Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to see more Hot Tubs patched into Perfect Patio SP?

HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Perfect Patio's main gameplay highlight is the hot tub. In a previous poll, the forum community voted against hot tubs being patched into the base game for free. Compared to other stuff packs provided in The Sims 4, Perfect Patio is this DLC type that has the least amount of items offered.

Would you like to see The Sims Studio patch in more hot tubs for Perfect Patio SP owners?

----

A list of hot tubs from past Sims franchises.

The Sims
WhirlWizard Hot Tub from The Sims - BG
latest?cb=20160601170101

Niagara Love Tub from The Sims Hot Date - EP
latest?cb=20160601170128

Redwood Hot Tub from The Sims Vacation - EP
latest?cb=20160601170218

Jewel in the Crown Spa Tub from The Sims Superstar - EP
250?cb=20160601170254

----

The Sims 2
Bubble-Up "Soaking Zone" Hot Tub - BG
latest?cb=20140619003043

VaporWare Submergence Spa - BG
latest?cb=20140619003043

Love Tub - BG
latest?cb=20140619002616

----

The Sims 3
The Maelstrom Hot Tub - Late Night EP
latest?cb=20130819023830

The Serenity Hot Tub - Late Night EP
latest?cb=20130819024001

The Modern Rustic Hot Tub - Outdoor Living SP
latest?cb=20130819023846

The Resplendence Hot Tub - Outdoor Living SP
latest?cb=20130819023940

The Empress Hot Tub - Outdoor Living SP
latest?cb=20130819023811

The Aqueous Garden Hot Tub - Outdoor Living SP
latest?cb=20130819023752

The Water Course Hot Tub - Outdoor Living SP
latest?cb=20130819024115

Top Deco Mini Spa Hot Tub - Showtime EP
latest?cb=20130819024037

Ponce De León Grotto Hot Tub - Showtime EP
latest?cb=20130819023923

Uniformity Hot Tub - Seasons EP
latest?cb=20130819024057

"The Perfect Warm" Hot Tub - Island Paradise EP
130?cb=20150819204547

Wet-Side Hot Tub - Island Paradise EP
130?cb=20150819204449

Neptune's Grotto Hot Tub by Arasika Industries - Into the Future EP
130?cb=20150819204344

Celtic Charm Hot Tub - Store Item
130?cb=20140525102219

Desert Oasis Hot Tub - Store Item
130?cb=20140525102129

----

The Sims 4
Left of Center Hot Tub - Perfect Patio SP
jRuaD7z.jpg

Pringo's Heater Hot Tub - Perfect Patio SP
Perfect-Patio-Wood-Hot-Tub.png

* I'll take some of my own screenshots of TS4 PP hot tubs when I get home.
wB2Zykl.jpg

Would you like to see more Hot Tubs patched into Perfect Patio SP? 49 votes

Yes
85%
CK213icmnfrshCabelle1863SimsILikeSimsWritin_Regalanmichael1KalaniCoolthecatsredHestiataydevspice3Foxrox77riccardougaStripedSimsbixterswormstache999Lemon405mariajane216ChadSims2MasonGamer 42 votes
No
14%
IdontrcallPlayerSinger2010Bagoas77Sindocatsillyangel0906NorthDakotaGamerEvie0602 7 votes

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    I'm getting a bit tired of Hot Tubs threads, personally. Why all the angst?
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Yes
    @Simburian I'm not sure where you're getting that idea from (angst). A continuation of one thread after a vote seems perfectly normal. If I didn't deliver the message in this OP in a well-mannered fashion, please let me know which part needs to be corrected.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
    It's certainly well mannered but I would prefer future GPs and Expansions to bring those benefits to Simmers who actually bought that pack. That would be fairer for those who paid out in the first place. Therefore I refuse to vote. :/
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    You make a good point @Simburian , but I'm not sure at this point if most of the community will want hot tubs outside of Perfect Patio since that is the main gameplay content and marketing point of that DLC. We've been offered 5 years of The Sims 4 and none of the EPs/GPs/SPs outside of it has had hot tubs. 🤔
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yes
    A bit self serving but with Realm of Magic coming out... I wouldn't mind seeing a Cauldron Hot Tub. :#>:)

I don't see the problem with them patching in something new into a pack I already bought. As long as they don't patch it into the base game.
    But if they updated a pack I already purchased, that should be free content.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    edited September 2019
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    A bit self serving but with Realm of Magic coming out... I wouldn't mind seeing a Cauldron Hot Tub. :#>:)

I don't see the problem with them patching in something new into a pack I already bought. As long as they don't patch it into the base game.

