Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Prepping a build for ROM? Show me!

xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Lots
Hi peoples!

Since ROM releases in a few days, I'm really curious to see what builds (houses, apartments, rooms, etc.) my fellow simmers have been prepping. Please feel free to share them here! I'm still working on mine but once I'm happy with it I'll share my pics too.

Happy simming!!
tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
I do not own the above gif.

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited September 2019
    I made a restaurant that specializes in serving the occult. This is an older version of it, though. The one in-game has improved landscaping, better roof design, a remodeled and resized dining area, and a different veranda. It might have its own patio area for outdoor dining one day, not sure yet.

I also plan on building a magic school in Windenburg, an orphanage in Glimmerbrook, and a potion shop in Brindleton Bay.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited September 2019
    I've been building and rebuilding my Sorcerer's Tower for a couple of years now.
    10ab1a4ed533a705e92e930939729c92.png

Still a work in progress. but this is sort of how I envisioned it. the tower has always been the focal point for the build since the top floor(s) of the tower are where my sims Kaegan and Daerick Practice magic. The "Large Cottege" Part of the house, is inspired by my Elder Scroll's Online Character's Home, The Gardner House. Where the Living room, dining room and Kaegan's Bedroom is, and on the other side of the tower is Daerick's bedroom and the kitchen.

So while I build Daerick and Kaegan are currently staying with their royal friends Castle.

(The Front of the castle isn't built yet either (Can't decide what I want) So I'm going to show the back of the castle... very far away.

d9364ce1f788388b14c18335bbc6a795.png

Where the tower is (The East Wing) is Kaegan and Daerick's and the Mage's of Briarheart Hangout area is in the castle (The royal family had a Library built for them to practice and do research. The Knights of Briarheart Have the Feast Hall and War Room in the West Wing (Not built yet).
    and the Royal Family Has the South Wing over the foyer entrance, but I can't decide what I want the front of the castle to look like either. and in the north wing (The large part of the build 3 floors combined into one room) is the throne room.
    Sigh, I wish we could build instead of 4 1/2 floors above ground, we could build 5 1/2- 7 1/2 floors above ground o:)
    I'd probably have finished by now if we could.

This is the library under the tower room, Freshly built and furnished.

8f1bcb711648e952e28e414b5ef474dc.png

I'm thinking to put the cauldron in that open space where the blue carpet is. I was going to put a Portrait in the frame over the fireplace of the Mage's Club Leader, or a portrait of the King, Maybe a Mirror... But Now I think I'll replace it with shelves to store potions. Or where those two middle book shelves are I might create a potions case...
    Pending on how the stained glass looks with my builds I might swap out some out. but Get together, romantic garden and Vampires, and CC are heavily influencing my builds as of now.

Edit:Images weren't showing up
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've been adding basements to some of my favorite houses that don't already have them, to have room for my spellcasters' sanctums. I've also got a template save that has Strangerville as a location for most of the community venues, so I took the three houses on the bluff and moved them to Newcrest; I think they make great spellcaster houses (I may end up moving one of them to Glimmerbrook).

I've currently got about three different storylines I want to play with, so I think I'll be using this pack more than others.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    I've been building and rebuilding my Sorcerer's Tower for a couple of years now.
    4c35461097614fd0a24a8d793cf787ce.png

Still a work in progress. but this is sort of how I envisioned it. the tower has always been the focal point for the build since the top floor(s) of the tower are where my sims Kaegan and Daerick Practice magic. The "Large Cottege" Part of the house, is inspired by my Elder Scroll's Online Character's Home, The Gardner House. Where the Living room, dining room and Kaegan's Bedroom is, and on the other side of the tower is Daerick's bedroom and the kitchen.

So while I build Daerick and Kaegan are currently staying with their royal friends Castle.

(The Front of the castle isn't built yet either (Can't decide what I want) So I'm going to show the back of the castle... very far away.

Where the tower is (The East Wing) is Kaegan and Daerick's and the Mage's of Briarheart Hangout area is in the castle (The royal family had a Library built for them to practice and do research. The Knights of Briarheart Have the Feast Hall and War Room in the West Wing (Not built yet).
    and the Royal Family Has the South Wing over the foyer entrance, but I can't decide what I want the front of the castle to look like either. and in the north wing (The large part of the build 3 floors combined into one room) is the throne room.
    Sigh, I wish we could build instead of 4 1/2 floors above ground, we could build 5 1/2- 7 1/2 floors above ground o:)

I'm thinking to put the cauldron in that open space where the blue carpet is. I was going to put a Portrait in the frame over the fireplace of the Mage's Club Leader, or a portrait of the King, Maybe a Mirror... But Now I think I'll replace it with shelves to store potions. Or where those two middle book shelves are I might create a potions case...
    Pending on how the stained glass looks with my builds I might swap out some out. but Get together, romantic garden and Vampires, and CC are heavily influencing my builds as of now.

