Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Official Countdown Thead (Release Day Now Available)!!!!!

Comments

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    My game froze after the last patch I hope it doesn't happen often when Realm of Magic is released. Been disappointed with the patch as I was hoping for a game play surprise for the fifth anniversary and no more new major bugs and have old ones fixed (like actually fixing issues with photography or the tripod or whatever caused my game to stop working suddenly). No firefighters or burglar yet and still no real story progression and probably never will get any of these at this rate. Had to wait five years just for magic and more occult and wait even longer for werewolves if that even happens. 😑

I just want magic already.
  • WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sorry to hear that...
    The Sims 4 Realm of Magic – Explore a supernatural world and master the art of wizardry in The Sims 4 Realm of Magic. This countryside town may look and feel like other neighborhoods, but once the secret portal is unlocked, the true magic begins. Potions, wands, and even a floating world will charm your Sim, but beware of spells gone wrong! Learn the craft of wizardry, summon a familiar for protection, and immerse yourself in this spellbinding realm. The quiet town of Glimmerbrook may have more to it than meets the eye…

Discover the Neighborhood – An unreal world awaits your Sim, and when you stumble upon the secret portal, there are mystical discoveries at every turn.

Learn the Craft – Study up on classic teachings, get experts to train your Sim. Collect and cast spells to make Sims fight, conjure food, or even turn others into objects. Create drinkable potions to make Sims fall in love, remove unwanted curses, or live forever!

Get Real Familiar – Summon a dragon, fairy, or the familiar that best suits your Sim’s personality as a personal guard and give it a creative name.

Dress for Supernatural Success – Get in the spirit of sorcery with outfits that suit your Sim. Collect wands and brooms to finish the look, then decorate rooms with enchanting objects.

This seems to be the info for when you first open game after buying RoM or click on the icon to purchase.
    The Phoenix is intimately familiar with the cycle of life, death, and rebirth. From the ashes they arise and into the ashes they fall. So has it always been.

The harbingers of prophecy and, some say, bad luck. Ravens are an ancient creature that remain steadfast alongside their favorite Spellcasters.

A classic Spellcaster companion, bats have commonly been closely associated to magic users since the times of ancients.

The Veild is a Voidcritter deep with the knowledge of countless galaxies across space and time. No one really knows the true motivation of this critter, but that didn’t stop one well known kids TV show from almost featuring the Veild as a main character.

This interesting creature is an unexpected entity that defies normal boundaries and demands a closer inspection. Its true nature is unknown.

Despite this familiar being the mysterious and silent type you may still catch yourself whispering to them, “Do that voodoo that you do!”

Be warned to avoid the direct gaze of the glowfrog. They are usually quite mischievous characters although quite harmless when left to their own devices.

Bathed in pure energy it is nigh impossible to make out the true form of a fairy beyond its magical wings. One can feel what can only be described as a slight spark when near.

Regal and powerful, this dragon should never be discounted based on its size. It is a formidable foe as well as a cherished companion.

When you need a protector that truly frightens your opponent consider the skull. It is hard not to be intimidated by this floating, haunting familiar.

The preeminent symbol of magic and ancient knowledge. They have a strong connection to the moon and stoically follow their chosen Spellcaster.

Is this calling out 11 familiars not counting a cat or dog...???

Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Looks like we'll still be getting a real gameplay trailer after all <3 I just wonder when?

• SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    *looks at countdown*
    *looks at bills*
    *sighs heavily*

I hate that my countdown will be longer than this because I'm so stoked for the pack.

As for the perks and ranks, I wonder if it'll be a case (with the Sages) similar to the fame perks, where the Virtuoso rank will be one side of the perks tree & only on that side will you get the perk of being taught by the Sages? Like you only get the celebrity treatment if you choose perks on that side of the tree.

Have you thought of entering to win a free copy? Lots of simmers are raffeling off codes to the winner.

Yeah, I've looked at giveaways and entered some (the kind that doesn't take subscribing to a million things to earn an entry, at least). But given my general luck, I'm not holding my breath considering how many people usually enter those.

Ah well, I've a birthday coming up in a few weeks so if anyone asks if I want anything, I'll know where to point them :P In the meantime, I'll be bingeing everyone else's builds, videos, blog posts and reports from here :D (I don't mind spoilers so that helps)
  • Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I've been anxiously waiting for them to reply to @catloverplayer with a screenshot for the autumn, but having seen that tweet now of a gameplay trailer, ugh they are teasing us, it's not fair!! It's almost time for me to go to bed if I'm to get up at 4am lol
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
    Also 4 days *happy dance* and it's stream day everybody!!!! I'm soooo super duper excited 🥰🥰🥰
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,447 Member
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Will the stream be on Youtube?

@DeafSimmer I'm not sure about YouTube, but you can watch it from the forums here. There is a thread near the top of this section titled something like, "let's watch the Realm of Magic livestream", where it's linked to play when it goes live.
    #Team Occult
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited September 2019
    I’ll be watching the livestream to decide wether I get it or not. It’s going towards “get it” so far.
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I’ll be watching the livestream to decide wether I get it or not. It’s going towards “get it” so far.

Youcan check Sims Community and VIP forsome data mined info that might help
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
    3 hours and 41 minutes left to wait 😍
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    In my time zone, one more hour.

That's impossible? Regardless of time zone it'll be live in 3 hours
    Yes what @WolfNate said :D
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    For reference you can use the times here on the forums. It goes live at 8PM, so here where I live (Netherlands) it's 4:32PM, which means 3:28h left.
  • sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    yeah its 11:00 am pacific for the stream so like 3 hrs and 20 mins according to the timer on simsvip page for the live stream
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie
    Jean wrote: »
    For reference you can use the times here on the forums. It goes live at 8PM, so here where I live (Netherlands) it's 4:32PM, which means 3:28h left.

It's not THAT late it's 8am in Cali which is 1pm EST
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited September 2019
    Deleted
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Sergio_gatitoSergio_gatito Posts: 8 New Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_J7sxZo1aA
    WHAT?! He's a sage?!?!
  • sunhair2008sunhair2008 Posts: 136 Member
    Wow that blew my mind I wasn't expecting him to be a Sage
    House- SLYTHERIN
    Wand Elder wood with a dragon heartstring core, 13 ½" and unyielding flexibility
    Patronus - Dragon
    Ilvermorny School - Pukwudgie
    And I don't mean to be insulting but the voice in trailer makes me think of a drag queen (I actually enjoy them tbh)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top