Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Method?

2...Next

Comments

• DerellaDerella Posts: 765 Member
    Wand ala Harry Potter
    I gotta go with the wand, especially since there is more than one wand(I think?). I'm sure I'll try hands at some point though.
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    Wand ala Harry Potter
    Call me old fashioned, but I like wands. I picture good witches using sparkly and cute ones and bad witches using scary ones with skeleton heads on the tip.
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Hand ala Charmed
    Hand, and charmed (whatever that is) has nothing to do with it. A mage needs nothing but a gesture and/or spoken word. As has been mentioned, a staff under certain circumstances for dramatic effect (Moses, for example), but the power is not in the staff itself.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Try Both
    Hand, and charmed (whatever that is) has nothing to do with it. A mage needs nothing but a gesture and/or spoken word. As has been mentioned, a staff under certain circumstances for dramatic effect (Moses, for example), but the power is not in the staff itself.

Charmed is an American TV fantasy Drama from 1999 to 2007 with a remake in 2018 that has gotten renewed.

Premise

90s

Three estranged sisters move back to the house they grew up in and accidentally discover a spell to unbind their magic. Now as the most powerful Good Witches on earth their destiny to is safeguard humanity against darkness.

Reboot:

Mel and Maggie live in a college town in Michigan and after their mother's mysterious death discover their unknown third sister Macy. Together they use their powers to save humanity and discover the truth of their mother's death and their destiny.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Hand ala Charmed
    Thank you. I don't own a TV (& don't want to) so am happily unaware of what is going on in that world.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    Try Both
    depends on sim really
    I think my more elegant witches will have wands
    and more wild witches will go with hands instead because ''who needs flimsy stick''
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited September 2019
    Hand ala Charmed
    I mean I PREFER the hands.

In my book only the most skilled spellcasters cast with their hands.

Wands are for beginners or for a more experienced one to focus their Mana for strong spells.

That said, I'll use both.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Rotate between them
    I'll be using both! Wands are cool, so are hands, also wish we could have staves, and magic rings (tho that could be ring+hand magic), and perhaps amulets and such. I'll take everything! And will be checking for lots of fun CC to play with ^^
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Try Both
    I will definitely have to try both but I think I will like the hand gesture better, it fits better with the kind of storyline I like (making a sim who doesn't know they have magic powers and who discovers it by themselves etc.).
  • akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    Try Both
    I believe what the wands it's part in my legacy in the beginning and someone of my sims will ascend and use own hands.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    Try Both
    Gotta try them both :D:D see which one my Sim likes best <3
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    Try Both
    Whatever I can get my hands on. Haha! :p
    #Team Occult
  • DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Hand ala Charmed
    Will and the word, ala David Eddings books.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Try Both
    The less powerful Spellcasters will use wands to "help" with their power, while the more powerful ones will be able to just shoot magic out of their fingertips.

In my save a few chosen sims will perform magic without wands. It will be fun setting up rules for the spellcasters in my save.
  • sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Wand ala Harry Potter
    Wand at first and as my sims bloodline becomes stronger I'll start to use hand
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie
  • 2fab4uboo2fab4uboo Posts: 47 Member
    Rotate between them
    For my atla (hoping sims can control the elements) sims I will use hands because that's how bending works. For my sims that are witche I use wands for some of them, but mostly I will use wandless magic. I'm an HP fan as well but I never really cared for wands.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Try Both
    Frankly I consider Avatar a martial arts fantasy not so much a type of spellcaster.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Rotate between them
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Frankly I consider Avatar a martial arts fantasy not so much a type of spellcaster.

When it comes to the Avatar, Bending the four Elements has to do with spiritual connections. In a way Bending is technically a supernatural talent, where you have to be a bender but you also have to connect to the elements yourself. but like magic it's can be different for everyone else.

Some power is driven by instinct, others are driven by emotion, and other sorts are driven on self belief and the Will/Desire to manipulate nature.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited September 2019
    Rotate between them
    As I haven't much interest in magic type films or TV shows (more of a humorous Discworld book reader) I will try both in rotation and use any one that suits my purpose at the time. In other words I will have to wait until I get the Pack. :D

Ask it again when the pack is released!
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited September 2019
    Rotate between them
    Put me down for "Try Both" as well. Depending on the sim and how spellcasting is done, I'll be deciding which sims will have wands and who uses their hands. Perhaps wands will be used by a majority of the spellcasting public, while other sims who have more potent magic can use wands and their hands. Really, it just depends on how spellcasting is done and what I think of it.
  • Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    Hand or better yet none, no silly ward, :) (What I try to said none, is depend on story, some don't even need hand to do it, just will make happen without moving your body, mostly from will/mind/eye power to create and control from there.

Avatar do same as spellcaster but only elements but can use element for many thing or rather I think it's better other term name since they just don't spell it out but they use martial arts and will chi power to make it's happen like fireball or whatever they draw from Elements they learned and master from it. Doctor strange do spellcaster, but mostly hand, sometime items like time stop or control time when he had a time stones.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    Try Both
    Both, as I equally like them for different kinds of magic. I can't wait for the new pack to be here!
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Try Both
    Hmmm. Not a big fan of the poll choices with Wands for Harry Potter and Hands related to the Charmed series. There are so many out there that can do magic with both those tools outside of those franchises.

What would be nice if we also had the choice to use crystal balls, spellbooks or staves to cast spells on other Sims. Rather than just wands and the hand.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Try Both
    Both are cool! Though I'm bound to use wands more because I'm definitely going to make Harry Potter characters.
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Hand ala Charmed
    I've always felt like the wands of Harry Potter were stupid. I prefer hand