Please tell me where you get those vintage victorian outfits from!! love it!
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    4c35461097614fd0a24a8d793cf787ce.png

Please tell me where you get those vintage victorian outfits from!! love it!

I love it too. I was hoping Realm of Magic would Bring in more of a Medieval Renaissance-Victorian era Outfits.
    I wish it didn't alter the bust tho... You can't wear necklaces which stinks because I know the Outfit would look good with a jewelry set I found.

https://strangestorytellersims.tumblr.com/post/181704701168/barebara2020s-cakeskirt-dress-recolor-by-ssts
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,089 Member
    thank you @MasonGamer !!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited September 2019
    I won't post pictures until it is done; but created something like a Gothic Cathedral which I want to add stained glass windows (those windows is what gave me the idea). One area will be where sims can hold weddings (I just had it set as a nightclub for now); but there will be a secret door that only a club of sims I make can enter and inside the secret room I want to see if I can place the portal and other items for spellcasters. These spellcasters would start out as a group of friends who got curious when they accidentally stumbled upon the secret portal and discovered the other realm.

If it turns out good, I might upload it in the gallery; but my work isn't all that amazing.
    Post edited by XxAirixX on
  • isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    I’ve been away from my laptop and haven’t played for months but I already have some builds on the Windenberg Island. I’m making a school for magic and using the club system as classes (botany, potions, necromancy, etc.) and having housing and classrooms around the island. I already have two households of teen students and a household of teachers made! I’ve been ready for this for a while! :D
  • deaallendeaallen Posts: 16 Member
    I would but I still haven't reached the minimum post count to be able to post pictures yet :( I'm a long time lurker but I don't often post!

I have however been updating my little witches country cottage and also converting my vampire lord tower to a more evil sorcerer theme
    DeafSimmer wrote: »
    Since we're going to get customizable stairs in the update, I may change the stairs in my Glimmerbrook Estate build. It's on the gallery, but I will post an updated version of it soon.

Yeah Might do a winding stair case for my sorcerer's tower. I forget I might need to rewatch the stream we can't bend stairs to go diagonally yet, right?

But this might help with my Castle floor plans!
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Well, I am probably going to redo the big house thanks to the fantastic new stair. It will be so much fun!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @Mo0nLight321

Great builds, thanks for pics. It is fun to see what others are making :)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    T4nZpwL.png

YVm2AGu.png

BI5zvvP.png

House i'm working on. Pretty happy with it now.
  • xosummerloverxoxosummerloverxo Posts: 245 Member
    I'm loving all these builds! I can't believe there's only 3 days left before release day. Keep the pics coming!!
    tumblr_opy59iHeFc1vnq1cro1_400.gif
    I do not own the above gif.

• RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    edited September 2019
    I love all these builds. Also are any of these on the gallery yet? @CelSims super wow on your build and are your shelves cc if so where did you get them?
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    edited September 2019
    I built a witches pub that also has a rustic barn with it for use as a wedding venue. I figured the Glimmerbrook bar would need a replacement.

Also built the outside of a forest cottage for my ROM sim, but I'm waiting for the new build and buy to finish it.

6Ab4T3y.png
    Post edited by Themrsg4422 on
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    Y'all please donate your witch houses to the gallery for us poor, architecturally challenged simmers, thank you
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member

oP1ceOG.png

lV2HFqA.png

Legend says that the old lady that used to live here was a witch. Others says she was just a crabby old lady. One day she just up and disappeared but the odd thing is her flowers and bushes are tended by someone. But who? Ellie intends to find out. She is saving every dime she gets to buy the old place and fix it up.

• Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    WiZNPj5.png

Also working on an alchemist house, but I am waiting for the new build/buy mode stuff from the pack to finish it. I want to use the stained glass windows to build a greenhouse.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Just spent an hour or so playing around.....I haven't decorated the inside yet. I think I'll wait for the new BB for that. And I may change the windows and doors too. I made Higganbotham House for Vivica.

FgzjWDB.png
    Vajxts0.png

• Mo0nLight321Mo0nLight321 Posts: 428 Member
    mika wrote: »
    Y'all please donate your witch houses to the gallery for us poor, architecturally challenged simmers, thank you
    @mika mine are all on the gallery. Little selfpromo :D
    Gallery ID: Mo0n321
    Link to the potion shop: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/9589077C165F11E98D43715B8026320D?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=all&searchquery=Mo0n321&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=true
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Love some of these builds! I really need to spend more time in build mode. lol
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    @RamblineRose
    I use a lot of cc decor in that build by soloriya.tumblr.com Im in the process of redoing it with a basement and no cc for RoM. It's on the gallery under the name Gatekeeper's Cottage and you would need CC enabled checked to see that one.

a6sRUbi.png
    My latest house for my scientist who will be learning magic, hence the odd science stuff in the basement atm! https://ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5D99CC4AD0FA11E98C01FEC1E351F12F?category=lots&searchtype=item_name&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=secretcottage&max=50&maxis=false

My gallery ID is:3989