Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    edited August 2019
    fcuRqPI.png
    Winners Circle Starting Out Results for #BnS 124

@familysims
    2pYrim7.jpg
    I like that you included Aibreann and her grandchildren in your slideshow. It looks like a very nice, cozy house. Great job decorating the children’’s room. Nice varied seating in the living room, everyone has a great view of that large screen TV. Aibreann’s room seems nicely balanced with the red and white color sheme, keeping the red from being too overwhelming.
    Suggestions: You’re missing the #BNS124 hashtag, which is very important if you want your entry to be judged.. Please try to include a top down view a s well as exterior screenshots, layouts and captions. The more screenshots of each room, the better. BNS judges architecture, landscaping and decoration equally. One last thing: Why is the fridge in front of the window, blocking the view?

@Nym115
    ydWKmSC.png
    Zen Life Cabin is beautifully designed and seems perfect for Bao Chang. I love that you’ve put a couple of pots and windchimes on the front porch, Mr. Change will enjoy tending his plants and listening to the windchimes. The master bedroom looks like a nice, cheery retreat. Good idea to include the aquarium full of fish, watching them swim will be very soothing. I like that you left those big windows uncovered to let hin more light. This and the sand garden are nice zen touches.
    Suggestions: Your slideshow is missing a top down view and captions: also, it would be helpful if the layout view was at the beginning of the slideshow rather than the end. You had enough left over in your budget to include more landscaping and decoration, such as a larger carpet in the master bedroom or better lights in the kitchen and bathroom.. The yard seems pretty bare, some flowers at the base of the fountain would have added a nice touch of color.

@Wendyology☆
    FNaT2Fe.jpg
    Live and Work is a lovely, well-designed build, @Wendyology. I love how you showed Bao Chang working and living in the house. Great job designing the driveway and parking area, those will be very handy for students! It’s nice that Bao Chang has a spot where he can meditate and enjoy the outdoors at the same time. Creative idea to include a martial arts studio and exterior sparring area, I’m sure those will get plenty of use. What lovely, bright rooms, rather than the stereotypical dark, messy bachelor pad. That kitchen is so roomy and perfect for entertaining.
    Suggestions: You had a little trouble with the fisheye effect in the bathrooms. For smaller rooms, try changing the camera angle or taking the screenshot from above. Also, screenshots may look a bit better taken from closer to sim’s eye level: you can lower the camera height by using the Q key. The martial arts studio seems a little bare. Could you have found room in the budge to add more workout equipment or decorations?

@OccipetalLobe
    d2x5iaC.png
    I like your story about The Elevated Old Maple, what a great idea for it to be Petunia Livingston’s childhood home elevated! Beautiful landscaping, I love that garden with the nuzzlenip and napnp, what a great idea! The mudroom looks like the perfect spot to leave dirty shoes and wet umbrellas. I love the kitchen, it suits the feel of the home perfectly. The living room looks like a great place to hang out, with so many separate yet connected areas. I love that the studio has a patio right off it for Petunia to paint or just sit and enjoy the view.
    Suggestions: There isn’t much I can suggest here, you did such a great job overall. I do think you need to be mindful of cohesiveness when decorating: the backlit mirror in the living room doesn’t seem to go with the lamps, though it could be an example of combining the old with the new. You also had some trouble with screenshots on the second floor, particularly in the art studio and balcony. Try different camera angles, heights and zooming in or out to avoid the problem in the future. If the space is too small, a screenshot from above works as well.

@Vicus1☆
    XTUYFf1.png

Your build looks very simple and cozy from the outside, @Vicus1. The large open spaces inside allow plenty of room for movement and future growth if Petunia needs the extra space. Nice job designing the kitchen, it’s the perfect size for entertaining. The creativity room will surely get lots of use.
    The oversized rooms give the house an empty, unfinished feel, particularly upstairs. Carpets, more decor and clutter would have helped. Perhaps some samples of Petunia’s artwork on the walls. BNS judges architecture, landscaping and decoration equally: this house is aadly lacking in landscaping.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is… @OccipitalLobe
    2nd Place goes to: @Wendyology
    ZUxcfiL.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@Nym115
    uvanKah.png
    Citrus Calm is well named and equally well designed. What a lovely, sunny room to have a cup of tea or relax in front of the TV. I love the big window and glass door which both let in light and allow sims to enjoy the views.

