Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic Official Countdown Thead (Release Day Now Available)!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    akasevenakaseven Posts: 279 Member
    akaseven wrote: »
    Imma hold off on believing rumors until the LS tomorrow, but that that list looks nice :D

it kind of broke my hopes of having potions related to other packages...

I didn't have many hopes for that, definitely not in the number of potions they mentioned. Since not everyone has all the packs, having ones related to other packs would decrease the amount for anyone who doesn't have those packs. Making them universal is less likely to cause issues (with people complaining that packs are dependent on each other, not with functionality)

which is a shame, I don't see it from the perspective that I need everything, I see it and I like it a lot when packages intertwine, gives you a greater sense of content and something more complete, not isolated packages. Anyway I expected because even in the sims 1 we have potions and spells that link the previous expansions, although it is last remember that the sims 3 also has something like.
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    The number is right, so this might well be legit

I don't think they'll make a lot of potions related to other packs for the simple reason that it would launch the whole "I need pack x,y,z to enjoy all the features of this one"-debate. I'm surprised enough as it is that we got cats & dogs to be familiars lol. But yeah, these could very well be correct. Where did you get this from?

I imagined 15 only ROM and additional wells based on the packs you have, such as vampire potion or vampire cure, reputation or fame potion, career promotion or even mermaid potion. I would love to stock up and sell as I did in the previous one. sorry for quoting the sims 3 so much but it is a basis I have to talk about alchemy :D
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I found some nice info here:
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/09/05/the-sims-4-realm-of-magic-new-information-found-in-patch-code/

Gosh this doesn't help me be any less excited. It also makes me feel like I shouldn't be reading this and just watch the LS instead, but I. can't. stop.
  • Options
    Like, I don't want to get my hopes up but ... doesn't this kind of sound like non-spellcasters might at least be able to do SOME kind of magic?
    "The three Sages in The Magic Realm have the power to teach anyone the magical arts."
    &
    "A student of the alchemical arts studies potions, elixirs, and tonics of all kinds. Who knows what power can be brewed up by a skilled Spellcaster?"

I still think it would be cool if non-spellcasters could learn alchemy after all. Probably not but whatever xD SO excited for the stream, there's so much left to figure out here!
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Imma hold off on believing rumors until the LS tomorrow, but that that list looks nice :D

I didn't have many hopes for that, definitely not in the number of potions they mentioned. Since not everyone has all the packs, having ones related to other packs would decrease the amount for anyone who doesn't have those packs. Making them universal is less likely to cause issues (with people complaining that packs are dependent on each other, not with functionality)

which is a shame, I don't see it from the perspective that I need everything, I see it and I like it a lot when packages intertwine, gives you a greater sense of content and something more complete, not isolated packages. Anyway I expected because even in the sims 1 we have potions and spells that link the previous expansions, although it is last remember that the sims 3 also has something like.

I agree, I love when the packs interconnect - maybe not on the level of MFPS but still - like that we know we'll be getting new activities for Get Together clubs and things like jobs/creative things from elsewhere contribute to fame. Or that we'll be able to use cats and dogs as familiars but there are RoM exclusive ones for anyone who doesn't have C&D.

Granted, I think those interconnections are also possibly a bit of a nightmare for the dev team lol 30 packs, so many possible combos that people may have.
  • Options
    https://simscommunity.info/2019/09/05/the-sims-4-realm-of-magic-new-information-found-in-patch-code/

Gosh this doesn't help me be any less excited. It also makes me feel like I shouldn't be reading this and just watch the LS instead, but I. can't. stop.

I'm curious what the talent tree of the conjurers will look like. I saw a "you can learn X magic after being a specilist" thing, something like a rank that exists on the vampire tree.
  • Options

I'm curious what the talent tree of the conjurers will look like. I saw a "you can learn X magic after being a specilist" thing, something like a rank that exists on the vampire tree.

Definitely ranks, yes, also going by this:
    "Sages will only teach the strongest spells to Spellcasters of the Virtuoso rank."
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Got me a cash card and added $25 to my EA Wallet.
  • Options

I agree, I love when the packs interconnect - maybe not on the level of MFPS but still - like that we know we'll be getting new activities for Get Together clubs and things like jobs/creative things from elsewhere contribute to fame. Or that we'll be able to use cats and dogs as familiars but there are RoM exclusive ones for anyone who doesn't have C&D.

Granted, I think those interconnections are also possibly a bit of a nightmare for the dev team lol 30 packs, so many possible combos that people may have.

i see... but I would really love to get a new spell or a new potion (like a mini cheats in the game) with each pack if it were possible, assuming we can have fairies in the future, in that adds the potion of turning into fairies. Package updates make things more fun, but anyway I'm still hyper for the gamepack, I believe that at the point I mentioned there may be two solutions, in my legacy create something that pretends to be these potions or some modder add more potions, which I really don't doubt it. :D

Definitely ranks, yes, also going by this:
    "Sages will only teach the strongest spells to Spellcasters of the Virtuoso rank."

