Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update the sims 3

MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
Yea yea I know what your gonna comment. Max Max but I love sims 4 ;-;. And I'll just say okaaayyyyy. But heres the probelm sims 3 for some people like myself doesnt work. And I miss it working. But it just freezes and stops working. Yea you're probably wondering. Arent they releasing patch notes of some kind. Yea but they dont work. I deleted all the custom content i had and still not working. So stop the sims 4 and for the anniversary why not update all the games by that i mean sims 1, sims 2, sims 3, sims 4 and stop making new ones they're all gonna get broken. If not just have a team work on the updates and one team work on the updates for sims 4. It cant be that hard. Then just switch the week after and the week after that and the week after that and the week after that etc. You guys have enough people to make a team for the old games and new games. And also one other probelm the sims medival wont work on my computer. And even though my sim kept dying in that game. After like watching youtube videos about it. I have chosen to give the game another chance. BUT GUESS WHAT IT DIDNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! Just please update the old sims games. And also the sims anniversary doesnt just mean the sims 4 it means the whole franchise. I miss how it had the Altos and the Laangrabs (thats how you spell it right?) but NO they took all that out now they're just scamming you by having just cats and dogs in a pack and hamsters in another. What else are you gonna put zebras in a pack and horses in another pack. Don't get me started on sims Get to Work. Yet they had to put 3 careers in a pack and every other career spreaded.

Comments

• MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    Rather than hoping for something that isn't going to happen, you should see what you can do to make TS3 run if you really want to play it. A lot of us still play TS3 daily with few to no issues. Yes, it needs some hand-holding to keep running smoothly but I play several hours each day with barely a problem and I use quite a bit of CC. Perhaps your computer is inadequate or just needs some adjustment for TS3.

It's an old game and, as such, I doubt EA would invest more money or time on it and I understand that.
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited September 2019
    Mikezumi wrote: »
    Rather than hoping for something that isn't going to happen, you should see what you can do to make TS3 run if you really want to play it. A lot of us still play TS3 daily with few to no issues. Yes, it needs some hand-holding to keep running smoothly but I play several hours each day with barely a problem and I use quite a bit of CC. Perhaps your computer is inadequate or just needs some adjustment for TS3.

It's an old game and, as such, I doubt EA would invest more money or time on it and I understand that.

This.

Despite your thinking that EA don't moderate this section, there are those of us who read and participate here every day, and it would be appreciated if you wouldn't bother "spamming" this section, thanks very much.

Also, the sims 3 section isn't moderated as heavily as other sections, because those of us in here are generally mature enough to behave ourselves, and thus don't need staff looking over our shoulders.

ETA quote.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2019
    Excuse me. Your audience here whether it's wanted or not consists of TS3 players and fans. We may be "at the bottom of the forum" or whatever, but we are still here enjoying our game and intend to keep doing so. Many of us are on older computers, many on new ones, and with some care and tending to the game works just fine. The TS3 mod community is also still alive and well. The same things can be said for those who enjoy playing TS2.

Instead of lecturing EA on how to staff their development teams (some possibly interesting ideas there actually) when they really aren't looking for such advice, perhaps you could bring your current issues to us on the TS3 tech discussion board and we could help you get your game working again. Or another option is to post on the TS3 section of EA's Answers.HQ which is also still quite alive and well. EA is, after all, still selling this game.

And we can assure you that those of us still here don't like being spammed, baited, trolled, or whatever else might come to mind and we do appreciate the moderator attention that we get. We aren't here to play games...oh wait, I guess we are. Okay, we aren't here to play those kinds of games. :)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I play TS3 even if it causes my computer to crash more often. I've found it's mostly the dogs and cats being the cause... and raccoons... but I wouldn't go complaining to EA about it because the game is "old" and will never see a new update. Thankfully we have Nraas to help things run smoothly that may not without them, and I'm truly thankful. It's definitely much better to explain your current problem with the game than go on a rant about it. I second what @igazor says above. :)
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • TurjanTurjan Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited September 2019
    Rants like that don't really achieve anything. I'm not sure I even want EA to touch The Sims3 game again. While I'd like it to get a new engine, they would probably want to make money from this (not an unreasonable desire) and change a lot of things I wouldn't want to be changed, so we better make the game work with what we have.

