Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rainbow Sundae: A very berry legacy! (Updates sporadically)

Comments

• TheYayToastTheYayToast Posts: 1,466 Member
    Another update to munch on. The fun stuff that comes after a wedding.

Spoilers that are actual spoilers... don’t read till you’ve read the chapter...
    Totally unplanned pregnancy. Thank you MCCC Risky Woohoo.

@Queenarella Lol. Aiden got a carrot their first Christmas and he was so plum.

Caroline isn’t hot headed, surprisingly. She’s jealous, romantic, and ambitious... I think. Lol. I think she just wants a tumble or two with Aiden.

He would. He totally would: “You mean have a kid... on purpose?! What if we wanted to move? Or go on a fancy vacation or to dinner...”

OH! Jealous is almost as "bad" as the Hot Headed trait - if not worse. I've had few sims with this trait before and I really don't like it. They're sad when someone else around them performs a romantic interaction, they're tense when they're partner is not around (so basically they're always tense at work!) and get angry easily... It's real jealousy a bit over the top imo.

Non-committal sims tend to freak out over babies :D But that's something that can change, too. Don as an adult had a whim to try for baby with Linda several times.

Jealous totally is an awful trait. I made the mistake once of having my sim marry Akira Kibo... he was such a butt to her.

I’ve played multiple sims with hot headed. Like Sam. Hot headed can be annoying, but you can manage the anger pretty easy. Sam would throw a tantrum and then Andres would just tell her to take a chill pill and I’d just have her go jogging to clear her head.

Last save world (not berry version) of Aiden and Anita, Aiden was the one to roll up the whims for get married and have kids. Anita barely wants anything ever. Besides plant stuff. She’s too chill. She might have rolled have a kid once.
    edited September 2019
    I actually updated the links on the forum thread’s front page... I'm shocked at myself.

Now to get around to making the front page appealing.

Don’t even get me started on the blog. Lol.
    Post edited by TheYayToast on
    So I have made a teeny playlist of songs for generation one...

“My Honest Face” by Inhaler
    “I Dare You” by The Regrettes
    “Cherry Red” by Ida Maria
    “Kingdumb” by Fangclub
    “Might Be Right” by White Reaper

Maybe I’ll actually make them as a Spotify playlist or something. Byes for now!
    edited September 2019
    Deleted cause it was a double post
    Post edited by TheYayToast on
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    The chapter started of so innocently :D And we did talk about it like 2 days ago :D Love MCCC but I don't have that part. It's the Woohoo part, right?

I'm sure they'll be fine.

I've had the hot headed trait even less times than the jealous one :D But I believe you that it's easy to handle. Unlike the jealous one. It's the worst trait in the whole game.

It's weird how sims react sometimes. But it makes the game more interesting :)

I have never even heard of any of the songs or artists :sweat_smile: I guess I'm old.

The chapter started of so innocently :D And we did talk about it like 2 days ago :D Love MCCC but I don't have that part. It's the Woohoo part, right?

I've had the hot headed trait even less times than the jealous one :D But I believe you that it's easy to handle. Unlike the jealous one. It's the worst trait in the whole game.

I have never even heard of any of the songs or artists :sweat_smile: I guess I'm old.

Yeah, it’s the woohoo part. I only use it for the risky cause it’s just an added randomness. I dunno, I just don’t want my sims to level up their woohoo skill. Lol.

They’ll totally be fine. Probably.

It is so weird how sims react, but I wish their was even more reactions to things. Like sims reacting to share big news for example.

You’re not old. Most people haven’t heard of those songs. They are all new songs by newish bands, except for Ida Maria. Cherry Red is from 2011. I spend a lot of time listening to new music at work.
    New update today...

[url=“https://theyaytoast.wordpress.com/2019/09/06/rainbow-sundae-1-30/”]1.30[/url]

As per normal (for now at least), expect another new chapter on Monday.

Yeah, it’s the woohoo part. I only use it for the risky cause it’s just an added randomness. I dunno, I just don’t want my sims to level up their woohoo skill. Lol.

It is so weird how sims react, but I wish their was even more reactions to things. Like sims reacting to share big news for example.

You’re not old. Most people haven’t heard of those songs. They are all new songs by newish bands, except for Ida Maria. Cherry Red is from 2011. I spend a lot of time listening to new music at work.