THIS.... strange to have no tree perks code ...
  • Options
    *looks at countdown*
    *looks at bills*
    *sighs heavily*

I hate that my countdown will be longer than this because I'm so stoked for the pack.

As for the perks and ranks, I wonder if it'll be a case (with the Sages) similar to the fame perks, where the Virtuoso rank will be one side of the perks tree & only on that side will you get the perk of being taught by the Sages? Like you only get the celebrity treatment if you choose perks on that side of the tree.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    *looks at countdown*
    *looks at bills*
    *sighs heavily*

I hate that my countdown will be longer than this because I'm so stoked for the pack.

As for the perks and ranks, I wonder if it'll be a case (with the Sages) similar to the fame perks, where the Virtuoso rank will be one side of the perks tree & only on that side will you get the perk of being taught by the Sages? Like you only get the celebrity treatment if you choose perks on that side of the tree.

I think, but I don't know of course, that every type will be able to reach the virtuoso level. Kind of like all vampires can become master vampires. But it does sound like you're "picking" a type of magic from these descriptions (which I'd love actually), so I'm not 100% sure how that system would work. I don't think it'll be the perks/quirks we got for fame though. More like the powers/weaknesses vampires have.

ETA: also, sorry about your bills :/
  • Options
    *looks at countdown*
    *looks at bills*
    *sighs heavily*

I think, but I don't know of course, that every type will be able to reach the virtuoso level. Kind of like all vampires can become master vampires. But it does sound like you're "picking" a type of magic from these descriptions (which I'd love actually), so I'm not 100% sure how that system would work. I don't think it'll be the perks/quirks we got for fame though. More like the powers/weaknesses vampires have.

Sudden regret about not having the Vampires pack (it's not high on my wishlist) but I'm gonna go look at how it works just so I have a better idea. Makes sense that it'd be closer to that though, being an Occult pack and all :D

(and eh, real life isn't fun. them's the breaks, sadly. it just extra sucks timing-wise this time)
  • Options
    *looks at countdown*
    *looks at bills*
    *sighs heavily*

Sudden regret about not having the Vampires pack (it's not high on my wishlist) but I'm gonna go look at how it works just so I have a better idea. Makes sense that it'd be closer to that though, being an Occult pack and all :D

(and eh, real life isn't fun. them's the breaks, sadly. it just extra plum timing-wise this time)

Honestly, I don't use it a ton :D I'm not strictly speaking an occult player, I just LOVE magic & witches in my games. Just so I can live out my wild fantasies of being one of the charmed ones or a muggle selected to go to Hogwarts :sweat_smile:

I guess there are similarities though, between the two systems, it's just that weaknesses, for example, aren't assigned randomly, allowing you to more freely create the type of vampire you want to have. Fame quirks, on the other hand, are given based on things your sim does, and while I love GF, this - for me - is one of its weaker aspects. But given the descriptions, it seems like in RoM you can select a certain witchcraft "path", if that makes sense, which wouldn't be exactly as Vampires, so I'm confused. Glad we'll know more soon.

And by the gods am I jealous of those game changers who are probably basking in the glory of the magic realm as we speak :'(
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    My guesses on the potions leak:
    BFF Potion
    Guessing this makes the person who drinks it like you? Not very glamorous, but practical.

Death Proof Potion
    Most likely just gives you a Hail Mary when you're about to die. Meh, we have those already.

Empty Mind Potion
    Probably just removes moodlets, but it'd be cool if it also wiped out skills, too. Sing one Winterfest song with the family, and you have the Singing skill for live. Or maybe this potion makes you forget all your magic and turns you into a normal sim, so witches can sabotage each other.

Feel Good Potion
    Please please please please please don't just be a potion that maxes out your needs and gives you a happy moodlet.

Immortality Potion
    Self-explanatory.

Glowy Potion
    Best-case scenario: Your sim glows and has abilities/weaknesses associated with it.
    Worst-case scenario: They put the Get Famous celebrity glow over your sim and that's it.

Hate Potion
    The anti-BFF potion? Or you can make the drinker hate a specific sim? I hope it's the latter, because this would be a great way to destroy families.

Life Extension Potion
    Self-explanatory, and likely unnecessary given how cheap Potions of Youth are. Likely not worth wasting ingredients on, except to level up your magic when you're just starting out.

Love Potion
    See my comments on the Hate Potion. But even if it's just like the Sims 2 Love Potion, I'll probably have my alchemist store sell a few bushels.

Luck Potion/Nullify Potion
    No idea what these could be. Has me curious.

Phermone Potion
    Is this a misspelling, or is it some kind of pun?

