Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do Not Use The Moschino Photography Camera Feature, OR YOU WILL RISK FREEZING YOUR GAME !!!

JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
So about 2 days ago, I was playing The Sims 4 for around 6 hours without saving, I bought the Moschino camera in mid session of gameplay. I ordered my sim to stand on the subject marker and another sim to take a picture. I want to cycle new poses for my sim and a number of randomization, it literally freeze my game, I can't click on anything. The game is still running but froze completely. I thought, hey maybe I wait for a while it will be okay. But it didn't and I was forced to end my session using task manager.

I thought hmmmm maybe it's my mods? but no it isn't, I started a new game and removed my mods. I try to replicate the same thing again in my new unmodded game, lo and behold it happened again, the game froze because of the Moschino photography Camera feature.

I'm very furious at the developers, because something basic like a camera can literally break a game. Do you guys even play test this, never did stress test, before? Something innocent, like a camera can break freeze the game. Now I have to be more weary with new features that you guys are releasing.

Also EA you need to get everything together and start to make quality games and DLCs, that don't cause the game to break becuase of a feature.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INFO-MSP-Game-freezes-while-using-the-camera-and-tripod/m-p/8116003
39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

Post edited by JasonRMJ on

Comments

• JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm in very confusion, right now.

EA and The Sims Team, please explain why the camera photography freeze the game. It's ridiculous..

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    edited August 2019
    They played with the feature a lot during the live stream so I doubt it's the game.

Could you elaborate on what you mean the game is running but is freezing?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I think I know what this is, does the freeze occurs when the game is about to switch to camera ui? because I have this bug before season expansion packs but they fixed it. bug prolly rears its ugly head again.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    They played with the feature a lot during the live stream so I doubt it's the game.

It is the stuff pack there's a lot of complaints about this on Reddit and it happened to me twice as well. I think it happens when you switch poses too quickly. I'm playing with no mods and no CC. You can still click on the buttons on the game and move the mouse around, but nothing happens when you click on the buttons to exit the camera mode. I also had to close it using task manager. I still use the stuff pack all the time and love taking photos, but I always make sure to save right before going into the camera mode and I switch poses a bit slower now and that seems to have helped a lot.
    izecson wrote: »
    I think I know what this is, does the freeze occurs when the game is about to switch to camera ui? because I have this bug before season expansion packs but they fixed it. bug prolly rears its ugly head again.

It switches when you are in the middle of camera mode. You know how you can take 10 pictures, will you take like five of them and then it freezes. Not necessarily 5 but it's whenever you switch the Sims pose
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

It is the stuff pack there's a lot of complaints about this on Reddit and it happened to me twice as well. I think it happens when you switch poses too quickly. I'm playing with no mods and no CC. You can still click on the buttons on the game and move the mouse around, but nothing happens when you click on the buttons to exit the camera mode. I also had to close it using task manager. I still use the stuff pack all the time and love taking photos, but I always make sure to save right before going into the camera mode and I switch poses a bit slower now and that seems to have helped a lot.

Oh I see. I think I had this happened to me only once but it was a looong time ago with the original photography skill. Not too sure about the Moshino Pack tho. Haven't tried it yet.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member

I've had the same issue. It doesn't happen all the time in my game, but I save now before I start using the camera after losing some play time the first time it happened.
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Woah, I used it and lagged badly, I had to delete the all Moschino SP items for the lag to stop. Bought them again and lagged badly again after taking photos. Thought it was just me.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    Sorry that happened op. I get nervous if I haven't saved after 30 minutes of playing time, so I do it often because I know how the game can be. I haven't used the camera yet, also I will hold off. I have heard these complaints elsewhere. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.
  • lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member

It switches when you are in the middle of camera mode. You know how you can take 10 pictures, will you take like five of them and then it freezes. Not necessarily 5 but it's whenever you switch the Sims pose

@SimAlexandria

Does this happen with the new camera and tripod? I haven't used them yet. I've only changed poses with some of the other cameras but haven't had this issue yet.
    lasummerb wrote: »

@SimAlexandria

Does this happen with the new camera and tripod? I haven't used them yet. I've only changed poses with some of the other cameras but haven't had this issue yet.

Tripod yes and marks on the ground but not the new camera. I'm using the best camera in the game... Forget the name of it. I also don't know what the other people complaining about this issue were using. Most of the time it doesn't hopping foot it has happened twice to me now.
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    This is my opinion, but I also found that saving often seemed to noticeably increase performance. It seems to me, in whatever iteration of The Sims, doing so prevents some issues and eases lag (if there is any lag). There's no reason not to save often, just in case, even though after the 64 bit patch TS4 seems uncrashable (except for mod issues). Glitches or other forces might still muck it up.

Save early, save often - no matter what it is. It usually takes some catastrophe to drill it into us. I think that's why you got THIS mad about it; 6 hours play is so much to lose.

Beyond that, this is unfortunate to see, as that feature seems awesome and easily the best aspect of this stuff pack, by far. :/
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm sorry this is happening to you. I have been playing with the camera's and photography (the marks, the backdrops, the tripod, the camera, lights, etc) a LOT lately, and have had no trouble.

Even though, in the past, I would have the same thing happen when taking a picture - before moschino and the update. As another simmer mentioned, I just always save right before I start taking pictures, and save during the session, if it's a longer one and I got some good pictures. Saving takes like 3 seconds, so why not save.

I don't think it's the cameras or the stuff, I think it's just the picture taking mechanics. And I do think if you cycle though the poses too fast, you can kink up the system. Like I said, I've had problems with the picture taking before (it's always when I was snapping pictures super fast), so now I've learned to baby the system. Slow cycle through anything, pace taking pictures and cycling poses. And I haven't had an issue in a long time now.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    This used to happen with the GTW camera too.
    Thanks guys who had concerns, over me losing 6 hours of gameplay, it wasn't anything major anyway. I pretty much got most of my game-play back by cheating.

• DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I took several photo shoots successfully before I had this problem. First time it happened twice in a row with the same couple, same camera. I repaired the game and was able to shoot that couple and others on the same camera. Then suddenly last night it happened again.

Fortunately I've been doing family photo shoots instead of playing, so I didn't lose any progress other than the photos.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Funny thing is, this happened to me before the Island Living announcement. Heck, it was before the Freelancer careers update!
    funny-gifs20.gif

Funny thing is, this happened to me before the Island Living announcement. Heck, it was before the Freelancer careers update!

hmmm, this game is something.

• LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    This has happened to me a couple times ever since they released the whole photography thing in the first place. It's frustrating.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Haven’t had freezing but it does lag for about 30 seconds after I exit out of the camera mode. It’s a known issue and actually is a glitch from my understanding. I’ve seen multiple posts about freezing and I’ve seen the gurus confirm it on twitter as a bug not intentional. So fingers crossed it’s fixed in the upcoming patch Thursday.
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    This happened to me two days ago. I'll stick to using the get together cameras from now on.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Must be a specific mod because my game is loaded with mods and I just used the camera feature just fine.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    All in all it seems be an problem on the Dev side and not on the player's side. It somehow made it through Q&A testing which for me shows Q&A is not too long to see bugs or errors.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I've had it freeze but only for moments, even without tripod but not to point OP had. When they do livesyream do they actually have all packs installed tho, bc you know when you log into sims 3 it would literally tell you only recommended to have a small number (can't recall the number but I think was like 3) packs at a time, and I wonder if 4 is like that and maybe that's why so many bugs like this too
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited September 2019
    There hasn't been anything like in my game. The only issue I really have is your sims instantly become really close to the sim after you take their photo. They can become strangers to best friends with one single picture. That is odd.