Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Monthly SimLit Short Story Challenge

Comments

• haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @lisabee2 I have read all the stories and want to vote. But once again I can't find where to do that. I looked on the first page for a full list of stories and can't see that either. Sorry I have a very hard time navigating your blog. :/
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    edited September 2019
    Removed.
    Post edited by Skeilah on
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @Skeilah Thank you! :)
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited September 2019
    Post edited by lisabee2 on
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    edited September 2019
    haswh wrote: »
    @lisabee2 I have read all the stories and want to vote. But once again I can't find where to do that. I looked on the first page for a full list of stories and can't see that either. Sorry I have a very hard time navigating your blog. :/

It is all in the blog .. will full links to the stories and links to the vote as well

https://lisabeesims.com/2019/09/01/monthly-simlit-short-story-challenge-september-2019-theme-august-2019-submissions-w-vote/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Voted! As always, wasn't easy to do. Some of them had me laughing out loud. Great job everyone and good luck! <3
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Voted! As always, wasn't easy to do. Some of them had me laughing out loud. Great job everyone and good luck! <3

I know .. I had a terrible time picking ... I so wanted at least 4 (and more) picks .. our writers are so talented

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    For @haswh and any others who find my blog difficult to navigate ...

you enter the blog at the link I provide on the front page under submissions

aWb1eTB.jpg

or

KgrSBfw.jpg

here we are at the blog .. beginning

veM71P2.jpg

6IecO32.jpg

scroll down

WrBUyt2.jpg

mrxe3HC.jpg

NgrQWCV.jpg

sL5gy9W.jpg

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    Skeilah wrote: »

please remove this ..the link is in the blog and I cannot monitor in and outs for these from here .. I use the blog statistics to ensure that everyone is getting the equal clicks.

Removed. Was only trying to help, sorry.
    edited September 2019
    It is all cool @Skeilah .. just so everyone knows why I run the challenge thru my blog (and trust me I am getting no benefit because my own story has been cut back to about 2 a month because I have to have time to let these run their course without interference.)

anyway for those unfamiliar with WP stats .. they are so wonderfully detailed. I keep a tight watch on stats so that everyone can be assured of fair treatment for all scribblers .. numbers are obscured but so far it is fairly balanced (some might not be done reading some areas yet)

JBv1Jmi.jpg
    ZngZ5AI.jpg
    ZZ21sLm.jpg

Plus we learn where our support is coming from and what we need to work on (promo) ... Right now the forum is doing great .. FB and the reader (my followers) are right behind it

Kudos to @MenaBuchner, @J2J , @TheAemaSimming, and @divanthesimmer for sharing w/ their reader's lists

In case anyone is wondering .. itis the veterans that are lagging in reader votes at the time (nearly 7 voters) but it is early so some of those are prob catching up
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    it's really nice you took all this time to explain how your blog works.
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    It is all cool @Skeilah .. just so everyone knows why I run the challenge thru my blog (and trust me I am getting no benefit because my own story has been cut back to about 2 a month because I have to have time to let these run their course without interference.)

anyway for those unfamiliar with WP stats .. they are so wonderfully detailed. I keep a tight watch on stats so that everyone can be assured of fair treatment for all scribblers .. numbers are obscured but so far it is fairly balanced (some might not be done reading some areas yet)

JBv1Jmi.jpg
    ZngZ5AI.jpg
    ZZ21sLm.jpg

Plus we learn where our support is coming from and what we need to work on (promo) ... Right now the forum is doing great .. FB and the reader (my followers) are right behind it

Kudos to @MenaBuchner, @J2J , @TheAemaSimming, and @divanthesimmer for sharing w/ their reader's lists

In case anyone is wondering .. itis the veterans that are lagging in reader votes at the time (nearly 7 voters) but it is early so some of those are prob catching up

@lisabee2 It's my pleasure! I love sharing all these great stories wherever I can! Thank you for sharing these stats and doing everything you do - can't say it enough. If you were wondering, I'm the Novice click on Dropbox, lol. I've already finished my story - just need to take screenshots! :D
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • J2JJ2J Posts: 8 New Member
    Thanks for the insight! Looking into upgrading Wordpress plans (freelance vs business) soon. At heart, I was always a simlit reader and having so much fun participating this time, really happy to be back in that space now. Thank YOU for the platform 💚 -J2J
  • TheAemaSimmingTheAemaSimming Posts: 2,684 Member
    Hey all, I voted for the veterans and I read all the novices that I could... but I can't seem to access the story "No More Whinging" it keeps coming up as 'Protected Blog'... did anyone else have that problem or it is just me? I don't want to vote til I've read them all, so if there's a lag in Novice votes this is why.
    Hey all, I voted for the veterans and I read all the novices that I could... but I can't seem to access the story "No More Whinging" it keeps coming up as 'Protected Blog'... did anyone else have that problem or it is just me? I don't want to vote til I've read them all, so if there's a lag in Novice votes this is why.

I don't know how that happened but I know I didn't had a problem with reading everything. When I go to the site now I see the same. Weird... And I also read back in this topic and I can't even find the submission from that story lol. What is happening. :D
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited September 2019

I think @shellisims2 protected her blog. I remember she said she's taking a break from social media to focus on her mental and physical health, so maybe that includes Wordpress. I did manage to read her story before the site was protected, but I don't know what happens with the voting now.

phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
    I am not sure what has happened but the number of veteran voters is WAY (10 voters) less than the number of novice voters .. I hope everyone is picking three and not just one ??? or maybe not everyone has done the veteran vote yet ???
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    Question: When is voting closed?
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
    I am not sure what has happened but the number of veteran voters is WAY (10 voters) less than the number of novice voters .. I hope everyone is picking three and not just one ??? or maybe not everyone has done the veteran vote yet ???

I did 3 votes for each
    familysims wrote: »

It runs until the 7th at midnight PST
  • CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    familysims wrote: »

It runs until the 7th at midnight PST

Thanks!
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'm running into the same problem with “No more Whinging.” I know I was a knucklehead for pushing my reading to the last second like this. (I did read some earlier in the month, but sadly, this wasn't one of them.)

I'm not sure what to do. My first thought is just to refrain from voting in the Novice category and vote in the Veteran category only. But that seems a little unfair to the other Novice entrants who all worked hard on their stories. :(
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    I'm running into the same problem with “No more Whinging.” I know I was a knucklehead for pushing my reading to the last second like this. (I did read some earlier in the month, but sadly, this wasn't one of them.)

I'm not sure what to do. My first thought is just to refrain from voting in the Novice category and vote in the Veteran category only. But that seems a little unfair to the other Novice entrants who all worked hard on their stories. :(

I think since it seems the writer pulled the piece herself based upon what the others are saying that I am going to vote on the stories I was able read. Personally, as you said, I don't think it fair not to vote.
  • QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    This is my first time voting. I wrote down everyone I voted for, so I'm very curious to see how my taste compares to how everyone else voted. Looking forward to seeing who the winners are for August.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member

I think since it seems the writer pulled the piece herself based upon what the others are saying that I am going to vote on the stories I was able read. Personally, as you said, I don't think it fair not to vote.

I appreciate the insight. That made the most sense to me, too, so I went ahead and voted for my 3 favorites of the ones that were still in the contest. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.