March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many of you guys still play the sims 3?

Comments

• MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    edited August 2019
    It's funny - 4 was the first version I played - and I loved it. It made me want to check out the other versions and that's how I fell in love with 3. I don't enjoy feeling frustrated and being taken out of the immersion with bizarre bugs and glitches.

With Sims 3 I prefer the freedom of the open world, and there's something more... authentic-feeling when I open the game and find my simmies out and about in it.
  • atrainoratrainor Posts: 29 Member
    I've returned to Sims 3 after a few years of mostly playing with 4. I forgot how much I loved it! Yes, it has weird bugs and glitches, but as MadIris notes above, the open world feels much more immersive. Plus I love using CASt to customize everything, and I just find the Sims 3 sims funnier and more interesting, even without the emotion system.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    atrainor wrote: »
    I've returned to Sims 3 after a few years of mostly playing with 4. I forgot how much I loved it! Yes, it has weird bugs and glitches, but as MadIris notes above, the open world feels much more immersive. Plus I love using CASt to customize everything, and I just find the Sims 3 sims funnier and more interesting, even without the emotion system.

@atrainor - It's no wonder you love CASt, because in my opinion it's the most loveable, amazing and fantastic thing that's ever existed in a computer game! :)

Once you have experienced it and seen what a big difference it makes, it's absolutely impossible to go back to playing without it.
  • McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    McTosh wrote: »
    if you asked this same question in 10 years time, you can bet i'm guaranteed to be one of the few people left that answer 'yes' :D

I disagree. As I said to my husband, and I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall Maxis ever giving away TS3, to this day. They never "revamped" it to see if they could make it more appealing. Not once in 10 years. However TS4 has had multiple giveaways and a revamp in 6 years. They're not giving TS3 away because they're still making money selling it. People, like myself, who have played the game since inception are still purchasing TS3 products and unless they design a TS5 with an open world and CAS then I don't see you being one of the few, you'll still be one of the many :)

nice!

i still buy from the sims store too :$
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    McTosh wrote: »
    if you asked this same question in 10 years time, you can bet i'm guaranteed to be one of the few people left that answer 'yes' :D

I disagree. As I said to my husband, and I could be wrong, but I don't ever recall Maxis ever giving away TS3, to this day. They never "revamped" it to see if they could make it more appealing. Not once in 10 years. However TS4 has had multiple giveaways and a revamp in 6 years. They're not giving TS3 away because they're still making money selling it. People, like myself, who have played the game since inception are still purchasing TS3 products and unless they design a TS5 with an open world and CAS then I don't see you being one of the few, you'll still be one of the many :)

@AbellaKellaher - Kinda sad that at Christmas time (last year)... They had Sims 4 base-game on for $4.99 and well, some would have jumped on that price. I decided to buy 2 for $4.99 2L Pepsis at my wife's work instead. Had much more fun with the Pepsi and I got forty cents deposit money back. :smirk:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Greylady624Greylady624 Posts: 1,225 Member
    Longtime lurker here (finally decided to create an account and, well, use it). I still play the Sims 3. I've played the Sims since the very first one came out (yes I'm old as dirt), and the Sims 3 is my favourite one. I love the open world, the customization options, and the look of it. I've played the Sims 4, and while the building options are nice, I felt it was a bit of a step down. I don't hate it, just prefer 3.

Sims 3 is a great way to de-stress...assuming I don't get stuck on a loading screen indefinitely. And even then, it's part of the experience. :-)
  • bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Welcome @Greylady624. Nice to 'meet' ya. We have a really nice community of helpful simmers and fun threads. Hope once you get your 'member' taken care of you will share pics if you want, or just join in the conversations.
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    @Greylady624 Another welcome and nice to "meet" you!
    Thank you for the warm welcomes :-)
  • SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    Longtime lurker here (finally decided to create an account and, well, use it). I still play the Sims 3. I've played the Sims since the very first one came out (yes I'm old as dirt), and the Sims 3 is my favourite one. I love the open world, the customization options, and the look of it. I've played the Sims 4, and while the building options are nice, I felt it was a bit of a step down. I don't hate it, just prefer 3.

Sims 3 is a great way to de-stress...assuming I don't get stuck on a loading screen indefinitely. And even then, it's part of the experience. :-)

A big welcome from another old as dirt player - there are a few of us running around. :)
  • PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @Greylady624: Welcome. I have played since Sims1.
    :) Smile!

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I noticed that I've been bumped up to "Member." Sometimes it's the small things in life that amuse me.Thank you to everyone else for the welcome. :-)

I don't have any (decent) screenshots, though I had some a few years ago. Long story short, those files are gone. So, I've been reading through quite a few of the threads here (I don't want to necro any old posts, so I've been a bit quiet in this forum) and posting in the Off-topic section. Wish I'd have signed up for this place sooner.

Have a wonderful day/long weekend, everyone.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    Old Simmer checking in. I also played 1-4. 2 and 3 are my favorites for different reasons. I LOOOVE being able to completely control everything in TS2. I lost a huge file of about 6 generations in my custom town with a computer upgrade. I figured I had started over twice before. Why not do it all over again! I also love TS3 but don't like the lack of control of my neighborhood (I know you can mod it but I don't like mods). So I found other things to love. Just learned about CASt a few months ago and MAN. My house which I built based on a floor plan of a great Sims house builder, is incredible. Best house I've made in all my Simming years. I love the extensive gardening, all the careers and even driving around town in a custom car. I have been working on the 10 generation challenge for years and find it to be interesting and fun. One problem I had with myself in TS2 is all my Sims tended to be the same. With the TS3 generational challenge, you HAVE to randomize. So I ended up seeing behaviors I would have never seen before.

