Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just had to share...that I'm done! (100 baby )

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Wow congratulations. I think that challenge would drive me insane. :D
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    80. Volcano (Boy)
    81. Rock (Boy)
    82. Sun (Boy)
    83. Rain (Boy)
    84. Sea (Boy)
    85. Sky (Girl)
    86. Juniper (Girl)
    87. Minnie (Girl)
    88. Nick (Boy)
    89. Oliver (Boy)
    90. Paula (Girl)
    91. Quinn (Girl)

I sense that #87 was the point at which you decided you just wanted to get it over with and didn't care about selecting themed names anymore. :D

No, haha! My first generation made it to 12 kids with an alphabetical order theme, A-L. It was always my plan that the final matriarch would finish what the first started and name kids 87-100 alphabetically from M-Z, even if that meant changing themes halfway. I actually had a HUGE list of unused "Nature" names that I wanted to use but didn't get the chance lol, but I really wanted to finish this way instead.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I always thought this challenge meant you had to have one Sim who had 100 babies.
    edited September 2019
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I always thought this challenge meant you had to have one Sim who had 100 babies.

Nope. The youngest daughter becomes the next heir though so you don't get to pick.

You just have to have 100 babies with each pregnancy being a different father. No nannies and the dads cannot move in and help.

You raise each child until they are young adult, aging them up when they get an A in school or complete all their toddler skills. If you have Parenthood teens also have to have one of the values in trait range but you can use as many generations as you want. Part of the challenge is to try and do it in as few Generations as you can though.

And I don't need to raise the last few kids too young adult because the challenge ends the moment the 100th baby is born. However before the 100th baby is born, if anything happens two kids before they become young adults, like they get taken away or something, then they don't count towards the 100
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Wow! Congrats! I've seen this challenge listed in multiple places and am curious how this is even possible. Do you need mods to increase your household? Is it possible to do with the usual 8 household slots? Otherwise, where do they all go?
    edited September 2019
    CaprianaB wrote: »
    Wow! Congrats! I've seen this challenge listed in multiple places and am curious how this is even possible. Do you need mods to increase your household? Is it possible to do with the usual 8 household slots? Otherwise, where do they all go?

You aren't allowed to increase household size, but when they become young adults you can move them out of the home so your Sim can become pregnant again.

You have to play on normal life span (Sims don't age while pregnant, so the kids actually become elders before their mum haha), however you can age up kids early to continue faster when they meet certain requirements.
    1) Babies you wait until you get the notification it's their birthday
    2) Toddlers have to get all 3 skills to level 3.
    3) Kids have to get an A in school
    4) Teens get an A in school and if parenting is installed also a value in trait range.

After that they can age up to the next stage. The quicker you can do it, the quicker the matriarch can become pregnant and stop aging again.

As for where do they go, it doesn't really matter as you stop playing them as young adult. Most of them I just moved into other houses in the world, some I just moved out as "Not in World". Quite a few I put in my library and the gallery so I can play them in other save files haha
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    edited September 2019
    @SimAlexandria , thank you! This is very helpful. I was picturing the mother with 10+ babies at a time :D . Also interesting to note pregnant sims don't age.
  • 3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Congrats! I am currently playing two versions of this challenge a Sims 3 version with the standard Sims 3 rules and a more complicated Sims 4 one which involves Negative traits and my own rules. It's always inspiring to see people who have completed it I have several failed attempts under my belt. I'm determined one of my current ones will succeed.
    ~ ~ ~
  • ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    Congrats!!! I finished my Baby Challenge a month or so ago, it's a great feeling!!! I only did the A-Z though, so only like a quarter of what you did 😁👏
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
    3KNPen wrote: »
    Congrats! I am currently playing two versions of this challenge a Sims 3 version with the standard Sims 3 rules and a more complicated Sims 4 one which involves Negative traits and my own rules. It's always inspiring to see people who have completed it I have several failed attempts under my belt. I'm determined one of my current ones will succeed.

Thanks and good luck with yours too! How far along are you? It took me 9 months to complete it. (I posted somewhere that it was 6 earlier, but I just looked up when I started and it was longer than I originally thought haha)
    Congrats!!! I finished my Baby Challenge a month or so ago, it's a great feeling!!! I only did the A-Z though, so only like a quarter of what you did 😁👏

It is a great feeling for sure. I'm attached to the family, to the point at first I wasn't sure I'd want to stop with 100, but now that I finished it feels so "complete" that I am done. I am going to upload the family(at least some of it, haha) to my rotational save file and play them sometimes but without all the rules and restrictions haha.
  • Harujii_Harujii_ Posts: 28 Member
    congrats! i'm also doing the challenge as well (just finished the first gen). how did you have so many sets of twins?
  • BandakBandak Posts: 62 Member
    Well done! I don't think I would have even tried that challenge, I find caring for the toddlers so boring (although they are cute!).
    Bandak wrote: »
    Well done! I don't think I would have even tried that challenge, I find caring for the toddlers so boring (although they are cute!).

Haha they are my favourite part of the Sims... Them and Kids. I pretty much always play kids or toddlers haha
    edited September 2019
    Harujii_ wrote: »
    congrats! i'm also doing the challenge as well (just finished the first gen). how did you have so many sets of twins?

If you have City Living, use the lot trait called "Ley Line" on your house (Apply it in build mode) and then you'll get a lot of twins.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    This makes my, very successful 3 baby challenge look childish. Congrats!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• IrishDashhunIrishDashhun Posts: 60 Member
    Oh good, I have been looking for this thread and I had to resort to where you got likes. I just wanted to say you did an amazing job and you where one of the people that actually inspired me to start doing challenges.
    Meep
    My 100 Baby Challenge Family Tree Is Here: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/trees/5d6818bcda480c00064447ea
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Congrats! That's a lot of game play/work! I've never made it past 20. :open_mouth:
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    This makes my, very successful 3 baby challenge look childish. Congrats!

LOL!!! Well either way, Congrats on completing the 3 baby challenge too ;) haha!
    Oh good, I have been looking for this thread and I had to resort to where you got likes. I just wanted to say you did an amazing job and you where one of the people that actually inspired me to start doing challenges.

Awww thanks, I'm still gonna be following the thread to see how you are doing haha!
    duhboy2u2 wrote: »
    Congrats! That's a lot of game play/work! I've never made it past 20. :open_mouth:

Thanks. Yeah it took a long time for sure haha!!! I enjoyed it all the way through, but I'm kinda happy to be done too now so I can play some of my other saves haha
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Congratulations. I don't think I could do it.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    That's so cool. I wish i never gave up on my challenge, but girl... Thats so much work.
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    This is amazing! I love how you compiled all of the data. I love the randomness of baby gender in the game so it was fascinating how your ratio turned out. It's so interesting to see that it really is almost 50/50

Congratulations!
  • Felice_EnellenFelice_Enellen Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2019
    Harujii_ wrote: »

If you have City Living, use the lot trait called "Ley Line" on your house (Apply it in build mode) and then you'll get a lot of twins.
    You know, since I'm trying to do everything with a single matriarch (and I'm sure I'm going to fail), I have to say I wonder if this is actually a good idea, at least for what I'm doing. When you only have one baby at a time, you can keep all of the aging and caretaking staggered and pop the eldest kid out of the house just as you pop out a new baby, so that you always have room to get pregnant again immediately.

I have Ley Line and the 1/2/2/1/2/1/1/2 sort of staggering is NOT working well in that respect. I keep ending up with no free slots in the house and my matriarch ages for a couple of days before I can open another slot.

I might rather have a trait that makes it easier to maintain the household or skill up the kids.