Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Meaningful Stories & Slice of Life

Does anybody know if these two mods can be used together? Meaningful stories and Slice of Life?

Comments

• SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I don't use Kawaii Stacie's mods, but meaningful stories shouldn't conflict with anything since it's scripted, it will change the duration of other mods buffs too, anyway
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    I don't use Kawaii Stacie's mods, but meaningful stories shouldn't conflict with anything since it's scripted, it will change the duration of other mods buffs too, anyway

Thanks. I was playing with Slice of life at first but then I got Meaningful Stories. At first I was kinda missing the things Slice of life did but now I've got used to playing without it and I prefer meaningful stories more so I think I will just stick with that one instead of trying both together.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    May I ask what you like better about Meaningful Stories? Slice of Life is one of my "Essential Mods" but I see more people on here use Meaningful Stories... So I am curious about the difference.
    May I ask what you like better about Meaningful Stories? Slice of Life is one of my "Essential Mods" but I see more people on here use Meaningful Stories... So I am curious about the difference.

I think Meaningful Stories is just a little more subtle in the way it alters sim emotions. I do like both mods though.

I really enjoyed that sims could get drunk with Slice of Life and the visible blushing when they were flirty or embarrassed was so nice but I didn't really like the realism of bladder infections, women issues or the way it ruined the surprise of pregnancy before even taking a test and while I did like the idea of random acne for teenagers it kinda bothered me that it affected my adult sims as well. The skin care routine to keep it away took to much time in my sims days. I didn't want them with a face mask for two hours each day.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes, they can. I don't use either of them, but I watched a Mod Review featuring both in the same save game.
    funny-gifs20.gif

Yes, they can. I don't use either of them, but I watched a Mod Review featuring both in the same save game.

Thanks. I've got both mods in my game now. I will see how everything goes with them. :)
    @Sharonia Ahh I see. Makes sense, thanks!

I deleted the acne portion from the mod, which helped a bit. But I hate how they still get an embarrassed buff!
    @Sharonia Ahh I see. Makes sense, thanks!

I deleted the acne portion from the mod, which helped a bit. But I hate how they still get an embarrassed buff!

Do you mean how they get red faces when embarrassed? I think that can be removed from the Physical CAS part of the mod.
    > @Sharonia said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Do you mean how they get red faces when embarrassed? I think that can be removed from the Physical CAS part of the mod.

No, I like that. But even though I removed the acne component of the mod, while they don't physically get acne, they still get the "embarrassed" moodlet. It's just a minor frustration because we all hate negative moodlets, but still a frustration none-the-less. I just want my sims to have model-like good looks!
  • RavenofWarRavenofWar Posts: 1 New Member
    Random-ish question, but does KawaiiStacie still use Adfly?
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I use both mods, and they actually go pretty hand in hand. Haven't experienced any issues using them simultaneously.
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    I might not get Slice of Life, as the realism of body issues could get in the way of storytelling and general gameplay.

I'm not 100% sure but I think you can have the mod without the appearances.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    I used to play with SOL, but found myself using less and less of the features as time went on. I liked the missing teeth for children and the bruised look after fighting, but unfortunately it's tied to the same file as acne which happens way too often for my taste. I don't feel like my adult sims should have to constantly be battling acne. Then I found myself deleting the added buffs because again they happen too often and are weighted too heavily. I already use a different mod for drunkenness.

Eventually the only features I was using were the phone and the different social invites, but KawaiiStacie doesn't update her mods quickly enough for my liking so I eventually just opted to play without that mod and I really don't miss it all that much.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • ambrownambrown Posts: 804 Member
    i use both and they have been working fine, although i have taken SOL out from time to time and i def like Meaningful stories way more. I could play with out SOL but not with out MS
    you're ele-phantastic
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    ambrown wrote: »
    i use both and they have been working fine, although i have taken SOL out from time to time and i def like Meaningful stories way more. I could play with out SOL but not with out MS

Yeah same here on the MS, which is a point I was getting to with my first post but somehow left out, lol. MS has come to be one of my essential mods because it kills the overpowered happy buff from decorations and just overall makes the Sims moods and emotions more realistic instead of constantly happy from every little minor thing. Also if you have the Patreon version it adds "Meaningful Conversations" which makes Sims have more interesting autonomous conversations (picking from their available menu options more so than just idly chit chatting).

I don't think I could play without RoBurky's mod anymore, as where I tried to like SOL but ended up being annoyed with it mostly. I think the concept of it is good, it just needs some of its features toned down so they're not so obnoxiously frequent. Also, like I said, the modder just doesn't update fast enough for new patches, and that can be frustrating if you're not big on playing new saves while waiting.

"It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
    edited September 2019
    I'm already thinking of removing Slice of Life again because of the acne and also bladder infections are kind of annoying. I don't mind acne appearing it my teens now and then but it's happening to often and I don't want it on my adults. I just really like the other appearances such as embarrassment and blushing and also the sims getting drunk is fun too.
  • SkosalgSkosalg Posts: 165 Member
    Is the MS mod compatible with MCCC?
    Skosalg wrote: »
    Is the MS mod compatible with MCCC?

Meaningful stories works perfectly fine with MCCC. I've had them both in my game with no issues for a few months now.
  • EIisabettaEIisabetta Posts: 5,708 Member
    I've used them both. I don't have SOL in right now because I'm waiting on her update but I've used them both very successfully together along with MCCC.
    moxiegraphix on Origin
  • VaniliciousVanilicious Posts: 98 Member
    i use both mods. MS and SOL, but from sol i only use phisical changes (flirty and figth) the rest, i delete. I hate acne, and infections lol
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    I just installed Meaningful Stories. I also have MCCC and Road to Fame. Got a little crazy and installed Private Practice after watching a Youtube Review on it. I have one Sim in my current household who will become a physician. The Private Practice mod is a rabbit hole wherein, my Sim is a Resident in medicine. He'll have tests to pass and then he'll have to await an invitation to become an actual physician. I have a RL friend (sadly recently deceased) who became a surgeon in real life. I recall how she had to go back east for med school and then her residency. So, this mod offered something to me far more realistic than the Physician profession in this game. Ho-hum. I have to exit my game without saving to see if the problem that turned up is indeed caused by Private Practice, since that's the last mod I installed, just today. Played with MS yesterday without incident.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SiladriaSiladria Posts: 33 Member
    I use both - I've never had any issues with either. I'm probably in the unpopular opinions bucket on this here, but I love the realism! It's actually my favourite part of TS4! I love that sometimes my adult sims will get acne, and that female sims get cramps and such - it just somehow makes my sims feel more fleshed out. MCCC also works great with both of them.