What I'm thinking: Other sims become flirty in your presence, are more likely to flirt and will accept all your friendly/funny/romantic actions.
    What I'm dreading:+1 Flirty moodlet.

Prank Potion
    I'm guessing it's the magical equivalent of a stink bomb or whoopie cushion - an easy-to-make potion that slightly annoys the sim you use it on. Maybe it's that smelly potion Grace uses on Not Newt in the trailer. An early-game potion for novice witches. I hope kids can use these, but I doubt it.

Remove Curse Potion
    Self-explanatory.

Skill Potion
    Probably gives you a moodlet and helps you skill up faster. I'm hoping it's like a nerfed Wishing Well that will automatically level up one of your skills.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    My guesses on the potions leak:
    BFF Potion
    Guessing this makes the person who drinks it like you? Not very glamorous, but practical.

Death Proof Potion
    Most likely just gives you a Hail Mary when you're about to die. Meh, we have those already.

Empty Mind Potion
    Probably just removes moodlets, but it'd be cool if it also wiped out skills, too. Sing one Winterfest song with the family, and you have the Singing skill for live. Or maybe this potion makes you forget all your magic and turns you into a normal sim, so witches can sabotage each other.

Feel Good Potion
    Please please please please please don't just be a potion that maxes out your needs and gives you a happy moodlet.

Immortality Potion
    Self-explanatory.

Glowy Potion
    Best-case scenario: Your sim glows and has abilities/weaknesses associated with it.
    Worst-case scenario: They put the Get Famous celebrity glow over your sim and that's it.

Hate Potion
    The anti-BFF potion? Or you can make the drinker hate a specific sim? I hope it's the latter, because this would be a great way to destroy families.

Life Extension Potion
    Self-explanatory, and likely unnecessary given how cheap Potions of Youth are. Likely not worth wasting ingredients on, except to level up your magic when you're just starting out.

Love Potion
    See my comments on the Hate Potion. But even if it's just like the Sims 2 Love Potion, I'll probably have my alchemist store sell a few bushels.

Luck Potion/Nullify Potion
    No idea what these could be. Has me curious.

Phermone Potion
    Is this a misspelling, or is it some kind of pun?

What I'm thinking: Other sims become flirty in your presence, are more likely to flirt and will accept all your friendly/funny/romantic actions.
    What I'm dreading:+1 Flirty moodlet.

Prank Potion
    I'm guessing it's the magical equivalent of a stink bomb or whoopie cushion - an easy-to-make potion that slightly annoys the sim you use it on. Maybe it's that smelly potion Grace uses on Not Newt in the trailer. An early-game potion for novice witches. I hope kids can use these, but I doubt it.

Remove Curse Potion
    Self-explanatory.

Skill Potion
    Probably gives you a moodlet and helps you skill up faster. I'm hoping it's like a nerfed Wishing Well that will automatically level up one of your skills.

i agree, but i think the skill potion maybe give your sim one skill point
    randomly as had one on sims 3.

Can this mind potion serve the same purpose as one of the aliens' abilities of clearing your sim's relationship with another?

the glow can be the same effect what aliens have when are with strong emotions.
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Ahh we're at five days! Mad I'll miss the livestream tomorrow but hopefully enough people do reviews and highlights I can get all the information when I'm home from work.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    What I would like is a followup game pack or expansion to RoM to add even more fantasy/mythical elements. What about dungeon adventures, cave adventures, find artifacts in crypts, meet/slay a dragon. Build a fantasy city with fantasy building elements including clothes, hair styles, etc...
  • Options
    *looks at countdown*
    *looks at bills*
    *sighs heavily*

Have you thought of entering to win a free copy? Lots of simmers are raffeling off codes to the winner.
  • Options
    4 Days Left!!!!!
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    "Casters Alley in The Magic Realm is your one stop shop for all things magic."

Okay everyone hasn't been calling the marketplace Diagon Alley so now can we call it an IP legal Diagon Alley?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Wow 4 days!? A game changer out there somewhere is having a lot of fun right now. Haha
  • Options
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    Wow 4 days!? A game changer out there somewhere is having a lot of fun right now. Haha

GC don't get it till the LS is finished
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Ahh we're at five days! Mad I'll miss the livestream tomorrow but hopefully enough people do reviews and highlights I can get all the information when I'm home from work.

they replay it.
  • Options

They'll probably post it on youtube.
  • Options
    WolfNate wrote: »
    Amj1995 wrote: »

GC don't get it till the LS is finished

They got it Today. Early Access started Today. Their embargoed for showing content until Monday.
  • Options

They got it Today. Early Access started Today. Their embargoed for showing content until Monday.

Oh? I'm sorry... I saw someone saw after LS so thought...

Anyway nice to least know all 15 potions.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top