Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which packs did you deactivate/uninstall?

Which packs do you own and use the most and which did you deactivate and regret buying?

Comments

• ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    All of them, use them all fairly equally, deactivated none, no regrets.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I own all the expansions and game packs (well besides Realm of Magic as it isn't out yet) and most stuff packs. I hadn't uninstalled any yet but if taking pictures is going to cause more problems, I might have to uninstall the maschino stuff pack until it is at least fixed as I had force my game to shut down and that is a problem. That is the only regret I have as I got it just for that and it is still broken. Doesn't matter if they fix approved pictures if you can't even take them.
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I own all, and I use all.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I own them all and I use them all. They all add something to the game that I like.
  • poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i own all except island living and moschino, and i use all of them.
    the only thing i wish i could uninstall is the new ugly menu and loading screen.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I have a tiny bit of regret for buying Seasons, but not very much regret. I love all the packs.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    The packs I would consider to be deactivated would be those I haven't purchased. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I never deactivate packs. However, my least used pack is MFPS in terms of build/buy and vampires in terms of gameplay (love the b&b though).
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't uninstall anything because there is always some small things i use from every pack since well I have it so why not

that being said I also don't buy everything at least for now because i know my old and slow computer will hit its limit at some point and i need keep some space for my fave themes that have yet to release for most part

use most?
    probably vampires since i love occult
    though i also could not play the game without seasons since i hate sunshine just as much as my vampire sims

regret buying?
    Get to Work if anything
    I do use loads of cas and b/b from it and well I needed aliens but I honestly hardly ever do the careers or retail because it just got kinda boring after some time
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I use them all... if I don't have any interest in a pack, I simply don't buy it (which is why 'My First Pet' still remains to be the ONLY Sims pack I have never purchased).

Even if I don't particularly care for a specific pack that I do own, I don't see a reason to uninstall it... I mean, I paid money for all the packs I have. It would be a waste to simply not use one just because I don't care for it. Plus, there's always at least something in each pack I actually do like. Even if it's such a small thing. For example, 'Outdoor Retreat' is, in my opinion, the worst game pack... however, I actually do like some content it came with (like the campfires, horseshoe pit, and coolers). So, at least the pack isn't completely going to waste.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I own them all to date and have not deactivated or uninstalled any. My favorite so far has surprised me because I didn't really care if we got it or not before it came out, but it'd be Seasons. I didn't think I wanted it that badly, but after it was here I was really surprised and impressed at how good it is.

My biggest disappointment to date is Outdoor Retreat. I think I was hoping for something other than what we got there. Its just...different scenery in which to fish. A skill we already had. It added Herbalist but its a skill I never need or care to use because if felt like an afterthought. That said, I really enjoyed some of the CAS items enough to make it worth having the pack anyway.

That may or may not change today. I just purchased and am downloading at this moment, the Moschino (probably spelled it wrong.. sorry) pack and I have seen mixed reviews. Can say I don't think I like most of the clothing that came with it but I'm always intrigued by new careers and skills so the new career should be fun anyway.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I have all and have never deactivated any
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I did not know that you can even deactivate a pack. How do you do that? Not that I am going too, just nosy lol
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I own all but vampires. ... I kinda regret spa day and bowling night, but I don't deactivate them, i just wish I didn't waste my money on them. Vampires i I don't want
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I deactivated City Living and Vampires. I find myself going backwards now and seeking basegame builds only.

How do you uninstall a pack? I could do with some more memory.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,381 Member
    I own all packs but I've never deactivated or uninstalled any of them. There are annoying things on many of them, especially on Seasons, Parenthood and Get Famous, but there are even more good things. I don't regret buying any of the packs.
  • Celina_NagyCelina_Nagy Posts: 16 Member
    Why you would deactivate a pack than you bought?
  • Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    I have Parenthood, City Living, Get Together and Seasons. I regret buying Get Together, I never really used the groups, the dancing skill was lacking and the cafe's didn't work very well.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I own them all and use them all fairly often in my game. I think the only one I semi regret buying even though I got it on sale is my first pet stuff, nothing more than I just don’t really use it very much. I also don’t use vampires. very much but I’ve never really had a story in mind where they fit. I want to play them because they seem cool when I’ve tested them out. I was most disappointed in island living but I do not regret buying it just wished there was more to do gameplay wise. I don’t have any deactivated and don’t plan on doing so. If it’s a pack I’m not super interested in I’ll wait for a sale so it’s harder to regret buying it. I got most everything in a bundle or on sale the exceptions being island living, a few stuff packs here and there that I really wanted, Strangervillie, and I plan on buying realm of magic come Tuesday.
  • ambaraambara Posts: 47 Member
    I own them all and have none disabled although I don't use some of them much. But the ones I'm not that interested in I haven't bought myself so no regrets there, they are great for christmas etc. present wishes. I do not play with occults so Vampires is probably the least used pack I have but since Sims is pretty good about not forcing that stuff on your game even with the packs on I haven't seen a reason to turn them off. The magic pack is also something I have no interest in as I do not want magic in my game but I'm still going to get it eventually (as a gift) and I'm sure there is *something* I'll like and will use in it.
  • CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    edited September 2019
    I have a tiny bit of regret for buying Seasons, but not very much regret. I love all the packs.

Out of curiosity, what about Seasons makes you regret buying it? I only have GTW and IL now. Wanting more packs but looking for reasons why/why not a pack is worth it before buying more.
  • Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    I do not have Vampires, Get Famous, MFP, Spooky Stuff, the stuff pack that just came out, and I will not be buying ROM. I’m not interested in any of them. The packs I use the most/my favorite packs-Parenthood, island Living, Seasons, Get Together for the club system. I regret buying City Living & Strangerville.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • WallSims4everWallSims4ever Posts: 755 Member
    I own all the packs and none are disabled. The one I use the most is Get Together.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    Deleted
    Post edited by Rouensims on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Felice_EnellenFelice_Enellen Posts: 102 Member
    I own everything.

I remember regretting, very much, that I had bought Seasons, because it really seemed to screw up the simulation. Sims would get stuck, not do what they were told, have to be told over and over to do things, etc. However, somewhere between fixes made by modders and whatever maxis has done since (which I dunno if it was anything), it's working okay for me now, so it's not that bad in the end.

It made me shy of buying new expansions at release, I will say that. I don't have the energy to be a beta tester.