Hm, the random risky woohoo thing is kinda tempting. Maybe I should add it, too :D But eh, woohoo skilling? WHAT? :joy:

Do you mean the weird mouth thing? I think it's gone. I'm not sure tho. I hated it xD

Oh good :D My taste in music is old tho. There are a few younger bands/songs I like but none of those songs make me feel like Queen does or maybe also Billy Joel. I'm a 90s kid but my music taste is from the 70s/80s :D

Hm, the random risky woohoo thing is kinda tempting. Maybe I should add it, too :D But eh, woohoo skilling? WHAT? :joy:

Do you mean the weird mouth thing? I think it's gone. I'm not sure tho. I hated it xD

Oh good :D My taste in music is old tho. There are a few younger bands/songs I like but none of those songs make me feel like Queen does or maybe also Billy Joel. I'm a 90s kid but my music taste is from the 70s/80s :D

@Queenarella I love 70's and 80's music. I was raised on classic rock, so I grew up listening to rock from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. Queen and Billy Joel are fantastic. My favorite Queen song has to be probably "I Want to Break Free" or "Fat Bottomed Girls" as a lark. Billy Joel song is tied between "You Might Be Right" or "Only the Good Die Young".

My favorite band that aren't from a million years ago are The Struts. They are heavily influenced by classic rock, such as Queen. The lead singer is super glam and can have a very Freddie aesthetic. Their first album, Everyone Wants, is fantastic. Best song is "Could Have Been Me" with "Put Your Money On Me" as number two. I definitely recommend it since you love classic rock.

The weird mouth thing was awful! Like who thought that was a good expression for being told you're gonna be a father or whatever!?!?

Woohoo skilling. It's a thing... for some reason. Lol.

@Queenarella I love 70's and 80's music. I was raised on classic rock, so I grew up listening to rock from the 60's, 70's, and 80's. Queen and Billy Joel are fantastic. My favorite Queen song has to be probably "I Want to Break Free" or "Fat Bottomed Girls" as a lark. Billy Joel song is tied between "You Might Be Right" or "Only the Good Die Young".

My favorite band that aren't from a million years ago are The Struts. They are heavily influenced by classic rock, such as Queen. The lead singer is super glam and can have a very Freddie aesthetic. Their first album, Everyone Wants, is fantastic. Best song is "Could Have Been Me" with "Put Your Money On Me" as number two. I definitely recommend it since you love classic rock.

The weird mouth thing was awful! Like who thought that was a good expression for being told you're gonna be a father or whatever!?!?

Woohoo skilling. It's a thing... for some reason. Lol.

My favorite Queen song changes almost every week. I just recently bought all the songs (broke now but worth it). I think my currenty two favorites are "Jealousy" (kinda love the slow sad ones) and "Seven Seas of Rhye". For Billy Joel I have to confess I only have 2 songs :joy: But both are awesome. "Piano Man" gives me goosebumps every single time I listen to it.

Oh, that sounds interesting! I took note of the name and will look at it after my horrible exam :)

Yeah and it was in the game for almost 5 years. So ugly :D

OOOOKAAAAAY :joy: Whoever thought this up... maybe should see a s.. education class :#
    edited September 2019
    Good morning or evening or just day in general to you all! Hitting you this Monday with an update. This one is a dark one, so fair warning. I don't usually subscribe to using trigger warnings, but just a head's up that if you are uncomfortable reading about domestic violence... this issue isn't for you. This is the last dramatic story update this generation. Promise. Cross my heart and hope to be spry. Stick a poodle in my eye.

Here go: 1.31

Also... I update my blog's theme. Let me know what you think of the revamp!
    edited September 2019
    So big news... Generation One has come to a close. Meet the second generation and check out the legacy home.

1.33 is filled to the brim with pictures. A lot of them are in slide show format just to make it easier.

Check my gallery to download the legacy home as well as an available cutie. My ID is theyaytoast.

Download the legacy home.

Download a cute sim. They are offered in a no cc version. So you can add them to even your non berry world.

Sneak peek:
    gen1end_035.jpg
    The revamp looks awesome! The sprinkles are perfect for a Sundae :p

I can't stand Sheldon even less now... Good thing Anita could handle the situation.

Wait, why isn't he the heir? Is it a matriarchy?

It's always heartbreaking to see a pet die... Even if it's "just" in the game. That's why I'm too scared to get one for my families...

The house is amazing :love: I love huge windows on sims homes!
    edited September 2019
    The revamp looks awesome! The sprinkles are perfect for a Sundae :p

I can't stand Sheldon even less now... Good thing Anita could handle the situation.

