so they backtracked for a bit and it got kind of awkward. I'm not saying horses will never come and I'm not even saying they won't be in the next expansion pack. But I do not think that their saying 'equestrian' was meant to be a hint that horses are coming--or even an accidental reveal of what is to come. It was just a clumsy description of the clothing and use of a sensitive word that has already inspired undue speculation.

Completely possible ofcourse. We have to see.

There were horses mentioned in the game code pre-cats and dogs though, so who knows maybe they have been working on them forever. ;)
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I don't think it's coming before University
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    for most of the world it's snowing.
    Unless we're in an ice age, that never happens. There is never a point when "most" of the world is getting snow. Even in winter, the entire northern hemisphere does not get covered in snow.

And anyway, when it's summer, I like to play with a cold theme, and watch wintery movies, when it's winter, I like slightly warmer themes. I'm sure there's others who would love to play with farm themes when it's winter outside.

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • it's coming. periodt
    y'all got bread?
    edited September 2019
    it's coming. periodt

Now that they seem to have expanded on the Horse coding in the game files, I can see that happening, for sure.

And I wouldn't mind that being the next EP.

Finally a new idea for once.

However I hope they bring back a Generations GP/EP too, because I feel we are missing hobbies, strollers, baby overhaul, more child activities etc for our Sims.
  • reiureyareiureya Posts: 80 Member
    Either way, I've already decided on which packs and expansions I'm getting in the next several months. I only have a small hobby fund, and I get money for Xmas and my Birthday. That's what I use to buy Sims 4 stuff, which I don't buy much. That being said, after Get Together, Realm of Magic, the Halloween Stuff pack, and the Romantic Gardens Stuff pack, I would probably get Island Living and either of those expansions. Personally, there are a few packs and an expansion I don't ever intend to buy >.> but that's personal taste. If I had to weigh between College and Farming..... I would rather have farming. I went to college irl.... I went to college in Sims 2.... I don't really feel like it's something that's necessary for me. I WOULD like them to bring back systems such as boarding school, expand on after school activities, and that sort of thing. Those are systems and objects I can get behind. Heck... I'd love it, if they would bring in exercise bikes, slides for older kids, and the child stoves. I don't see them ever doing that, but it would be nice. Farming would be a little more relaxing than college work.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Besides the spiral stairs winning the vote and us getting the other stair options it sure looks like these polls were put out just before or during development of these items and obviously they went with the L-shape because it did not require new animations.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    To me, this all seems a little far-fetched. First of all, it'll be late fall in the northern hemisphere, where The Sims "headquarters" is located. It really doesn't make sense to release a farming pack when for most of the world it's snowing.

Actually, it totally makes sense, although this is why I think it would be most fitting to get it in February rather than November. If you farm, or garden, in real life, you know that you start to plan for the next growing season during the winter. In, say, North America, it is common to buy seeds around December-January, plan out your garden over the winter, and start your seeds indoors in early February-early March depending on your region. So winter is exactly the period that you are dreaming of spring and starting new life inside so that you can entertain yourself just as you are getting tired of all the bleak weather outside. I love the idea of having my little seeds poking out of the dirt in pots inside my actual house, at the same time that I'm planning and creating crops inside the game.
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I really hope it will be coming soon!
    a256aFi.gif
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Farming would be a good expansion, just as long as it isn't rushed like that get famous where only career you get most famous out of it is Actor.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    edited September 2019
    I really hope we do get a Farming / Country Living EP, perhaps the latter a little more, with the ability to buy lots as fields or pastures, as we can already with businesses. That way you can grow more crops and still be able to harvest them without having to make the lot retail. However, I truly hope it is nothing like GF. It's my least favourite EP.

I hope whatever new packs come, of whatever size, the team take on board the recent constructive criticism about the lack of quality control, it really needs to be addressed.
    Post edited by LMcGE on
  • XxAkiraXx1XxAkiraXx1 Posts: 1,065 Member
    I would pay full price just for horses but a country living pack would be my top pick!