But, for example. What if it could be used as a Hot Tub for those who had bought the Perfect Patio Stuff as an extra use? Just an example but those who buy Stuff packs should get some perks sometimes.
  • IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    No
    I wouldn't be against it, but I can't say I'm for it. So I suppose I'm neutral on the subject.

I'd rather they add in some hot tubs in new packs. In ground or two-person romantic hot tub perhaps. If the hot tub matched the theme of the pack it would be great.

I think you left off at least one or more on Sims 3. I remember there being one with cards on it from the store. It was tacky, but it matched the Las Vegas theme of the set.
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    @Idontrcall I’ll check back as soon as I get home and update the pictures.

(My gosh the amount of stuff offered from TS3!)

I would absolutely love to see The Sims Studio add themed hot tubs for paid DLC (especially expansion packs) but there may be once again a gray area with how Perfect Patio is marketed. :/
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes
    It would give me a reason to buy it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Yes
    I'd be perfectly fine with them actually rewarding players who purchase packs, by upgrading them.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    Simburian wrote: »

But, for example. What if it could be used as a Hot Tub for those who had bought the Perfect Patio Stuff as an extra use? Just an example but those who buy Stuff packs should get some perks sometimes.

With the size The Cauldron is, it should be a hot tub lol.

I think If you have Perfect Patio Installed perhaps it could have been a neat bonus feature in this instance, Where you wanted to do like a Little Hansel and Gretel Story... Something like that could be interesting in my book... of course you can't kill sims directly... but it could be funny if a sim was taking a dip in a spell caster's cauldron and the spell caster comes around like "What are you doing?! Well I guess while you're here..."

But Since Hot tubs were one of the focused luxury items in Perfect Patio it should be installed to unlock that feature. I don't think all packs should have come with their own hot tubs tho. But I believe all, or most, packs should be interconnected of course. and definitely updating to keep things fresh and enticing and maybe reel in more people to buy the pack if they had not bought it.

I know the topic is Hot tubs... but bare with me!
    In general
    Like adding to Get to Work, of course we can make magic Shops if we want to but what about Doctors, Scientists, and Detectives?
    What new Magical mysteries can be solved? Odd Illnesses or injuries caused by magic can be cured? New Experiments and gadgets could be invented to aid or use against Magic? Does it have to be just aliens?

And yeah we're getting Magic in the realm of Magic but implore them to think, what other packs could add more magic.
    With Seasons yeah we should have more weather/Nature manipulation spells. Life State transformation spells, turning a sim into a Mermaid, Vampire, Alien, Plant Sim, Ghost, Cat, Dog, Human and all life states to come. as we go on there should be more spells, pending on the pack concept.

But For the topic of Hot Tubs it has to fit the pack concept, Like Vampires... I don't think it might... Unless you want your vampire to soak in a Hot Plasma Bath... :o it wouldn't really... Maybe? (Bathing in the plasma of my enemies :D I want this NOW! What Have I done...)