I also had the experience that the vanilla game came to a screeching hold after playing in the same city for an extended time, but fortunately, we have enough lovely mods that fix most of these issues. There's still the memory limitation from the game being a 32-bit application, the huge savegames, the long loading times, but at least the latter two points are the price you pay for pretty much limitless customizability. It's all in all very much enjoyable right now, you just need to apply a bit of TLC.
    Post edited by Turjan on
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    edited September 2019
    MaxieMix wrote: »
    Yea yea I know what your gonna comment. Max Max but I love sims 4 ;-;. And I'll just say okaaayyyyy. But heres the probelm sims 3 for some people like myself doesnt work. And I miss it working. But it just freezes and stops working. Yea you're probably wondering. Arent they releasing patch notes of some kind. Yea but they dont work. I deleted all the custom content i had and still not working. So stop the sims 4 and for the anniversary why not update all the games by that i mean sims 1, sims 2, sims 3, sims 4 and stop making new ones they're all gonna get broken. If not just have a team work on the updates and one team work on the updates for sims 4. It cant be that hard. Then just switch the week after and the week after that and the week after that and the week after that etc. You guys have enough people to make a team for the old games and new games. And also one other probelm the sims medival wont work on my computer. And even though my sim kept dying in that game. After like watching youtube videos about it. I have chosen to give the game another chance. BUT GUESS WHAT IT DIDNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!! Just please update the old sims games. And also the sims anniversary doesnt just mean the sims 4 it means the whole franchise. I miss how it had the Altos and the Laangrabs (thats how you spell it right?) but NO they took all that out now they're just scamming you by having just cats and dogs in a pack and hamsters in another. What else are you gonna put zebras in a pack and horses in another pack. Don't get me started on sims Get to Work. Yet they had to put 3 careers in a pack and every other career spreaded.

Wait, I am so confused.

"Yea yea I know what your gonna comment. Max Max but I love sims 4 ;-;."
    -Why would most of us in this section respond with that?
    -Is that relevant?
    -Did you mean, "but I love sims 3"?

"Arent they releasing patch notes of some kind."
    -Well, that's for Sims 4. Is this about Sims 4???

"So stop the sims 4 and for the anniversary why not update all the games by that i mean sims 1, sims 2, sims 3, sims 4 and stop making new ones they're all gonna get broken."
    -Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
    -I mean they shouldn't stop TS4 becaus TS3 has issues, that's the worst reason.
    -I think it's probably too late to start working on an update to all games by the Sims 1's anniversary.
    -That's a nihilistic view. Everything on Earth will get "broken" some day.

"If not just have a team work on the updates and one team work on the updates for sims 4. It cant be that hard. Then just switch the week after and the week after that and the week after that and the week after that etc."
    -Never gonna happen and I wouldn't even say they should.

"You guys have enough people to make a team for the old games and new games."
    -No, they don't. They might not even have enough for TS4 alone.

"And also one other probelm the sims medival wont work on my computer."
    -Older games need some coaxing to work right. You should seek support from the community. I'm not sure if/where there's a Medieval section, but you can definitely seek help.

"And also the sims anniversary doesnt just mean the sims 4 it means the whole franchise."
    -I agree with this! (If you mean the UPCOMING one for the 20th anniversary.) I suspect they'll have too much focus on TS4, maybe all the focus. They should at least put a big focus on TS1 if not all The Sims games!

