Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's watch: Maxis Monthly - September

Comments

• zekrayatzekrayat Posts: 1,855 Member
    Well, I'm excited to finally be able to make Sims who look like my family members without having to make CC. You lot can take it or leave it, I guess. :/
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am only now watching it because I couldn't be there for the livestream ... the update for the stairs is EPIC, I am in absolute disbelief. We waited for this for a long time, but they knocked it out of the park with how they implemented them. I also like all of the other BB and CAS items. I wish people could relax about cultural content that is foreign to their own though. It's really nothing to get upset about.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • irishluck1986irishluck1986 Posts: 309 Member
    when is the update out for pc?
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited September 2019
    I hope the new family will be uploaded to the game. The parents are cute. Not so much the kids, though - I'll probably just delete them. They're not cute.

EDIT: Requesting gnome costumes for kids in the future, so go with the adult gnome costume. I just had an idea for a gnome family legacy challenge.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I don't know why this took so long....feels like it should have shipped with the game. But I'm happy it's here now, and gladly builders were shown some love with this patch.

In TS3, you needed like four cheats and a massive amount of shenanigans to shape stairs - and had to keep some space around them. TS4 stairs became more flexible with the way foundations work in TS4, more so with the terrain tools patch. This makes TS4 stairs way more dynamic than TS3 ever was - and without a single cheat used.

What are you talking about?

I never even mentioned TS3. When TS4 came out, you know the sequel, I hoped we'd have this kind of flexibility for stairs from the start. So I'm really happy about this!
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Oh my gosh, I am totally gobsmacked. How awesome are those stairs! <3<3<3

I loved all the additions they showed and then when it came to the stairs my jaw dropped.

Thank you so much, sims team, for giving us such an awesome gift xx happy anniversary :)
  • MaWhilMaWhil Posts: 29 Member
    Very excited about the stairs and muslim content!!!
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Love those stairs!!!
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    About to head into an obstetrical appointment, but hopefully I'll get to watch a little bit while we're waiting.

I have this picture in my head... ah, yep....
  • Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    When is this patch/update coming out? they didn't say on the live feed.
  • AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    Oh I love love love those stairs, please have the neighbor's house in the gallary :D:D Did everyone see the stairs going to the bacement!!! the walls in the ground for the stairs to fit in!!! oh my goodness!!! So much for a birthday gift, thank you sooooo much for all the awesome stuff <3<3
    waiting for Thursday to get here ...... stairs, plants, cloths, gnomes, ummmmm STAIRS!!!!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Just watched the stream. Love it all! <3 Can't wait for Thursday. Will probably have to get a mod to stop my townies from wearing certain clothing because I want it to be representative and special for certain sims.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Meh, the only thing remotely interesting is the new stair stuff, and I'm not a builder so that's not even anything super exciting for me. :/
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    When is this patch/update coming out? they didn't say on the live feed.

Thursday.
  • emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

Thanks for the link @EA_Mai :# I love all the new stuff! But those stairs are EPIC!!!!!! <3<3<3 and now: Give me my RoM! lol
  • adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    IN regards to split-level stairs, all I can say is that it's about time! Can't wait to build stairs the way I want them.
    2quwd7.gif

• MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I was happy to see a new gnome and another lounge chair. Very happy with the Muslim family. Excited about the Moorish architecture. And can't wait to get the stairs. I think my spellcaster will have a tower with stairs going around the outside.
  • RawlaRawla Posts: 7,495 Member
    I love that server gnome and the stairs mechanic is <3 !
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    What I liked about this Maxis Monthly is that it just kept getting better and better!

My reaction to...
    ... the stuff not TS4-related: :|
    ... the gnome table and fence: :)
    ... the new CAS items and windows: :o
    ... the customisable stairs: <3

Part of me still wonders what took so long about implementing those options for stairs, but whatever. I'm happy to have them now! :#
  • shannonavashannonava Posts: 20 Member
    I'm so so excited for the new windows and garden stuff. I've never been too excited of the prospect of different stairs tbh but I'm sure they'll be great fun to play around with
  • jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    Ahh! the new stairs are so wonderful. Can't wait to try a little building. Also love the lighted fencing! As for clothing - well I'll take any kind of new clothing I can get. Makes my sims more interesting ;) . Thanks sim gurus!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    lsprad72 wrote: »
    All these Supernatural packs. I am all for everyone to get what they want but I see so many people wanting University. Why do they keep ignoring us. I play Sims to mimic real life. There are no Aliens, Vampires, Witches, Mermaids. I only got Vampires when they went on sale and I got it for 4.99. I won't be getting Realm of Magic until it is $4.99. Or I see something in build mode. I love I got Island Living because I like the beach. I don't create or play with Mermaids. I will not play with the witches. They have had back to back supernatural packs. Strangerville, Mermaids and now witches. Come on! I mean I love me the Twilight movies but I know that is a fiction story. It is not real. Am I the only one who plays Sims 4 as a normal life game?
    I am not a builder so I don't care about the stairs. They are unique. If I were a builder I would love them.

Not all things are fictional, there are witches in real,life, no it's not liked what you see in the movies or on here, but they do exist
  • EsReverniDrawrofEsReverniDrawrof Posts: 30 Member
    Hijabs and wow, those stairs!! Oh wait, those up lights are so cool too! Hey, did everyone see those StAiRs!!?? (haha I'm just so exited about this stuff!) Happy Birthday Sims4!!!!
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited September 2019
    Thank you EA/Maxis for this wonderful birthday gift! :)

I haven't seen anyone comment yet on how cool the patterns are on the chairs! And I love the gnome, and the modest outfit with the white jacket, and the stairs of course!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    Hijabs and wow, those stairs!! Oh wait, those up lights are so cool too! Hey, did everyone see those StAiRs!!?? (haha I'm just so exited about this stuff!) Happy Birthday Sims4!!!!

Love Free Stuff! ...... STAIRS! :D
    Loving the user name EsReverniDrawrof {forward in reverse} <3 Clever ;)