Hmmm, Realm of Magic You could do the Cauldron like I said, have a literal Fountain of Youth Hot Tub.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes
    Seeing it was actually in the first game from Will wright that people paid for i have to change my vote to yes. If Will Wright designed the game that way for people who did not get their game free then I have to believe as creator of the game he wanted it that way and there probably should have been one in each base game for free - that and the pool table anyway.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    Yes
    The OP just shows how hard TS4 players got cheated on hot tubs. Even TS2 had 3...in the base game! Yes, I think that 2-3 new hot tubs should be patched into the pack. Also, I think the rule about things in SP's being "features that no one wanted to put in the bigger packs go here, so take it or leave it" was a bad idea to begin with, because it allowed things like the hot tub drought and the EP's feeling half full to happen in the first place. It's like we're one step away from loot boxes/gatchapons being the main delivery system for additional items for TS5...
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
    Yes
    @SimsLovinLycan You nailed it.
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No
    I bought Perfect Patio for what it offered, when I bought it. Of course I would be delighted by more options in general, but I always choose my packs based on the content they provide, rather than what I wish or imagine they should provide. No need to go back to an old pack to introduce changes. I'd happily by another pack if it offered options I found appealing.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    I do not use the hot tubs enough to matter.
  • StripedSimsStripedSims Posts: 23 Member
    Yes
    I want a love/romantic hot tub. Definitly something they missed
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Yes
    Hestia, I think you hit on the perfect solution: allow Perfect Patio purchasers to keep their value-added by patching in primo options and more hot tub configurations for those who purchase, but patch back in the basic hot tub with flirty options, but not other configurations, styles, sizes, etc. as a base game add-on for the multitudes who want the hot tub back but hate the idea of buying an entire pack for it. What to PP buyers think of that? Would it maintain their investment if they got heart-shaped tubs, tubs with extra emotional auras (along the lines of the Tea Maker...there could be aromatherapy options!), and design options, and the rest of us just get the basic hot tub and the chance to use it in the basic ways?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    mikerox9 wrote: »
    I want a love/romantic hot tub. Definitly something they missed
    I agree. I would even go ahead and purchase PP if it patched in extra configurations like a heart-shaped tub, an in-ground or floor-level tub (for decks..over existing rooms would be a problem), and aromatherapy buttons that can affect mood much like the tea maker: you could choose one for Energized, one for Flirty, one for Sore Muscles, even one to combat a cold (Eucalyptus blend, anyone?). The possibilities for fleshing out the hot tub into something really cool are tantalizing. I'd take the job if I could get it! What about a saltwater option for Merfolk?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    Yes
    Can we get an in-ground hottub, please?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    They could have added a new hot tub into Romantic Garden Stuff or Backyard Stuff because it would fit either theme but they chose not to.

They could’ve added a new hot tub in Seasons because it would fit the theme but they chose not to.

To tell you the truth, I think they’ve crunched the data and figured that not many people are using hot tubs and that’s why they haven’t added any more.

I don’t foresee them adding new hot tubs for owners of Perfect Patio Stuff. I don’t foresee them adding new hot tubs period.
    Yes
    Simburian wrote: »

But For the topic of Hot Tubs it has to fit the pack concept, Like Vampires... I don't think it might... Unless you want your vampire to soak in a Hot Plasma Bath... :o it wouldn't really... Maybe? (Bathing in the plasma of my enemies :D I want this NOW! What Have I done...)

Hmmm, Realm of Magic You could do the Cauldron like I said, have a literal Fountain of Youth Hot Tub.

I don't get why it would be necessary to get that complicated over it, since we don't need a special different version of other mood-affecting items for each expansion pack: for instance, the Tea Maker and the Bubble Blower all work the same, regardless of whether a Vampire, Merperson, Doctor, or Alien use them. Hot tubs could be useful for fun choices of a variety of things all players could enjoy, like those other things (and maybe a few novel ones I can imagine, using aromatherapy, heat, and jet settings to do things like help combat a cold, make a Sim feel energized, focused, relaxed, flirty, or soothe sore muscles or get rid of tension) without needing a separate or unique set of options for each expansion pack or game pack.

What do you think?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Yes
    Sure why not they could add a in-ground hot tub and probably get a lot of new sales for that pack. The hot tub in Perfect Patio is so ugly so I'm sure people who had not purchased it before would.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    Yes
    thecatsred wrote: »
    Can we get an in-ground hottub, please?

I second that!
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Would I mind if they added more? No. But would I expect it? No, at least not in this pack now.