Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Morgyn

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
Welcome to the Realm of Morgyn, a thread to discuss all things Morgan Morgyn!
Play ideas, speculation, reactions and opinions are all welcome to this thread!
The-Sims-4%E2%84%A2-Realm-of-Magic-Official-Gameplay-141.jpg

Have you perhaps already thought about how you are going to use this character in your game?
Do you feel they named this character right?
Are you excited to meet Morgyn or perhaps *shocked gasp* you don't like Morgyn?
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sage of the Untamed is interesting, and so is that voiceover, which manages to straddle the gender binary just as much as Morgyn's name and presentation do. I wonder whether they'll have some sort of custom gender setting. It would make sense for an Untamed adept not to care to be pigeonholed.

Also, my 3rd Gen heir may already have his crush. Slow down, Darian - you aren't even a Teen yet!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Morgyn is a great name, although I kind of got used to thinking of this Sim as Cade. :)
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2019
    comment withdrawn - I meant to post that elsewhere
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have this feeling he may have bumped off the sage in the trailer in the black dress in the trailer? :U I didn't see her in the gameplay and I thought she may be a sage given the trailer, B U T....she seems to be M.I.A.

:# I don't trust him.

Morgyn is very sus right now.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,776 Member
    I am not sure should I even say this out loud :smiley:
    Unfortunately, and most likely I will be the onlyone, LOL, who belongs to that "shocked gasp" - group :smile: Sorry <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    He's getting deleted and replaced in my game.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I thought his voice was great, really mysterious and I cannot wait to see him interact with my new sim I will be making for this. This is so exciting, and he is so so so cool
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    I am not sure should I even say this out loud :smiley:
    Unfortunately, and most likely I will be the onlyone, LOL, who belongs to that "shocked gasp" - group :smile: Sorry <3

It's okay :joy: not all of us like the same kind of characters after all :smile:

is there any RoM premade you are particularily fond of?
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Wow. An androgynous voice is "slimy"? I like Morgyn and look forward to my Sims meeting them.

His voice IS slimy, and it was unambiguously male to me--nothing androgynous about him imo although others are free to see him that way. His voice being irritating has nothing to do with androgyny so don't try to twist people's innocent opinions into something else.
    Simmingal wrote: »

is there any RoM premade you are particularily fond of?
    Yeah, that black haired dude who looked grumpy at the first trailer :D

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited September 2019
    Personally I didn't really like morgyn in first trailer but the gameplay one changed my mind

was getting concerned it might be one of the cheesy hero characters but now that it turns out there is other side to this chara consider me very intrigued :sunglasses:
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited September 2019
    He'll make great target practice.

I'm wondering who voices him, because they had some excellent line delivery. He sounds a lot like Jim Rash, who plays Marcus in Mike Tyson Mysteries.

EDIT: It's Ken Chen.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    I like that he got a backstory with the trailer. It gives him more depth. He clearly was not a sage in the first trailer so how did he become one? And I wonder what happened to the other sage that made him into a spellcaster in the trailer...
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I liked him before for his Newt Scamander vibes, now, after the reveal I not just like, but absolutely ADORE Morgyn. He's definitely not lacking in self-confidence, that much is certain!
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I like that he got a backstory with the trailer. It gives him more depth. He clearly was not a sage in the first trailer so how did he become one? And I wonder what happened to the other sage that made him into a spellcaster in the trailer...

i was think maybe he pratice for a long time and become a great spellcaster, maybe he defied or even kicked out the old sage and stood in her place, a little lost in his senses, at least that's what I felt listening to his slightly altered narration. Actually talk about gameplay when i saw he like a sage a sure we could become a one
    edited September 2019
    Oh and one more thing.. MAYBE it is because I have watched (and read) too much LOTR, but he , and maybe also the female in the second trailer simply are too youg to be "so wise and powerful" :D (Yes I blame LOTR) :)

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    I don't think the first trailer and this one are in the same continuity. Anansi seemed to be a pre-established spellcaster in the first one, when Morgs was a newb. Here, she's the newcomer.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    He's going to be the husband of my legacy sim, who I haven't made yet because I'm waiting for Realm of Magic to fit into my budget. And he's going to make my sim into a Spellcaster, who will follow the Practical magic path just to balance out his untamed-ness.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I have this feeling that my soon to be witch is gonna fight with him alot, she is gonna become the most powerful witch of untamed magic and while at first he will be her teacher, they will eventually become enemies.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Wide-eyed newbie Morgyn was kind of adorable. Confident sage Morgyn is just plain fun and my main is definitely going to be approaching them first, definitely.

He'll probably have some misconceptions on what 'Untamed' actually means.
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I feel he has a... bad side, being the master of the "untamed" magic, and the way he was talking (I honestly liked his voice and it really made me interested in him more since it was a bit mischievous?,) I was thinking that the old sage had given her place to Morgyn, but now I feel like he overthrown her, he has the eyes of a calm and wise crazy person you know. Especially when the sages were being introduced to us, we saw the 2 sages, and I was wondering who was there in the darkness then BAM our cute blond boy, now a grown up sage, that scene really impressed me!
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Love them! One of my sims will definitely romance him. I think I'm most excited for the school of untamed magic anyways so they're my favorite right now
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I don't think the first trailer and this one are in the same continuity. Anansi seemed to be a pre-established spellcaster in the first one, when Morgs was a newb. Here, she's the newcomer.

oh yeah, you are right.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Whatever happened to the Head Sage? She was cool.
  • RobinGreenthumbRobinGreenthumb Posts: 237 Member
    I adore this (headcanon for me) non-binary trans dude. I thought they were cool pre-gameplay trailer, but now honestly tempted to marry him to my simself 😬 Which I’ve never done and feels like a new realm of fandoming

However, in my main legacy it will depend on his traits. May or may not marry them to my main legacy line, unless my spare’s daughter takes a shine to them.

But my next heir is slotted for a mermaid or islander sim (rolled child of the ocean trait!) so that wouldn’t be for awhile.

My wizard sim will probably butt heads with them. Which I find hilarious because I made mine about a year ago, and they are also a non-binary trans dude Wizard with curly flowy hair. His is gray however, and I did recently cut it shorter. But mine is far more humble and spacey and doesn’t like being dragged into council meetings. Far more the hermit sage type ;)