Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

High School Pack

MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
edited August 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Ok. So I do want university but this thread is about high school specifically as we've had university in the past.
For a high school pack I would like to see;
-introduction day. Sims get to introduce themselves to other sims
-wild teen parties
-after achool clubs such as chess, cheerleading, football.
-switching classes. It can be rabbit holes for all I care lol just as long as we get one lecture class like in sims 3.
-grades in all classes. Including gym.
-gym will not be a rabbit hole please.
-study hall. A library where sims can brush up on all their courses and even do their homework if they so choose.
-an opportunity for players to make their own after school clubs
-a big final exam -and a week to two weeks summer vacation depending on your choice of seasons lengths.
-socials ranks (geek, jock, popular, loner, newbie, teachers pet)
What else can you think of please?

Oh and prom please. Prom king and queen!

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I cannot add ideas because I've never been to school I was homeschooled. But i came to support this idea! I always had this highschool fantasy in my head since I always wanted to go, and I always wanted to go to high school with my sims.
    Everyone is screaming university but adult sims have so many options already and so many careers we can follow them in. I would love a teen focused pack.
    Everything you named sounds super fun!!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Minai wrote: »
    What's that? My schools never had anything like that.
    On the first day of secondary school, we just started on the work.
    On the first day of Senior school, there was orientation day, just to be sure everyone knew where their classrooms were, and where the library was. Nothing about introducing ourselves to anyone.

-wild teen parties
    Pointless without cops.

This is what teenage wild parties do:
    bb15fd66e2b3e4fc0bda88e43ebc0f53

Oh dear!
    Are they really what you do after school?
    The local school here has: Cricket, Soccer, Footy (Aussie rules football), Rugby, Netball, and Volleyball. Child protection, STEM with Uni, and YOP. None of which is specifically after school hours. The sports are a part of PE, and the others are squeezed in around other classes. When school ends, people go home.

I've never known a school to have a gym per se. Some have a building called a gym, but it's really an indoor sports-hall, for netball, basket ball, tennis, and laying on the floor wishing you were at home. And school assemblies.

study hall. A library where sims can brush up on all their courses and even do their homework if they so choose.
    Never had that... We had free classes, where we could study, or waste time. I usually read scifi or fantasy novels, I was reading them at a rate of one every day or two, and they weren't small books.

That sounds like it's on it's way to a good idea.

-a big final exam -and a week to two weeks summer vacation depending on your choice of seasons lengths.
    Ugh. Exams. Hated those.
    And a two week break is what Aussie kids get at the end of each term, with a 2 month break at the end of the year, for christmas/summer.

Are these even real things? My school had the families, and not the families.

Oh please no! Don't force that on everyone!
    A school dance, that we can pick and choose the details of would be much better.
    • Name your school dance whatever you like.
    • Choose your venue
    • Choose the music source and music genre
    • Choose your catering
    • Choose your theme
    • Choose your dress code
    • Choose your activities (this is where you could choose to have a coronation, or an award ceremony, or a birdie dance, or long boring speeches, or prizes for dances...)

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    Never went to prom. So I enjoy the mods. Just would like an official game! :)
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Besides me wanting a active class option that works similar to the yoga class where the students desks would lock onto the chalkboard/teacher I would love to see it all prom football cheerleading all a must.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2019
    Haha this doesn't sound anything like high school here. I don't recall any wild parties or football players or cheerleaders LOL. There was a soccer team though and a swimming club I think. And there was a problem but there wasn't any prom king or queen and definitely no introduction day.

I would like a high school, and especially a high school teacher profession, but I'd be even more interested in an elementary school

Also if you have the get-together pack you already can create your own after-school clubs with your own themes. Whether that be chess or homework or whatever

I think I'd add apply for scholarships, work experience, graduation, school cafeteria with new foods, detention, electives that raise diff skills with a few new ones.
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I would basically want "University" in a way. where it is an active School.

Build the campus
    Name the school
    Choose the mascot, and school colors
    Choose Teachers, and administration
    Choose the school sport: What does the community unite over? Football? Soccer? Basketball? Baseball? Swim? etc.

And then Classes...
    I would say like Active Careers: Detectives, Doctor, and Scientists.

Where you choose classes, and then throughout the say you get to decide how your student fulfills the goals designed for their "class schedule"

Like if you chose a Science You research/Do an experiment Building Logic Skill, English or any Language you practice your Writing and Reading Skill. History, Gym, Art/Painting Sketching/Photography and so on.