@Wendyology
    Zylx6bZ.png
    I like your color choices for the kitchen/family room, with the carpets tying the sectinos together while at the same time marking them as separate. Great kitchen layout, very roomy and functional without seeming to be too big. The choice of the dark counters against the light walls allows for great contrast.
    3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is Wendyology
    YY4pU5Q.png
    center]3gHHX7s.png[/center]
    Sim Challenge

@Nym115
    ur1dWgm.png
    Bao Chang’s traits and aspiration go well together and certainly fit your description of him. I like how his outfits share a theme of bright colors. The formal one is perfect given his looks, home and heritage.

@OccipitalLobe
    kBRmSVe.png
    I love that you not only gave Petunia Livingston a husband and daughter, but included them and htier outfits in your slideshow. The presentation had a photo album feel along with great descriptions. I enjoyed getting to know the Livingstons and their unique styles. Petunia’s clothes in particular are so colorful and artistic, yet don’t seem too young for an elder.
    And the winner is OccipitalLobe
    kScTwlw.png

@OccipitalLobe, the judges have agreed that you should enter in the Established category going forward. Congrats on your promotion and good luck.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS124 Solving the Seniors Situation

@KitelDesigns
    49B2oes.png
    Great take on a traditional Japanese house. The CC artwork adds a nice touch. The gardens are lovely – good work on the terrain editing and terrain paint. Great job layering the flowers and rocks to make interesting flower beds. The paper doors and shoji walls are just perfect for conveying the Japanese style.

Suggestions: Please use the free cam mode to remove the UI (User Interface) from your screenshots by following the video instructions here: https://simscommunity.info/2018/07/08/the-sims-4-console-how-to-take-pro-screenshots/ Also make sure you are in Live mode when taking screenshots so that the grid is not visible.

@Wildflower1971
    vmPkAEH.jpg
    I love this little beach house! Great job on the terrain editing and use of the new pilings to prevent flooding. The beach fence is just perfect. Good job on the roof, and I love the wrap-around porch. The layered flowers leading up the front path is very nicely done. The interiors are light and airy which really fit with the beachy feel. I love the art space for Petunia. Great job on the tropical bedrooms. Clever idea for a lofted bed!

Suggestions: Captions on the photos really help out your judges. Are you on a console? If so, use Free Cam to remove the UI from your screenshots following the instructions here - https://simscommunity.info/2018/07/08/the-sims-4-console-how-to-take-pro-screenshots/

@SyddyB206
    WsURLel.png
    Retreat at Grandma’s is cute and compact. I like the impact created by the tall foundation. Good job on the roofline – don’t forget to show pictures of the sides of the house, too so that we get the full picture. The little kitchen is adorable! Cute living and dining rooms as well. Great job on your selection of clutter items to create a cozy and lived-in space. The guest room for the child is fantastic and good job on Aibreann’s room as well. Love the backyard which is nicely landscaped with pool and outdoor living spaces.

Suggestions: I would have liked to have seen a bit more detail in the landscaping on the front of the house.

@SimTresa
    KFXh4vx.png
    Cute house on pilings! I’m digging the beachy vibe. Good use of the hedge for privacy around the small pool. Great layout of the downstairs area. I love the rustic wood flooring and splashes of yellow. Good job blending elements of the Windenburg and Salvadorian styles. The yellow kitchen is so bright and welcoming! Petunia’s bedroom is lovely, showing off many of her beach-themed pieces of artwork. The kids bedroom is super cute - love the wave border on the wallpaper. The creativity room is nicely done with shades of blue and purple standing out.

