Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The patch is out!!!

Comments

• meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Thank you for the hijabs.
    Kimonos and Hanboks next please.๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ™†๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Can we talk about the grilled cheese pattern on the new outdoor furniture set? It's pretty awesome (the flamingos are nice too).
    tumblr_pxdi543cab1v8k7elo1_1280.jpg

But I'm mostly happy about the new stair building options and the fact that they fixed floors in split level basements. And that outdoor trim next to stairs thing, that too.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited September 2019
    meeoun wrote: ยป

Id really love to see a qipao/cheongsam
    Or hanfu! โ™ก

2018-new-ancient-chinese-costume-women-clothes-robes-traditional-beautiful-hanfu-dance-costumes-sobretudo-feminino-dress.jpg

cheong00087_r2.jpg
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I like everything about the update and have been experimenting with the new "crazy" stairs for the last 40 minutes, absolutely amazing! The CAS items are also really nice, the items are very versatile. But I will be keeping an eye on my favourite modders because someone is going to edit the mesh of the hijab to make a great scarf.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    meeoun wrote: ยป

Id really love to see a qipao/cheongsam
    Or hanfu! โ™ก

2018-new-ancient-chinese-costume-women-clothes-robes-traditional-beautiful-hanfu-dance-costumes-sobretudo-feminino-dress.jpg

cheong00087_r2.jpg

Yes yes!
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    kirkuk wrote: ยป
    tumblr_pxdiy11Z2S1y2f3k3o1_1280.png
    Hey look, it's Halo!
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I like everything about the update and have been experimenting with the new "crazy" stairs for the last 40 minutes, absolutely amazing! The CAS items are also really nice, the items are very versatile. But I will be keeping an eye on my favourite modders because someone is going to edit the mesh of the hijab to make a great scarf.

I've been playing around with the stairs for a few hours, and came to the following conclusions:
    - I'm still not great at building stuff lol
    - And more importantly, the layout of the house I'm working on clearly wasn't designed with these kinds of stairs in mind, and I'm too lazy to start over (in my defense, I didn't know these stairs were coming when I started working on it :D)

All that being said: I LOVE the new stairs <3
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited September 2019
    The stairs are great, new build/buy too, I'm fine with the cas, though some stuff I probably won't use.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Also, uchm, this will sound like a really dumb question I guess but, how do you make stairs this tall...?
  • jennlynhjennlynh Posts: 41 Member
    For some reason I don't have the update. I am in U.S. Central Standard Time. Anyone else having that issue?
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    So uh, columns are currently a little broken as they seem to only want to be medium height even if that means not being tall enough or too tall.
  • Jonathan777Jonathan777 Posts: 170 Member
    @jennlynh did you try quitting Origin completely and singing back in? Sometimes that can fix the issue :/

Also, a long while ago, I uploaded the Shadids to the gallery. I think the update suits them well :D
    lc80OP1.png
    mx7tgem.png

I love this, the father is so hot <3, you have a lovely family there.
    oNPKztK.jpg
    LOVE IS LOVE - Gilbert and Bruno Ferro
    He/They
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > @jennlynh did you try quitting Origin completely and singing back in? Sometimes that can fix the issue :/
    > _________________________
    >
    >
    > Also, a long while ago, I uploaded the Shadids to the gallery. I think the update suits them well :D
    > (Image)

Yeah tried signing out and back in, for some reason it's still not there. Wonder if different time zones are getting it at different times.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    "Fixed an issue that caused weighting for names, clothing, facial features, and skin tones to skew heavily in specific directions if City Living or Island Living were installed."

Finally :joy:

I know! I'm so happy!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    Still no fix for wearing random accessories with towels. *sigh*
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > @jennlynh did you try quitting Origin completely and singing back in? Sometimes that can fix the issue :/
    > _________________________
    >
    >
    > Also, a long while ago, I uploaded the Shadids to the gallery. I think the update suits them well :D
    > (Image)

Yeah tried signing out and back in, for some reason it's still not there. Wonder if different time zones are getting it at different times.

Do you have automatic updating turned off in Origin?
    edited September 2019
    So uh, columns are currently a little broken as they seem to only want to be medium height even if that means not being tall enough or too tall.

If you're using More CAS Columns, you'll need to update it. If you're not using it, then I don't know. :p
    > @Simpatsyann said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Do you have automatic updating turned off in Origin?

I think so but I tried to update it manually and it couldn't find it, said up to date. I'm reinstalling Origin now to see if that helps. Thank you!!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Wow, I haven't updated my game yet, but this update sounds incredible!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
    > @Simpatsyann said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Do you have automatic updating turned off in Origin?

You know what it just hit me. It might have automatically updated. I hope not because I still had my Mods in there!!! I will test it out and see if the new content is in there
    Aha...

If you find that's the case and you're concerned about your mods, I'd check this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965672/broken-updated-mods-cc-sept-19-stairs-rom-patch/p1

It's a great way to see what the status is of various mods and cc after a patch.
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 255 Member
    So many BAD changes to the UI yet again, I could not even play the game. EA, you;ve gone too far this time. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!
    Aha...

If you find that's the case and you're concerned about your mods, I'd check this thread: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/965672/broken-updated-mods-cc-sept-19-stairs-rom-patch/p1

It's a great way to see what the status is of various mods and cc after a patch.

Thank you! That is what happened, it automatically updated it. Whew, glad it wasn't a huge problem! Thank you for your help :)