Wait, why isn't he the heir? Is it a matriarchy?

It's always heartbreaking to see a pet die... Even if it's "just" in the game. That's why I'm too scared to get one for my families...

The house is amazing :love: I love huge windows on sims homes!

@Queenarella Ayden (forever after known as Ida) can’t be the heir cause he’s the same color as his Mom. The next gen has to be a different skin color. So their second kiddo. Ashlynn, is pink like her dad so she gets to be heir.

I’m glad you liked the sprinkles! I was so happy with how those came out. My husband saw me designing the sprinkle background and was like: Oh it looks 90’s. So I was inspired to add the little geometric shapes to make it more 90’s influenced. And it really helps tie it together.

Watching the pets die in game kills me every time. I feel sad cause they can’t even plead to save them!

I’m so proud of the house! I adore those loft windows so much. Even if they have empty rooms cause they only make 5k or so a day... Anita’s garden is crazy profitable.
    Proudly announcing the first chapter of generation two! Introducing our cute new heir: Ashlynn Grofield.

Rainbow Sundae 2.0
    Beep beep. Dropping off another chapter of Ashlynn, that way you can get more of a feel for her... I adore her. I hope you will too!

Oh that is cool! To get a rainbow :)

Ashlynn is so darn cute :love: It's nice to see her dad has dark pink her, she has lighter pink hair and Ida has the lightest shade of pink :D

Oh no, Buterscotch is old? :(

Ashlynn turned in a beautiful teen :love: She looks a lot like Anita, doesn't she?

Haha, good old grumpy Cara.

Ashlynn is so darn cute :love: It's nice to see her dad has dark pink her, she has lighter pink hair and Ida has the lightest shade of pink :D

Ashlynn turned in a beautiful teen :love: She looks a lot like Anita, doesn't she?

She really does look like Anita. Both kids do. They have the sharp angles. They did get some of Aiden, but only to soften her features. Lol.

It was crazy how short of a time Butterscotch seemed to be around. I dunno... I guess he did last till Ida was almost a young adult though.

I love how oddly grumpy Cara is. Like lol wut.

New update... and after this, prepare for cute magical adventure for a bit. Hehe.

She really does look like Anita. Both kids do. They have the sharp angles. They did get some of Aiden, but only to soften her features. Lol.

It was crazy how short of a time Butterscotch seemed to be around. I dunno... I guess he did last till Ida was almost a young adult though.

I love how oddly grumpy Cara is. Like lol wut.

New update... and after this, prepare for cute magical adventure for a bit. Hehe.

Her pink version :D So she has at least that feature from Aiden.

That sounds kinda short compared to the other two dogs...

I bet it's her jealous trait. It makes her hate everything :D

Ooh, Realm of Magic ^^ I've bought it, too, but haven't tried it yet.
    Halo happy readers! I don't usually post on weekends, but I've been playing Realms of Magic and I wanted to share my fabulous gameplay. So you all get spoiled.

2.3 (First chapter with Realms of Magic content)

Enjoy the randomness.
    The idea of a different world is sooooo cool! :love:

How did you get the berry colors and "normal" colors in one save?

I'm excited to see more about their spellcaster life!

@Queenarella Haha, I got both berry and normal in one save by being lazy! If I wanted the spellcasters to all be berry I'd have to take them all to CAS and edit the skin and hair. The berry colors aren't default replacements. So I was like... nah, they get to stay normal colored. Lol.

The magical world is so gorgeous... *sniffle* I love it. And the decor it adds it so pretty... and oh the outfits. I adore them all-- okay most of them.

@Queenarella Haha, I got both berry and normal in one save by being lazy! If I wanted the spellcasters to all be berry I'd have to take them all to CAS and edit the skin and hair. The berry colors aren't default replacements. So I was like... nah, they get to stay normal colored. Lol.

The magical world is so gorgeous... *sniffle* I love it. And the decor it adds it so pretty... and oh the outfits. I adore them all-- okay most of them.

Oh I see! So you also delete newly spawned townies in your berry safe?

There are a few female outfits that make me wonder how they got them past the teen rate :D
    So apparently MCCC doesn't like skeletons much...

Anita was out hanging out with her sister when she encountered this:

tumblr_pxw4bhlxKW1wwvkeco1_r1_1280.jpg

Anita: "Hey Scapula, haven't seen you since Selvadorada. Didn't you used to be an Azure Skeleton?"

Scapula: "I got betta."