Suggestions: Don’t forget to use the “alt” key when placing paintings so that you can center them in the available space. Use the “alt” key also when placing your flower bushes in a row. Rotating each slightly gives a more natural look.

@MACDesign
    j650PPB.png
    What a darling little house! I love how bushes camouflage the foundation and surround the house with green foliage. The deck is lovely with plenty of outdoor living space. This is one of my favorite lots, too! So cool that it’s surrounded by water and nestled off the beaten path. The neutral color scheme inside is very sophisticated. Love the kitchen island with plenty of storage. This almost has a “tiny house” fell where every available space is utilized and taken advantage of. The master bedroom is a serene retreat with lovely hints of blue. Love the “creek” running behind the back side of the property!

Suggestions: Watch your angles when taking photos.

@PINKUSFAMILY
    XrdaZz0.jpg
    What a lovely old Victorian! How creative to show the remodel just after the disaster with some of the flooding issues remaining. I really like the brown and yellow color scheme on the exterior of the home. Such cozy furnishings inside - the kitchen is homey and inviting. Great job on your cluttering. This home definitely looks realistic and lived-in. Love the brick walls surrounding the recessed fireplace. I’m sure Aibreann will love the greenhouse! Cute kids room - what grandchild wouldn’t love spending time here?

Suggestions: It looks like you might have had issues with friezes on the top floor. This tutorial may help - https://simsvip.com/the-sims-4-building-guide/#Friezes . I would suggest a neutral on the wall instead of the green downstairs to let the color in the curtains lead.

@Alisim19
    niPOQ3u.png
    How clever to show the effects of the devastation on the surrounding neighborhood! Great way to set the stage… Very creative shape to the house. Love the glass ceiling, solar panels and creative pilings. The surrounding deck is fantastic with tons of outdoor living spaces. I really like the eco-friendly theme running throughout. Such a creative story with the information about the drainage system and detailing all the thought that went into the design decisions. Love the gardening area for Mrs. Byrne. Gorgeous sitting area around the fireplace. Fantastic job on the kitchen. The level of detail in all the main living areas is top notch. Love the emergency pantry! The master bedroom is lovely – so sophisticated.

Suggestions: The wood furniture and wood walls in the office area had similar tones. Some contrast here might have been nice.

3gHHX7s.png
    And the winner is… @MACDesign
    2nd Place goes to: @Alisim19

8UtWI8f.png

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@KitelDesigns
    VspCLfr.png
    Love the candid shots of Bao in his home! Please do make sure we get to see all of his outfits. See comments on your build for how to remove the UI when taking screenshots on Xbox.

@SimTresa
    tJm2Op6.png
    Great job on Petunia Livingston! Thanks for showing all of her outfits, and love the candid shots of her in her new home. The captions on your pics are entertaining and really give a feel of the sim’s life and personality.

And the winner is… @SimTresa
    FnckIs7.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Congratulations, @Allears, @Pinkusfamily, @SimTresa, @Alisim19, @thehelper, @HEW310, @OccipitalLobe, @Wendyology !!!! =D
    And thank you :*
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congrats to all the winners! :)
    image.png
  • OccipitalLobeOccipitalLobe Posts: 26 Member
    Thank you so much, and congratulations to all winners <3
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    I am not on a console, I am on a PC how do i the ui removal on PC?
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    Congratulations to all..

Great job to the Winners !! This was such an interesting Challenge..

Thank you @BuildnShare for the tips on the Friezes ..

Everyone should feel proud of their Creations... I am so honored to be among such awesome Builders..

Have a great week all, and I m looking forward to the next Build N Share !

