Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you find The Sims challenging?

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sort of challenging
    I find it a bit challenging keeping all my sims happy while juggling their careers, love lives and also trying to complete their aspirations. I like it this way though as it keeps me busy. I would find it rather boring if everything was to easy and my sims didn't even really need my help.
  • Options
    Not challenging at all
    The game needs more consequences. Like evictions instead of no electricity when sims can't afford their homes anymore. Just more reasons for our sims to work harder.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    Not challenging at all
    This game is what I play when I want to completely relax and not have to really think about anything other than what my sim is going to wear and where I am going to place decorations and furniture. If I want to be challenged I turn to one of the iterations of Dragon Age or Skyrim (my go to games) where you must pay attention.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited September 2019
    Not challenging at all
    The Sims 4 is the least challenging Sims game from the entire iteration.

Here’s a list why:

- Burglary is non existent.
    - Fires ever so rarely appear. Even when a lightning bolt strikes, it doesn’t burn a tree.
    - Drowning from exhaustion takes forever.
    - It is even a lot trickier for Sims to die from electrocution.
    - Alien abductions are almost non existent.
    - Sims can’t die from sharks.
    - Scuba diving (lack of oxygen).
    - No consequences such as repoman and needing to restock a fridge with groceries.
    - Cockroaches don’t spawn.
    - No rats or mice.
    - No rabbits or gophers destroying your crops.
    - No random bear lifestate that comes in the house (without permission) to try and steal honey. Only to fail miserably and run for its life. (Search Claire the Bear)
    - Legit raccoons, not “raccoon cats”. These raccoons raid garbages and usually wakes up the household if they are asleep.
    - Skunks.
    - A random request from a Sim to complete a specific task somewhere. This can improve skills, job performance and school grades. Failing to do so for some of these have consequences.
    - A chance for a satellite to crash down on to a Sim while cloudgazing or stargazing.
    - Certain careers have random “on call duties” which requires you to visit a place and complete the task.
    - Wolves coming in to a Sim home to eat up the flower garden.
    - Neighbors who are “furious” at someone in the household will steal a gnome or newspaper. One of the Sims in the household can autonomously go and take it back.
    - Teen Sims who aren’t getting along with their parents can run away.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Felice_EnellenFelice_Enellen Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2019
    Other:
    Hestia wrote: »
    Really? Happens all the time to me. My International House of Bob Pancakes gets abducted about once a week, and he usually comes back pregnant. It's actually kind of irritating.

• Options
    CABALCABAL Posts: 56 Member
    edited September 2019
    Other:
    You should try the first game, it is the most challenging game for sure, especially considering that Sims 1 has no weekends. Played it for many hours non-stop due to grind and haven't even noticed that.
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member
    Sort of challenging
    When playing bigger families with some (or even just one) toddlers, it sure does get quite challenging at times to keep all of the needs up and to get the skills to get a promotion etc.
  • Options
    Not challenging at all
    I want more consequences in the game.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Other:
    When I play a larger family... I definitely find it much more challenging. If I want to keep them happy I try to avoid decor that isn't free (collectibles are free) and get them items that fill their needs without making them uncomfortable. Then of course you have the moods and things breaking, homework, feeding and juggling everything else to deal with. Start slow with a small home and it's a little easier.
    Usually though I play a single sim and still do the small home.. they usually have thousands unspent at all times, so no it's not really challenging and frankly that's part of the reason I play like I do. Not really playing it for a time management challenge usually but instead to enjoy my sims life and send them out to do things.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Not challenging at all
    Lol what challenge? Their isn’t even a fear mechanic in the game and everything is handholding. I dunno who could find TS4 challenging, can’t imagine how they’d cope with TS1 and 2.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Other:
    I play it to relax, so I cheat around quite a bit.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    Not challenging at all
    Hestia wrote: »
    Really? Happens all the time to me. My International House of Bob Pancakes gets abducted about once a week, and he usually comes back pregnant. It's actually kind of irritating.

In my main Sim family, almost everyone in the family has been abducted at least once. The father had alien twins while he was still caring for his human triplets.

I'm delighted with the current level of challenge. Like someone else commented, real life is hard enough.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Other:
    Not really, but is "challenge" the point? Am I playing Dwarf Fortress?
  • Options
    groovyboagroovyboa Posts: 25 Member
    Very challenging
    It's very challenging, it takes me more than 4 hours to decide where to place a bed in a bedroom.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Not challenging at all
    I remember sims 1 and 2 being very challenging. Not the last two iterations. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Not challenging at all
    no not really
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Other:
    It depends on the household.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Not challenging at all
    I honestly do not find it challenging at all. Not that it's a bad thing tho.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not challenging at all
    This applies to TS4. TS2, however, can get very challenging with little to no warning. Part of why it's such a great game, player is kept on their toes and obliged to pay attention to what's going on.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Not challenging at all
    never
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    Not challenging at all
    I'm always looking for ways to make it more challenging as I'm constantly frustrated by how easy things are. I don't use cheats but I've never had money trouble. Even doing a rags to Ritz it's quite easy to get enough to live off. I'd love to add a higher difficulty level.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Not challenging at all
    Not at all.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Not challenging at all
    I don't find it particularly hard to keep needs up, but usually I end up making those Sims have no social life usually if I focus on keeping their needs catered to. As for money, I know the best ways to make ridiculous amounts of money in the game but I'd rather not have all my Sims doing the same thing so I can have some more variety and a bit of a challenge in the regard. The only thing I might find particularly "challenging" is raising generations of a household, because I'm not much of a family player, raising kids annoys me, and I have no patience waiting on each generation to grow up and move to the next one.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Harujii_Harujii_ Posts: 28 Member
    Sort of challenging
    i do struggle with keeping up with my sims' needs when i play with bigger household. they just won't do what i directed them to. for example, they keep dancing despite me telling them to shower multiple times! so stressful
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    Other:
    depends on the amount of sims in a household and a few other factors
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye