Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic - Learn even more mysterious secrets (gameplay trailer + blog)

Comments

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    I wasn’t expecting the cover guy to be a sage, honestly.

Anyway that dueling thing is a little too priori incantem for me. Is every duel going to be Harry vs Voldemort?
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Nothing was shown about Glimmerbrook just magic.

That's the important thing right? It is called Realm of Magic not "Pretty forest" :wink:
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • DeathCoil13DeathCoil13 Posts: 36 Member
    I'm thinking practical/untamed with a mix of alchemy. :)
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Since Morgan is one of the Sages, who is the sage that taught Morgan in the first place? Is she playable?
    I want to try all the magics, it seems so much fun!
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    I wonder if Morphiate can be made permanent or semi-permanent? I would die to have an evil witch that decorates her garden with her victims.

I had the EXACT same thought 😈. I seriously hope it's at least semi permanent. It would be cool if the item had the sim's name appear when you hovered over it, like an urn.
    xamira99 wrote: »
    Since Morgan is one of the Sages, who is the sage that taught Morgan in the first place? Is she playable?

Aine she's probably just a sim in the premade family tab when you click move in
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    edited September 2019
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Nice !! The build/buy doesn't look super versatile though. Also transforming sims into gnomes, love it !

Agreed. I’ve heard some people super excited about the build/buy style but it’s not for me. Maybe for one super stylized witch/wizard home but I like a more woodland cottage vibe for my future spellcasters. That’s ok, though. At this point in the franchise I have lots of options for decorating homes however I want 🙂

EDIT to add: I’m loving what I see gameplay wise, regardless! Some packs seem focused on the environments, build/buy, and cas, while sacrificing on gameplay slightly (like Island Living). Others dive deep in gameplay and we have a small trade off for the rest (like potentially ROM, or Strangerville which had a huge gameplay focus with very little CAS and almost no build/buy). I’m here for all of it! Love that packs are diverse for different players with different wants and needs 😁
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Looks great. Spellcasters get both an ability tree and a spellbook. I imagine the magic (lower case, no trademark) enthusiasts are pleased, and they should be. Good for you all; you certainly waited a long time to get it.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Hmmmm... I like the variety of spells so far. Looking forward to the stream reveal.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    @miss_simlish Gotta admit that a firefly shaped scone is pretty.

ts4-tile-realm-of-magic-16x9-04.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.jpg
  • miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    WolfNate wrote: »
    @miss_simlish Gotta admit that a firefly shaped scone is pretty.

ts4-tile-realm-of-magic-16x9-04.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.jpg

Yes, I do love that! It’s usually something small and random from packs that I go crazy for and use all the time 😁
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Loved the reveal of who the oh-so innocent looking blonde sim from the first trailer actually is. Looks like the Renegades have found a new mentor.
    "Once you go magic you never go back" :P
  • EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Hey - merging a few discussions about the same topic into a single one ;)
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Why are the Sages not not playable??? :'(
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
    Busufu wrote: »

You can date em probably and move em in maybe
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Busufu wrote: »

You can date em probably and move em in maybe

Hopefully! o:)

Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    xamira99 wrote: »

Aine she's probably just a sim in the premade family tab when you click move in

That's cool! She looks awesome.
    OID:- x4m1r4
    So 9 spells per School and 3 'expert" ones hidden so that totals 24
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Wait WHAT!? Sages are NOT playable!? NOO 😭 My angel is slipping from my hands...
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    That one sim in the trailer wearing a hoodie and tights with no pants: I feel you.
  • IreneLudwigIreneLudwig Posts: 125 Member
    Can’t wait to marry that Morgan guy to Morgan Fyres! They’ll have a nice little garden full of... gnomes 😈
  • will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    I wonder what it means when the video shows the three sages and below it says not all images appear in game. Are they just talking about each house of magic sigil and it won't be like a plumbob or do they mean that sages are randomly generated and won't look the same as they are in the video?
  • mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    Can’t wait to marry that Morgan guy to Morgan Fyres! They’ll have a nice little garden full of... gnomes 😈

Lol that'll be funny Morgyn and Morgan