Diane Pinkus

• AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @KitelDesigns To get rid of the UI on your pictures - Open the Options Menu - Go to Game Options - Go to Screen Capture. On this screen, the bottom half (Memory/Screen Capture) has an option titled "Capture UI" - Remove the check mark. Apply changes. :)
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Beautiful homes in the starting out! Congratulations to the winners!
  • wendyologywendyology Posts: 395 Member
    Congratulations to everyone! Thanks for the feedback, doing these challenges is really helping me to up my building game.
    edited August 2019
    bhaXpM1.png

Expert Results for #BnS123 The Family Emergency

@Aljay
    p7XWSBx.png
    What a beautiful home! I love the choice of stone siding and the creation of a garage on the front. Cute idea to have the basketball hoop hung on the garage wall. Great job on the roof - it all blends together nicely in a complex shape. The garden area and water feature are just perfect. Love the choice of windows and doors all trimmed in white. Thanks for showing the original Rindle Rose footprint - that helps put things in perspective. The interiors are beautiful with a soothing color palette. The level of detail and cluttering is perfect. Great “built-ins” in the master walk-in closet! Fantastic use of color in the kids’ rooms. Love the basement space for the kids as well.

Suggestions: A different roof trim color or shape might give more definition to the shape of the exterior. Perhaps a tiny bit more color in the main living areas?

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Aljay

nzmOUdm.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png
    Room Challenge

@Aljay
    SPOILER IMAGE: vWPuu05.png
    Primary colors are hard to work with and especially in Sims 4 with our limited swatch choices. But you’re done a fantastic job! I like the use of the graphic wallpaper on selected walls with solid colors to break it up and keep it from being too overwhelming. Great choice of objects, and I love the custom artwork! Fantastic work.

And the winner is… @ Aljay
    nzmOUdm.jpg

Sim Challenge

@Aljay
    BbdsW6R.jpg
    What a nice family portrait! Thanks for showing all of the outfits for each family member. I like that their color preferences have been factored in here as well. Love all the candid shots - thanks for sharing!

@CJSimmie
    HQEp1JF.png
    How creative to start out with an old picture of the family taken before the storm! Great job on the outfit choices and on making each sim have a distinct personality through their clothing and hair. Cute candid shots as well.

And the winner is… @CJSimmie
    FVjyT3Y.png

3gHHX7s.png
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    O wow, thank you @BuildnShare for the results, the promotion and mostly the awesomely detailed feedback & suggestions! My daughter is going to be over the moon too 😎

Congrats to all winners....and all entries - fab builds all, am so glad I wasn’t the one voting!

Thanks everyone for the congrats 😁
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Congratulations @SimTresa on winning the room challenge (oops, I missed you)
    And congratulations @Alisim19 , @thehelper , @HEW310 , @michaelav19 , @Nym115 for your wins in The Family Emergency
    Congratulations to @OccipitalLobe , @Wendyology , @MACDesign , @AliSim19 , @SimTresa for your wins in Solving the Seniors Situation
    I hope I got everyone :) Great job everyone! I love seeing all the creativity out there.
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    edited August 2019
    Thanks, @Aljay. No worries. And congratulations to you for your wins as well. Your Family Emergency room actually inspired me a little bit.
    image.png
  • Nym115Nym115 Posts: 91 Member
    Oh hey. Just got around to noticing these. Thanks for the feedback!
    ae7.gif
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I can't wait to see the results of the Museum Build N Share.

The Judges are going to have a tough time with that one !!

Such creative Builds ALL of Them !

Truly Beautiful Builds ! I loved them all...

Happy September all and keep building !

Diane Pinkus
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results - Chalet Getaway - BnS125

@Taoron
    hIeNrOi.png
    I like the ‘Dining Level Lounging Area’. It offers a pleasing balance of clean lines, is classy yet comfortable, and has an amazing view. The pool area has a similar appeal aesthetically and functionally. I like the library - it has an inviting, warm feel, and I love the wood and wall of bookshelves! Your bar and dining area appear designed to accommodate many guests, a fact which I expect Mrs. Vanderclump will appreciate. There are many features and content additions that will make this an interesting and cozy home plus a lovely home to entertain in.

Nice job on the rooflines and general layout. The chalet is well-proportioned and attractive inside and out, plus providing walls of windows will be a lovely way to enjoy a chalet in the Alps!

