Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

More consequences , please.

Im really enjoying the game. But more challenge is needed and not just deaths. I wish sims would actually be evicted or foreclose when they are too late on their house payments. Give my sim a need for hard work and career success.
Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I feel the same. I think its too easy! I think careers can be more difficult, but i do love the variety we have esp with working from home. But I miss the terror in the early games like the freaky burgular music from ts1 lol tho thats more random experiences not a consequence. But maybe angering a klepto can cause him to break into your home and steal things
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • KALIAMMAKALIAMMA Posts: 25 Member
    yea.. "success" doesnt really has a meaning if theres no failure....
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I want grudges back, like they were in TS2. Where once you'd had a certain number of 'mean' interactions with another sim, and pushed your relationship into the red, all autonomous interactions would be mean. No more mr nice sim.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Movotti wrote: »
    I want grudges back, like they were in TS2. Where once you'd had a certain number of 'mean' interactions with another sim, and pushed your relationship into the red, all autonomous interactions would be mean. No more mr nice sim.

In the sims 2 the Pleasant sisters would autonomously be very rude to each other and perform mean interactions without the players input. Like I almost felt bad at how they went at eachother. And this was when i played the sims 2 again recently @Movotti
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    yes I want this to at least more so then now
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Im really enjoying the game. But more challenge is needed and not just deaths. I wish sims would actually be evicted or foreclose when they are too late on their house payments. Give my sim a need for hard work and career success.

I would like this also
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    "Without interesting failure states, the success in the game is less meaningful."
    - Will Wright on The Sims, 2000

Not only that, but failure states need to be harder to get rid of!
    Curses in Realm of Magic are amazing, except that you can easily remove them by drinking a potion that can be easily accessed. Why would you even deal with these curses if you could easily remove them?
    a256aFi.gif
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I totally agree. Failure and meaningful consequences bring variety to the game and keep things interesting. Otherwise things become shallow very quickly.
  • jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    This is the main problem with Sims 4 for me. Moodlets are not meaningful consequences for me. Needs more permanent consequences.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Yes please. I am a bit tired of those boasting that they have solved StrangerVille in 40 minutes, got all the spells, so easy. Lets make things harder for them, stop cheats or the Fast mode for the first try.

It's surprising that EA haven't incorporated some in-game levels that require you to have another pack as well. They missed a chance of more revenue! ;)

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited October 2019
    Movotti wrote: »

In the sims 2 the Pleasant sisters would autonomously be very rude to each other and perform mean interactions without the players input. Like I almost felt bad at how they went at eachother. And this was when i played the sims 2 again recently @Movotti

@SageOfGlimmerBrook
    I actually hated that about the Pleasant sisters. First sims I ever played that I killed in game. I felt awful. The messages the game gave me fed into my guilt. But, I play the game to escape and since I cannot escape mean people in real life, I like having a game without mean people. Especially back then when I was dealing with some tough life stuff that the game was a respite from.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    This falls under the category of game play and S4 is not about game play at all. So, good luck. :D
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I would love things like

Business sims who make bad investments lose half or more of their net worth.

Criminal sims get a chance card where they get caught and their reputation tanks and other sims react negatively to them and they’re fired from the career or lose a large sum of money.

We get small and medium performance loss and gain chance cards, but what about large losses and gains that either get you instantly promoted or immediately fired?

It would be great if spouses caught cheating had consequences like being banished from their house, and the other spouse staying angry with them for days instead of minutes.

I mean this I supposed to be a life simulation and life is challenging and full of setbacks so it only stands to reason that this game should be too.
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I would love things like

Business sims who make bad investments lose half or more of their net worth.

Criminal sims get a chance card where they get caught and their reputation tanks and other sims react negatively to them and they’re fired from the career or lose a large sum of money.

We get small and medium performance loss and gain chance cards, but what about large losses and gains that either get you instantly promoted or immediately fired?

It would be great if spouses caught cheating had consequences like being banished from their house, and the other spouse staying angry with them for days instead of minutes.

I mean this I supposed to be a life simulation and life is challenging and full of setbacks so it only stands to reason that this game should be too.

This is more like an ant farm where the ants go blissfully about their mundane lives with no consequences while we sit back and watch.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm half and half on this. I definitely want more consequences but I also like being able to decide how something will play out not to make it easier but because I guess I'm kind of a storyteller. By that, I like deciding if I'm going to "roll with" something or not.

I understand that some people want the game to determine outcomes for them in order to make it harder. I'd like more to do and I'm open to having some unexpected challenges but I also want to be able to decide how some things will play out as well.

It's all a matter of how you play. For example, I recently sent a group of random sims to the jungle in Selvadorada. Two of them were poisoned and they died. Sure, I could have raced around to find the cure for them which I would have done if they were significant sims who grew up in my game, but I let them die of poisoning. Some players seem like they would complain that they can race around to treat the poison ... you don't have to. Just because the option exists, it does not mean you need to take it.

Now, take the example of cheating, I get that there are times that sims do not react enough. I'm not talking about using the Player trait. That said, I don't want all of them to react in the same way each time. That actually annoyed me in other versions of the game. In particular, I was annoyed that if someone didn't see it happen, they would still somehow know and be immediately angry. That just wasn't realistic. Ok, maybe they would have an intuition sometimes but not every time.

Beyond that, I don't want them all to react the same way each time. Sure, some of them are going to get really angry. Some will cry. Then, you might have someone who is married for social status and doesn't really care or someone who doesn't want to rock the boat in their happy life. Maybe they want to live in denial?

I just use that subject as an example because I don't want them all to react in the exact same way. I think TS4 can be tweaked but I don't think that telepathically knowing was better either. Not all consequences should be the exact same.

Take deaths as well, not everyone will react to that in the same way either. I agree that in TS4, the sims need to react, period, but I don't want to be forced into "someone else's reactions" based on what others think should happen in my game. In that sense, I think TS4 is less broken than probably some others do.

No, I'm not asking for a carte blanche for cheating sims. I just think the game will get boring for me if I need to play according to the morality opinions of others through repetitive outcomes. My own opinion is that I'll give consequences to my sims, but I like being able to say that Luna Villareal has no clue about what Sergio has gotten up to and she'd rather stay clueless. I also like deciding if sims will work it out or not. Some will and some won't. No, I don't want to be Sergio or Luna. They are characters that I've developed. If they were all perfect, I would be bored. I could read a novel or I can play with them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.