Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

September Patch Speculation 2019 (Now Out) Emergency Patch Out Now Sep 17th

Comments

• icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    edited September 2019
    Oh yay, split level stairs! :smiley: Imagine all the new possibilities for our homes!
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    What time does the patch drop? I always forget, last time was it 12:30est?
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    I think it's usually 10 am in California, so 1 pm eastern.
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I want the stairs but I don't want the rest of the items in the patch but how do I remove what I do not want as it will take up space in my pc and game...
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    I want the stairs but I don't want the rest of the items in the patch but how do I remove what I do not want as it will take up space in my pc and game...

You can't decide what to take or not :/
  • mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    KokoaMilk wrote: »

Not in a patch, you download the whole patch or nothing and I only want the stairs.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    I'm looking forward to this patch. I love everything they showed for it and Grant said there were a few things they didn't show and I can't wait...
    WbUrFQm.png
    KokoaMilk wrote: »

Not in a patch, you download the whole patch or nothing and I only want the stairs.

Nope, you have to download the whole patch
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    What time do patches normally drop?
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    What time do patches normally drop?

In about a minute :D
    Yes downloading now
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    edited September 2019
    ~491MB. Not small, not large.
    Anyone got the full patch notes?
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    ~491MB. Not small, not large.
    Anyone got the full patch notes?

*refreshrefreshrefreshrefresh*
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    ughh cant wait for the patch notes
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Wonderful, much needed fixes. The obstacle course!!!
  • bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Floor trims on exterior walls will no longer be cut away when a staircase is placed adjacent to the trim on the interior side of the wall.
    This excites me almost as much as the new stairs.
    Fixed an issue that caused weighting for names, clothing, facial features, and skin tones to skew heavily in specific directions if City Living or Island Living were installed.
    Finally!!! Now to see how well it's been implemented...
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Still no fix on Conservationists not getting bonuses past 10th rank? Meh.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
    I was wondering why suddenly every NPC in my game had a polynesian name and were a traditional island skirt😂. I didn't even realize this was a bug.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Literally in love with the new stair options. I believe there was also a new planter? I can't seem to find that.
    Jean wrote: »
    Literally in love with the new stair options. I believe there was also a new planter? I can't seem to find that.

It's in the potted plants section, not the outdoor plants category.
  • LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    Shame about the island units though. And the game still freezes sometimes when taking photos with the tripod. I played for the first time in weeks yesterday and the one time I forgot to save immediately before taking a photo on the tripod that is exactly what happened. I wonder if it was going to anyway, or if saving prior to taking the photo actually stopped it freezing before. At least I had saved after I got my Sim married or I would have been really annoyed.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    I am having tons of problem with the new patch.
    I was waiting so impatiently for those stairs and they are now my nightmare!

If I place them in the basement, the house suddenly gets pushed up the ground (creating a hill).
    If I place them inside the house and I used columns those will show as columns for mid or high level walls, instead of low walls (and I have to take the walls to high and low to adjust it). Anyone like me? If the thread is wrong please let me know (searched for a place to go and write bout it but couldn't find it).