I want all of this since Most of my story does revolve around teens, and the setting is their school.

I have built their school, as a Library and a Soccer Court, I would love to play it out.

I'd Imagine Get Together to form clubs and after School Activities,
    I would do:
    Student Council
    Drama Club
    Art Club
    Gamers' Club
    Soccer Team
    Wrestling Team
    Swim Team
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    Loving this!
  • AccidentalBoisAccidentalBois Posts: 31 Member
    I just want my Sims to be able to recreate High School Musical. It's a high school pack but the clothes are all very 2000 and High School Musical esque because yes!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2019
    Movotti wrote: »
    Minai wrote: »
    What's that? My schools never had anything like that.
    On the first day of secondary school, we just started on the work.
    On the first day of Senior school, there was orientation day, just to be sure everyone knew where their classrooms were, and where the library was. Nothing about introducing ourselves to anyone.

-wild teen parties
    Pointless without cops.

This is what teenage wild parties do:
    bb15fd66e2b3e4fc0bda88e43ebc0f53

Oh dear!
    Are they really what you do after school?
    The local school here has: Cricket, Soccer, Footy (Aussie rules football), Rugby, Netball, and Volleyball. Child protection, STEM with Uni, and YOP. None of which is specifically after school hours. The sports are a part of PE, and the others are squeezed in around other classes. When school ends, people go home.

I've never known a school to have a gym per se. Some have a building called a gym, but it's really an indoor sports-hall, for netball, basket ball, tennis, and laying on the floor wishing you were at home. And school assemblies.

study hall. A library where sims can brush up on all their courses and even do their homework if they so choose.
    Never had that... We had free classes, where we could study, or waste time. I usually read scifi or fantasy novels, I was reading them at a rate of one every day or two, and they weren't small books.

That sounds like it's on it's way to a good idea.

Ugh. Exams. Hated those.
    And a two week break is what Aussie kids get at the end of each term, with a 2 month break at the end of the year, for christmas/summer.

Are these even real things? My school had the families, and not the families.

Oh please no! Don't force that on everyone!
    A school dance, that we can pick and choose the details of would be much better.
    • Name your school dance whatever you like.
    • Choose your venue
    • Choose the music source and music genre
    • Choose your catering
    • Choose your theme
    • Choose your dress code
    • Choose your activities (this is where you could choose to have a coronation, or an award ceremony, or a birdie dance, or long boring speeches, or prizes for dances...)

I assume you don't live in the USA!

I don't like the cheerleading idea in the Me too era, unless we get everybody doing it and those ranks of Jock, nerd, popular, loner etc are really not on when there is so much bullying in schools. Libraries and gyms, ok (I got a letter from my mum not to do it which lasted 4 years)!

No Proms, Please.............! Rich privilege and puts poor in debt trying to keep up. (Could make a good storyline though)!
    Thank you so much to everyone posting. I really hope EA will consider our ideas!
    I never got to enjoy my high school years. So thats why I hope this pack will be made.
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    I just want my Sims to be able to recreate High School Musical. It's a high school pack but the clothes are all very 2000 and High School Musical esque because yes!

Please no! Anything but High School Musical! lol it just brings back bad memories of my friend singing the songs out of tune.

I wouldn't want any of this as a pack, I think it should be a free update, as some of these things should of come in the base game or if they did a generations type pack again then it should go with that. I do like the idea of picking theme and colours for a school dance/prom, now that would be fun!
    Wild teen parties are a little pointless, as someone said, unless cops/police were put back into the game then that would make it more fun.

End of year exams and grades could be a nice little twist on things but I would love to have after school clubs and school trips!

I still want my University EP but I would maybe think about buying this as a GP.
    ManakoHime wrote: »

Please no! Anything but High School Musical! lol it just brings back bad memories of my friend singing the songs out of tune.

I wouldn't want any of this as a pack, I think it should be a free update, as some of these things should of come in the base game or if they did a generations type pack again then it should go with that. I do like the idea of picking theme and colours for a school dance/prom, now that would be fun!
    Wild teen parties are a little pointless, as someone said, unless cops/police were put back into the game then that would make it more fun.

End of year exams and grades could be a nice little twist on things but I would love to have after school clubs and school trips!

I still want my University EP but I would maybe think about buying this as a GP.

Honestly I dont care how EA does it. I just want the content!
    I know I can fall back on modders but still.