I think it's a testament to these games that they are still being played so long down the road. And they will be played for a long time to come.
  • SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    Rhiannon58 wrote: »
    Old Simmer checking in. I also played 1-4. 2 and 3 are my favorites for different reasons. I LOOOVE being able to completely control everything in TS2. I lost a huge file of about 6 generations in my custom town with a computer upgrade. I figured I had started over twice before. Why not do it all over again! I also love TS3 but don't like the lack of control of my neighborhood (I know you can mod it but I don't like mods). So I found other things to love. Just learned about CASt a few months ago and MAN. My house which I built based on a floor plan of a great Sims house builder, is incredible. Best house I've made in all my Simming years. I love the extensive gardening, all the careers and even driving around town in a custom car. I have been working on the 10 generation challenge for years and find it to be interesting and fun. One problem I had with myself in TS2 is all my Sims tended to be the same. With the TS3 generational challenge, you HAVE to randomize. So I ended up seeing behaviors I would have never seen before.

I think it's a testament to these games that they are still being played so long down the road. And they will be played for a long time to come.

@Rhiannon58 - Could you explain this "lack of control" you're experiencing a bit more? I play without mods too, and hardly anything at all happens to the inactives while I'm away playing some other family/household. You have to turn the EA Story Progression off of course.

I agree 100 %, CASt is a wonderful feature! :) That and Open world are the two things that are unique to Sims 3, none of the others 1, 2 or 4 have them. That's why I like TS3 the most. :)
  • EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited September 2019
    I am still playing the sims 3 and still loving it. I do not have any trouble with my game. It plays great for me. It does not crash, jump, skip or jitter or anything. IP had a problem when I got it, but now it is alright. Love the open world, have everything that came out except supernatural, As I did not want it. I am addictive to it. I will keep playing sims 3. I do have sims 4 but can't seem to stay with it. It seems to me sims 3 is free to play as you wish, where sims 4 somehow I seem to feel they control how you play. I do not have any cc or mods or never had.
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    I play Sims3. I've never bought Sims4 and I will never play it.
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    > @Earcat said:
    > I play Sims3. I've never bought Sims4 and I will never play it.

I like what i read xD prob because i don't like sims4 lol.
  • MelodiousaMelodiousa Posts: 17 Member
    i play through steam so cant get sims 4 yet anyway, not sure if i will as ive grown attached to my sims 3 families and homes
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,405 Member
    Screenshot.jpg
    “What’s Sims 3?”
    :mrgreen:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • AaeiynAaeiyn Posts: 521 Member
    I still play The Sims 3. I really don't like The Sims 4. I miss the turning arrows. I've never used my mouse to turn the camera around. Always the arrows. I like the open world of The Sims 3. In fact, from time to time, I'll go back to playing the original Sims, where it all began LOL

Plus, a lot of my Mods and Custom Content are on The Sims 3. I don't imagine I'll be ditching The Sims 3, anytime soon.
  • DahliaWDahliaW Posts: 20 Member
    I'd play, but it's not working lol
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Evalen wrote: »
    I am still playing the sims 3 and still loving it. I do not have any trouble with my game. It plays great for me. It does not crash, jump, skip or jitter or anything. IP had a problem when I got it, but now it is alright. Love the open world, have everything that came out except supernatural, As I did not want it. I am addictive to it. I will keep playing sims 3. I do have sims 4 but can't seem to stay with it. It seems to me sims 3 is free to play as you wish, where sims 4 somehow I seem to feel they control how you play. I do not have any cc or mods or never had.

Hi @Evalen . How did you fixed IP? I loooved that pack. But it broke my game years ago... i've never tried it since though.
    telmarina wrote: »

Hi @Evalen . How did you fixed IP? I loooved that pack. But it broke my game years ago... i've never tried it since though.

@telmarina ok, the problem with IP for me was that community lot high on the hill, forgot the name, If you don't know the one I am talking about I will look it up. I deleted it. and put something else up there. Give it a try. I also found that a lot of sims got stuck, not on the main island but on the other island. When ever I felt a lag of stop and go kind of walking, I would look for a stuck sim, and sure enough there was one. Hope this helps. I will load up IP and get the name of the lot that you can delete.
    telmarina wrote: »

@telmarina ok, the problem with IP for me was that community lot high on the hill, forgot the name, If you don't know the one I am talking about I will look it up. I deleted it. and put something else up there. Give it a try. I also found that a lot of sims got stuck, not on the main island but on the other island. When ever I felt a lag of stop and go kind of walking, I would look for a stuck sim, and sure enough there was one. Hope this helps. I will load up IP and get the name of the lot that you can delete.

@telmarina sorrow the wrong island, it had something to do with 3 girls on a house boat, I believe it was the Scott family on a house boat, that I deleted. and the stuck sim, was on the smaller island, at the Nautilus Lavatories, she was stuck on the left side near the fence. it was later though. Hope this works for you. It has been a long time. I do not play it much as I like smaller worlds. Too much going on in large worlds. but I do like the small islands in IP, makes a nice place for a lost sim ,and the dive lots. my sims had a fight with a shark and I was sure he would die, but he won. wow what a scare. Have fun with your sims.