March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play a single family or rotate? Vote...

Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

Do you play a single family or rotate? Vote... 159 votes

Single Household
41% 66 votes
Rotate
58% 93 votes

Comments

• SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I've always just played one family in past versions of the game but in the Sims 4 I'm finding playing the premades on a rotation so much fun. Rotating families keeps the game fresh and fun for me. I hope this kind of play will still be easily doable in the Sims 5 if and when it comes.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    There is no option for doing both.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Sharonia wrote: »
    I've always just played one family in past versions of the game but in the Sims 4 I'm finding playing the premades on a rotation so much fun. Rotating families keeps the game fresh and fun for me. I hope this kind of play will still be easily doable in the Sims 5 if and when it comes.

I miss the Sims 2 style world where you left your household and came back and they would still be doing whatever they were when you left. It made me feel like a god. Those were my puppets waiting for me. And it meant that I could go off and play a household for 100 days and the one I left would not be older, with all of this new/other stuff going on. Time was frozen and I liked that. Wish someone really smart and techie could create a mod for this.

• There is no option for doing both.

I prefer either this or that polls. To get an idea of which is more common

• QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Simmify wrote: »

Yeah but sometimes I play massive, inevitably casually inbred families. But other times I play a ton of households in a mega save.
  • QueenMercy wrote: »

Yeah but sometimes I play massive, inevitably casually inbred families. But other times I play a ton of households in a mega save.

I understand. I just wanted a simple poll, I don't like "both" polls personally. It's meant for my own interest I guess :)

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I've tried to do rotational. And it works for a time, but eventually I settle in on one family I like and forget to check in on the others.

Of course, I haven't done any massive, multi-house storylines either...
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Both so was confused how to vote haha. I have several saves where I play a single family and several saves where I play rotational. Right now I play the single family house more often as its 100 baby challenge and I am 95 babies in! But usually it's 50-50 which save style I pick.
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I play a single household in each save, but I have many saves. I can't handle my Sims doing things without me!
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I rotate but pretty much everyone that I rotate are in the family.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I rotate, but most of the time I rotate saves not families within one save. Mostly because it irks me to go back and play a family after switching households only to discover that even though we have no story progression, I'll go back and find jobs changed, sims older/dead and or, relationships that are messed up because the game did...whatever it does in place of actual story progression.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • hunniboo1hunniboo1 Posts: 1,510 Member
    I like to rotate in between my families but I do have a main household I play the most.
    2llotup.jpg
    The Best of Hunni's Builds
    Feel free to follow my builds!!!!!!:)
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Can't answer, because your question and answer options don't match.

I rotate between households so that I can continue to progress my active family, who are multiple generations in multiple homes in the same save - only two, so far, but my younger second generation boys are all teens, now, and will be moving out some day. I'll keep them in the mix, too. They don't stop being related when they marry and have kids of their own. It's just a bigger family.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I rotate between roughly 50 households in one save, some of which are related, but most aren't. Not all of them get the same amount of attention, though, as I tend to just play in whatever household I feel like at a time for as long as I want, rather than sticking to a specific order.
  • SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    It depends on the save file for most saves though I play a single household only, because I prefer to focus one just one story at a time.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Most of my saves start as a single family (with only one exception) and some of them turn into a rotational one, so I can't answer this one.
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    But I might stay with one family for months (real time).
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I miss the Sims 2 style world where you left your household and came back and they would still be doing whatever they were when you left. It made me feel like a god. Those were my puppets waiting for me. And it meant that I could go off and play a household for 100 days and the one I left would not be older, with all of this new/other stuff going on. Time was frozen and I liked that. Wish someone really smart and techie could create a mod for this.

Hmm... have you tried to use “ only age played households”? If you remove the “played”-tag from the households that you want to remain frozen they will not age.

There are a few different options, maybe there will be a combination that works for you.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I have multiple saves with single families. Tried rotational play and it was too chaotic to even consider.
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    I always play my legacy, but I might start playing rotationally, it sounds like it could be really fun. I'm definitely going to play with a new family when Realm of magic comes out. Magic wouldn't really fit my legacy family.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    [/quote] I miss the Sims 2 style world where you left your household and came back and they would still be doing whatever they were when you left. It made me feel like a god. Those were my puppets waiting for me. And it meant that I could go off and play a household for 100 days and the one I left would not be older, with all of this new/other stuff going on. Time was frozen and I liked that. Wish someone really smart and techie could create a mod for this. [/quote]

I miss that option so much!
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • thelawtmanthelawtman Posts: 1,424 Member
    I like playing only one family. I have never understood how people can enjoy playing more than one,but, everyone has a a different play style.
    Could it possibly get uglier? I used to be a highly respected watcher, and now I'm a wounded dwarf with the mystical strength of a doily. I just wish I could sleep. - Rupert Giles

lpOEB4y.gif MeEUgvO.gif
  • Simmify wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »

Hmm... have you tried to use “ only age played households”? If you remove the “played”-tag from the households that you want to remain frozen they will not age.

There are a few different options, maybe there will be a combination that works for you.

I thought about that. But they also won't still be where I last left them. But its a okay compromise.