Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a story behind your user name?

Hi. I am so sorry if this kind of topic already exists, if so, please ignore this :) (I did try to search, search+me=horrid combo)

Anyway, I have been a member of many forums during all the years of sims franchise , and every now and then I have wondered "Hmmm..why that person chose a username like that?"

My "story" is dull, just a mix of my real first name and nickname :)
My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Comments

• gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    I was a kid and liked watching gameplay videos on youtube. I'm not a native English speaker so i just thought the word was cool 😂 And then "9098" was a suggested number since just "Gameplay" already existed and that's where we are today 🙌
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
  • JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    I'm a star wars and Jim Henson fan. ;)
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    The surname of my favorite sim that I made in TS3.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited September 2019
    It's just my first name and birthday September 3rd. Nothing interesting, but I remember one of my English teachers telling us the numbers 3 and 9 were linked with witches/magic. I don't know how true this is, but my child self loved it.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm a big baby, (childish trait sim) I love kittens and jade (the jewel) is beautiful. Plus it's a username that's always available without numbers. :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Angel 'cause why not, Eb is a nickname, and 95 is the year I was born.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    It's just my first name and birthday September 3rd. Nothing interesting, but I remember one of my English teachers telling us the numbers 3 and 9 were linked with witches/magic. I don't know how true this is, but my child self loved it.

@annaliese39 Happy Birthday! Hope you're having/had a fantastic day! :)

As for my username, Karababy is a childhood nickname my Aunts/Uncles gave me. 52 is the age I was when I joined the forum 5 years ago just before TS4 launched.
  • VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited September 2019
    Originally my name was going to be Vampiris based on the disease in Skyrim, but apparently it was already taken so I settled for Vampris.

Why that name? Cause I like vampires and I always seem to contract that disease and then forget about it until it's too late and then I gotta break into people's houses for a snack.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Silver_Ghost925Silver_Ghost925 Posts: 40 Member
    Fancy, sober and kinda eerie name of one of the first Rolls-Royce cars.
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    People from friends and family to random folks I pass just going about my day think I'm awesome, that good things are going to come my way, I'm blessed, I'm a good soul, all that stuff and more but I don't see it.

So apparently, I'm awesome.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    My Origin Account was actually my Dad's first, and nerdfashion was the username. I took a liking to it and made it my forum username.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    My mom bought me a journal that had "Dance Sing Love Live" written on the cover, and it was sitting next to me when I created an EA account - in eighth grade, many years ago. I've since outgrown the username but I figure actually changing it is more trouble than it's worth.
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    It was my breakfast
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    It was my breakfast
    @StrawberryYogurt The best reason.

ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    Mine is pretty corny lol I just meshed two things I love, The Sims and Bruno Mars’ music. 😬😩😂
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,906 Member
    It was my breakfast

Hehe :D

That reminds me, while back I played a lot of one browser game, one round lasted few months and to the next you had to again have new username.. I recall having "Empty Cup" , "Bag of Chips" and "Cell Phone" as a username :P I just picked whatever I saw at my desk at the time :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • JeffyjethroJeffyjethro Posts: 6 New Member
    That's just my name :)
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    The blowfish you see in my picture is an enemy from one of my favourite game franchises, Resident Evil. It looks really grumpy, and since I'm also a fan of Grumpy Cat (R.I.P.), I decided I wanted to be Grumpy Blowfish on Origin. But that name was already taken, so the blowfish became a glowfish instead, and for the sake of simplicity I go by the same name here.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    So I, um... When I was 12 I was obsessed with horses and ponies. Which I am not anymore...
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Mine is the name of an American TV soap opera character that I liked when I was younger :D
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    A very deep story indeed. Definitely didn't just throw a random adjective in front of the word plumbob like every other simmer.
  • CandiGir1CandiGir1 Posts: 64 Member
    Mine is easy. My name is Candice in RL and Candi-girl is just an old nickname.

As for the spelling, I've used it for a long time on a number of accounts. The first time I tried typing it in was for an account in a very high-population group. I turned the L on the end into the number one b/c of availability and have typed it that way in subsequent accounts every since. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    6qrDi11.png
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I chose Nushnushganay for a phrase that I absolutely love hearing one of my all-time favorite Sims say, because whatever it means, it must mean something really GOOD, the way he says it! I have also heard "ganay" and "nush" in other contexts, and they were overwhelmingly pleasurable and/or positive.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • SleepstarSleepstar Posts: 816 Member
    I chose Sleepstar as I tended to go for a nap in the afternoon as well as a reference to my love of astronomy
    Currently aiming to get all harvestable produce in The Sims 3 (One EP left)Will complete a Legacy one dayhttps://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=katcalls2k907 (My Wishlist)