"Laangrabs (thats how you spell it right?)"
    -Landgraabs
    MaxieMix wrote: »
    Baglamukhi wrote: »
    good luck
    uenjA6Y.gif

As you know this is a rant on how the sims 3 is better than sims 4. In fact I wouldnt care if a ea employee takes this thread down to spite me I really dont care and as far as i can see its pushed all the way down to the bottom of this forum so they really dont moderate this section as much anymore so its obvious you can spam this catagory without them knowing soooo.....

I doubt we can assume @Baglamukhi knew because your post was very confusing. You also complained about Sims 3.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    Get all the juicy mods that make Sims 3 run better - https://www.nraas.net/community/Mods-List
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    edited September 2019
    I'll grant you this: if they're gonna continue to sell TS3 + packs + store DLC to an audience running 64-bit machines, then there should be a 64-bit TS3. I know it wouldn't necessarily do much for performance but crashing thanks to memory usage (when most computers sold nowadays have 8GB+ memory!) is 10x worse than lag. But yeah the rest of the post has a very rosy view of how game dev companies work, lol. Every sim game gets haters. If they didn't stop to fix TS3 while it was the current game with its peak player numbers, then they're not gonna do it to TS3 now when they have an actual other current sims title instead.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Rather than hoping for something that isn't going to happen, you should see what you can do to make TS3 run if you really want to play it...

All of this, but to qualify the last statement, Maxis has flat out said that they are not putting any more development into TS3. It is as it is, a legacy game. The old site is maintained, to support Friend Requests and the Sims 3 Shop. But there will be no new patches or content. It's done.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I'll grant you this: if they're gonna continue to sell TS3 + packs + store DLC to an audience running 64-bit machines, then there should be a 64-bit TS3.

Steam still sells old titles that are not 100% compatible with today's computers, too. :|:|
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    I'll grant you this: if they're gonna continue to sell TS3 + packs + store DLC to an audience running 64-bit machines, then there should be a 64-bit TS3.

Steam still sells old titles that are not 100% compatible with today's computers, too. :|:|

Yeah? I'm not saying it's great when others do it either.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,110 Member
  • MaxieMixMaxieMix Posts: 194 Member
    edited September 2019

My father is the one to fix the computers its not me and hes too cheap to buy components and if it was me which hes not hes a engineer which doesnt make much money. I would run away, get into a foster home, make a band with my brothers, become a singer which makes ton of moolah and fix my computer probably add a pool to my house irl and make it modern. Learn some other languages and make ton of money. And id love the life. But I'm still in this dumb house aint i?

• igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited September 2019
    No, EA is not going to rethink its legacy game development and staffing strategies because the OP's father cannot afford to upgrade their computer. If anything, I expect the next generation of games, so that's TS5 or whatever comes next, will be designed more to take modern hardware into account, not older or mid to lower end machines. The lower end thing was supposed to be part of the strategy with TS4 at least in the beginning, and I am sure it will remain on the market for a very long time after its development also ceases just like TS3 has.

Personally, I think we are all being taken for a ride. The OP likes to come across as all edgy and cringeworthy, but I bet in reality they like to spend their spare time wearing fluffy bunny slippers, cuddling kittens while sipping hot cocoa, watching old romance movies, and trying not to cry. Or something like that. No one who fancies themselves a writer, at any age, could fail that hard to take their audience into account unless they have done so on purpose. ;)

But seriously, if you wish to have help getting your TS3 game working (to the extent it can, if it can) on your current hardware, we are still happy to help if you post in the correct place and leave out all the abusive entitlement stuff. There are others who can help with TS2 and TSM, again in the appropriate places. It only takes a small amount of politeness, patience, and respect to get positive results here. But if that is of no interest, then this isn't the way to reach EA at all, at least not anyone who is going to listen. There are other channels for that. Although as has already been expressed, that most likely isn't going to be a very effective use of one's time either at this stage.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Okay folks I've closed this thread as it's getting a bit argumentative and as was quite nicely pointed out by @igazor if you're having issues with your game there are places where you can get help with getting it working again, either here or on Answers HQ. I've removed the posts that were arguing and I'm going to close this thread now.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top