Suggestions: I love the idea of the lookout room! I do wish that it contained at least a couple of pieces of comfy furniture, and maybe a small coffee, tea or bar area. The ‘garages’ and a few other areas appear quite empty. Adding some items to these rooms would have been a good use of your extra budget funds (and of free ‘debug’ items when funds run low). I would have liked to seem a closer view of the other bedrooms, bathrooms, etc. Be careful about ‘peering over the edge’, distant, ‘fish-bowl’ or otherwise overly-distorted images for screenshots. Please read the “Screenshots: Tips and Tricks “ at the beginning of the challenge thread.

Very nice job!
    You mentioned, “I still don't understand why it is not showing in the Gallery”. Builds with CC will not show in the gallery unless it is viewed both in-game and with the search option ticked to show custom content. If you choose to add custom content your lot will be flagged for it in the gallery, and will not show on many searches. It will also not be considered for a Maxis Fave, even if you have won a challenge and have done a lovely job. :(
    3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Taoron
    aQKyu3r.png

3gHHX7s.png

GArBA5W.jpg
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    @BuildnShare : Thanks! I'm 100% with you on the criticisms. I've just recently learned of the devastating effects of CC and discovered the debug items. The CC I used was inconsequential and if you wish, I can remove those couple of lamps and the kitchen cart and reupload it. Either way. I'm going to go back to it at some point in a fill in the things I wanted to do, once I get the Patio pack, etc. Thank you for the wonderful review.
    bhaXpM1.png

Expert Results for #BnS124 Solving the Seniors Situation

@Aljay
    D40QsDC.png
    What a beautiful beach cottage! I love the soft colors and the symmetry of the front porch/stairs. It’s a beautiful setting, and the home fits in it perfectly. Love the little greenhouse - so cute. Very nice pool and seating area. The garden with fountain is beautifully done. The colors inside are so lovely and tropical. Good job on the custom paintings. Adorable kids’ room - I love those rattan beds. What a creative job on the elevator!

Suggestions: In the first pictures there aren’t any windows on the sides, but in the nighttime pictures there are. I like it better with the windows!

@Allears
    gUK3XpX.png
    I love the look of this elevated little cottage! Great job on the planter beds, stone foundation and stone steps. Love the front door choice and flanking windows. They give the entrance a great deal of charm. Cool stone retaining wall on the side of the house! Lovely back patio with seating and grill. Great job on the flowers - just the right amount of color is added. This picture looks like it could be straight out of a magazine! The interiors are very homey. Love the painting/writing area for Petunia. Good use of color throughout and nice choice of custom paintings.

Suggestions: The scale of the windows on the front bump out seemed a little off. Maybe one large one instead?

@Devilariah
    uXPRAjO.png
    I love the light wood and A-frame shape on the this house. It has a bit of a Scandinavian feel to it. The purple flowers out front are lovely, too. Interesting greenhouse rooms on the sides to take advantage of the sun in any temperature. Inside, I like how you’ve taken the color scheme from the curtains and living furniture. This all blends very nicely with a good balance of color. Great job with clutter and indoor plants downstairs. She has the perfect little indoor gardening area! Nice work on the bedrooms and outdoor living spaces - love the overhead lattice with plants on it. The layering of wildflowers in the garden outside is fantastic. What a cute little sandbox area!

Suggestions: The roof over the front balcony attic with cupola on top looks like it needs some support in the form of columns or walls underneath. Using some different shapes of stone in the front area might look nice.

3gHHX7s.png

You guys didn't make it easy this round! Each of these builds were lovely in their own rights and had impressive touches throughout. But there can only be one winner, and the winner this challenge is… @Aljay

nzmOUdm.jpg
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • TaoronTaoron Posts: 2,031 Member
    Congrats @AlJay !!
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Congratulations @AlJay !!! =D
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    Well done @Taoron and @AlJay ! Congratulations on your wins!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    Congratulations to @Taoron and @AlJay! Nicely done! <3
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Congratulations all you clever cottage builders!!😉
    Congratulations @13Vader on your Maxis Fav for Camp Pride! Well done! <3
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi